Eredivisie 2023/2024

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
mad stuff from Ajax fans. This fixture is surely the most dangerous in Europe now, i would put ahead of the Old Firm at this stage.
I sort of get the impression Ajax Feyenoord has always been top 3 madhouse rivalries in Europe. It maybe only fizzled a while bc Feyenoord being nowhere near Ajax for a while. Was there an actual battlefield of hooligans from both clubs storming each other with weapons and people getting killed some years ago?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
mad stuff from Ajax fans. This fixture is surely the most dangerous in Europe now, i would put ahead of the Old Firm at this stage.
Not really, there havent been away fans for 14 years. It's just Ajax tearing down Ajax.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I sort of get the impression Ajax Feyenoord has always been top 3 madhouse rivalries in Europe. It maybe only fizzled a while bc Feyenoord being nowhere near Ajax for a while. Was there an actual battlefield of hooligans from both clubs storming each other with weapons and people getting killed some years ago?
That was in 1997, the Ajax fan getting killed. It mostly fizzled because there are no away fans allowed at either match.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Oh wow. No away fans allowed since then?
No that's since 2009 or something. We still manage to feck up though. Klaassen was hit in the head with a lighter last year so now we have put up nets in front of our crowd during all our games.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ajax' Ultra's made a statement to come to the Arena at 13.00 today to do, I don't know what (nothing good I imagine). Bit of a clusterfeck that they're making is come to Amsterdam to be harrassed by these morons a 2nd time, but oh well. Poetic justice would be the match ending 0-10.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ajax' Ultra's made a statement to come to the Arena at 13.00 today to do, I don't know what (nothing good I imagine). Bit of a clusterfeck that they're making is come to Amsterdam to be harrassed by these morons a 2nd time, but oh well. Poetic justice would be the match ending 0-10.
I take it they aren't allowed to attend the game?! Will the authorities even allow them to meet up under these circumstances or is this really a play date with the police?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I take it they aren't allowed to attend the game?! Will the authorities even allow them to meet up under these circumstances or is this really a play date with the police?
No they can't enter the stadium, they're telling people to show up at the stadium. I suppose the mayor can declare an area ban (I dunno if this is the proper English term) and have everyone who goes there arrested, but in theory the F-side are allowed to protest peacefully. Though I doubt peacefully will be their preferred course of action.

Best statement would be for the players to just pass the ball around on midfield for 35 minutes and flip them off when leaving, but I doubt they'll do that.

Putting all banter aside

In all fairness, it takes the charm away quite a bit. I went to Feyenoord-Ajax around 2004 being a 13 year old child with my father and shit was just outright dangerous at the time. Police on horseback, trains full of Ajax fans being attacked, helicopters everywhere, felt like a battlefield. Ever since the away travel ban the number of accidents in and around the stadium have been zero to none, but they still find ways to ruin the game like last Sunday (or in March at de Kuip). Some outrageous examples: in 2004, Robin van Persie was attacked by a mob of Ajax fans when he was playing in Feyenoords second team (because he was recovering from an injury), he escaped because both Feyenoord and Ajax players and staff rescued him. In 2019, the parents of a youth team at Feyenoord got attacked by Ajax ultras because they were cheering a goal of their young kids.

It ruins the beautiful game to extents that luckily don't ever happen anymore in the UK and are a reminiscent of the 90s and 80s hooligan culture.

Mike Smalling

I never considered Holland to a country with a bad hooliganism problem. Obviously it exists in every country, but this is far beyond something I would have expect from Ajax fans.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In all fairness, it takes the charm away quite a bit. I went to Feyenoord-Ajax around 2004 being a 13 year old child with my father and shit was just outright dangerous at the time. Police on horseback, trains full of Ajax fans being attacked, helicopters everywhere, felt like a battlefield. Ever since the away travel ban the number of accidents in and around the stadium have been zero to none, but they still find ways to ruin the game like last Sunday (or in March at de Kuip). Some outrageous examples: in 2004, Robin van Persie was attacked by a mob of Ajax fans when he was playing in Feyenoords second team (because he was recovering from an injury), he escaped because both Feyenoord and Ajax players and staff rescued him. In 2019, the parents of a youth team at Feyenoord got attacked by Ajax ultras because they were cheering a goal of their young kids.

It ruins the beautiful game to extents that luckily don't ever happen anymore in the UK and are a reminiscent of the 90s and 80s hooligan culture.
Ah god yes I forgot the youth game debacle when John Heitinga thought it would be a good idea to invite his hooligan friends to a kid game.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I never considered Holland to a country with a bad hooliganism problem. Obviously it exists in every country, but this is far beyond something I would have expect from Ajax fans.
Ajax fans have always been like this. Only difference is that they nearly always win.

Mike Smalling

Ajax fans have always been like this. Only difference is that they nearly always win.
Interesting. I am at best a casual observer of the Eredivisie, so this is kind of shocking to me.

On a side note, I see that Ajax's new player Anton Gaaei was heavily involved in a couple of the goals. He came from my hometown club, and it's not often they sell players to high profile clubs internationally. Apparently he's been getting some pretty shocking messages after the game - hope he can come back strong.

