Eredivisie 2023/2024

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I’m sorry buddy, but at least the club now knows it has the confidence to go to Ajax and smash them. Any news on what the FA’s decision will be?
It will be decided today. The rule is to resume within 72 hours, but Ajax play Volendam on Wednesday so that's impossible. The first suitable date is november 1st, which is ridiculous as that is a very busy period for us with tough domestic and CL fixtures. So honestly I just hope the KNVB says the game ends at the current scoreline and that's that.

But to put perspective to the historic qualities in the making. The biggest ever away win at Ajax in our 115 years of existence was 1-3. Ajax has also never gone down 0-3 at home and has never gone 0-3 down in 31 minutes ever. I mean, feck.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Surely it would be ridiculous to restart this and set a a crap precedent?

They should work out what the goals per minute ratio for Feynoord was, extrapolate that over the entire match and have that be the result.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
What an absolute clusterfeck my club is in right now. No words.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Surely it would be ridiculous to restart this and set a a crap precedent?

They should work out what the goals per minute ratio for Feynoord was, extrapolate that over the entire match and have that be the result.
Can't really do that. You can't predict how a match goes forward. Who knows, maybe our keeper gets a 2nd yellow in the 60th minute and we have to hold out for dear life. Best thing is just end the match in its current state, so 0-3. For people screaming Ajax should have points deducted; I agree that should be looked at going forward, but it's not in the rules now, so you can't just decide to randomly deduct points. It's entirely fecked though. These rules were thought up without any thought about the power this gives fans with bad intentions.

Last year, Groningen fans decided to just have a game suspended against Ajax after already being relegated to just piss off Ajax for having to travel to Groningen and back for feck all.

Real Name

It will be decided today. The rule is to resume within 72 hours, but Ajax play Volendam on Wednesday so that's impossible. The first suitable date is november 1st, which is ridiculous as that is a very busy period for us with tough domestic and CL fixtures. So honestly I just hope the KNVB says the game ends at the current scoreline and that's that.

But to put perspective to the historic qualities in the making. The biggest ever away win at Ajax in our 115 years of existence was 1-3. Ajax has also never gone down 0-3 at home and has never gone 0-3 down in 31 minutes ever. I mean, feck.
Really??

Only possible solution should be 0-3 for Feyenoord.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Rest of the match will be played Wednesday at 14.00 and Ajax match with Volendam is postponed to a new date. Volendam is of course livid about this as this was a perfect chance for them to get a point against a disastrous Ajax side. Who knows where Ajax is in 2 months.

It does set a nice precedent. If you're team is playing shite, or one of your key players is injured, just throw a torch and try again later.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Rest of the match will be played Wednesday at 14.00 and Ajax match with Volendam is postponed to a new date. Volendam is of course livid about this as this was a perfect chance for them to get a point against a disastrous Ajax side. Who knows where Ajax is in 2 months.

It does set a nice precedent. If you're team is playing shite, or one of your key players is injured, just throw a torch and try again later.
Imagine the scenes if Ajax somehow manage to get even a draw now. :drool:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Imagine the scenes if Ajax somehow manage to get even a draw now. :drool:
Yeah, I imagine Rotterdam will land an invasion force in Amsterdam if it happens. 0-6 is more likely though as Steijn has to start the 2 worst fullbacks in Ajax history. Though I suppose he can just make 3 sub right away. Maybe take off a defender for an extra attacker... Imagine their defense with less defenders. Gimenez will break the record for most goals scored in half an hour.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Plot twist. Ajax is going to court, because they don't want to play Feyenoord on Wednesday and want to play Volendam.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah, I imagine Rotterdam will land an invasion force in Amsterdam if it happens. 0-6 is more likely though as Steijn has to start the 2 worst fullbacks in Ajax history. Though I suppose he can just make 3 sub right away. Maybe take off a defender for an extra attacker... Imagine their defense with less defenders. Gimenez will break the record for most goals scored in half an hour.
Honestly though, I don't think it's possible. I mean even if Ajax somehow pulled back two goals, Feyenoord fans would surely just call a timeout and give their team two days to regroup.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax

And now both Feyenoord AND Ajax disagree with the decision. It's incredible how the KNVB can NEVER get anything right. :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
And now both Feyenoord AND Ajax disagree with the decision. It's incredible how the KNVB can NEVER get anything right. :lol:
Don't forget Jantje Smit, he's mad too. And understandably so if what he's saying is true and the decision was made without consultant Volendam at all.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I mean in cases like this with one of the big 3 involved when have the little guys ever been considered?

Can’t believe they’re allowing the game to continue though. Horrific precedent to set. Like someone has to be thinking what’s the worst possible decision we can make, and made it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What do Ajax fans want? Play on or forfeit?

If it was United and Liverpool and we were 3-0 down (like that would ever happen....) and it was called off for some reason, I'd still want it finished. You could never live down officially forfeiting and saying "We give up".

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
What are the fan protests about?
Look at the table, then understand they rightly belong there because the new signings have been in large part awful. Add that to the fact that everyone thought Steijn was a head scratching appointment at best and the results of last season, and you have a nice shit sandwich.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
What are the fan protests about?
A godawful season last year and a promised clean up which happened but most of the new players for which was paid a shitload of cash are either not good enough, maybe good enough but don't fit our playstyle. Too many players for the same or wrong position and not an actual creative playmaker nor a right winger and two academy players already look better than their purchased counterparts but more importantly: The new manager is completely out of his depth. Something everybody at Ajax already predicted when Steijn was announced.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Honestly though, I don't