Stadjer

Interesting. I am at best a casual observer of the Eredivisie, so this is kind of shocking to me.

On a side note, I see that Ajax's new player Anton Gaaei was heavily involved in a couple of the goals. He came from my hometown club, and it's not often they sell players to high profile clubs internationally. Apparently he's been getting some pretty shocking messages after the game - hope he can come back strong.
Gaaei hasnt looked good at all and made some big mistakes. He is also a Mislintat purchase and Ajax fans have a major obsession with home grown players. All of that makes him an essy target.

I dont want to write him off just yet because Steijn is a shit manager who basically sets up Ajax in a way that the backs will fail. When (when, not if) Steijn is sacked and a better manager comes in it will be the moment to judge Gaaei. Steijn and this Ajax team would make Cafu look shit too.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Have you met Dutch people on holidays? ;)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

So what's your take on him? Kenneth Perez who is a pundit here said all his contacts in Denmark were in disbelief Ajax bought him.

Mike Smalling

So what's your take on him? Kenneth Perez who is a pundit here said all his contacts in Denmark were in disbelief Ajax bought him.
I'd say he was a pretty good young player for a mid-table club in the Danish league. He stood out for a club like Viborg FF, but that's not saying much. I'm not shocked he got a move abroad, but if the intention was to make him starting right back immediately at Ajax, that was clearly a huge step up for a 20 year old player. If the intention was to have him as a young back-up to see how he develops, that would be more reasonable, but still risky.

Kenneth Perez is a pundit on Danish TV as well, and I really despise him. He comes across like a guy who loves the smell of his own farts. When it comes to middling Danish players with an Eredivisie background turned pundits, Mads Junker is far superior.

Santos J

Ajax pick up where they left off and it's now 1-0 (4-0) after 4 minutes :lol:

Stadjer

The chairman of the Supervisory board (RVC - raad van commissarissen) of Ajax stepped down... so the next person out after Mislintat. Will Steijn be the next one out? Seems like the rioting F-side hooligans get what they want. Just a little bit of rioting and causing a game to be cancelled and you get what you want.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Gimenez getting a hattrick that took him 3 days to score. Wonder if that's some kind of record.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
The chairman of the Supervisory board (RVC - raad van commissarissen) of Ajax stepped down... so the next person out after Mislintat. Will Steijn be the next one out? Seems like the rioting F-side hooligans get what they want. Just a little bit of rioting and causing a game to be cancelled and you get what you want.

They're not asking for Steijn to be kicked out? Is that just because this checklist focuses on the 'people in suits' or do they actually still have patience with Steijn?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They're not asking for Steijn to be kicked out? Is that just because this checklist focuses on the 'people in suits' or do they actually still have patience with Steijn?
The sentiment is that he's been put in a shite situation by Mislintat and his army of rubbish signings, but it's clear he's way out of his depth and I think Ajaxfans are starting to find out.

Steijn is not a bad coach, but he's someone who coaches Sparta or ADO Den Haag, not Ajax.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Yes, it was quite bizarre to put on Akpom and play hoofball with 2 strikers that can't head a ball.
No @KirkDuyt , it's worse. He starts without a leftback to have more power in offence with Akpom. (I follow this logic) After 14 seconds Feyenoord score and 20 minutes later Ajax did not have a single shot on goal. so what does Steijn do? HE BRINGS ON A FECKING LEFTBACK!

Ludens the Red

No they can't enter the stadium, they're telling people to show up at the stadium. I suppose the mayor can declare an area ban (I dunno if this is the proper English term) and have everyone who goes there arrested, but in theory the F-side are allowed to protest peacefully. Though I doubt peacefully will be their preferred course of action.

Best statement would be for the players to just pass the ball around on midfield for 35 minutes and flip them off when leaving, but I doubt they'll do that.
If Ajax and Feyenoord met in a cup final again. Would it be done over two legs like last time ?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

Seems like a tough position to be in as a club. Get rid of them and its like you're caving to the near equivalent of terrorism. By the same token I can only imagine some of the people on that list are probably getting threatened at home or otherwise which isn't good for anyone's sanity. What a shit show it seems to be.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No @KirkDuyt , it's worse. He starts without a leftback to have more power in offence with Akpom. (I follow this logic) After 14 seconds Feyenoord score and 20 minutes later Ajax did not have a single shot on goal. so what does Steijn do? HE BRINGS ON A FECKING LEFTBACK!
Oh right, he did do that :lol:

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Oh right, he did do that :lol:
And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, Steijn asks me to hold his beer and explains that after that goal he wanted to: I SHIT YOU NOT: MINIMIZE THE DAMAGE!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
And just when I thought it couldn't get worse, Steijn asks me to hold his beer and explains that after that goal he wanted to: I SHIT YOU NOT: MINIMIZE THE DAMAGE!
:lol:

Are you sure you support Ajax? You're too funny for an Ajacied.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
We are in brilliant form. Should've scored at least 6 today, so 3-1 is disappointing, but other than that, total dominance.

Santos J

Really doesn't look good for the RKC Waalwijk keeper here vs Ajax. Collision with Brobbey and everyone now off the pitch.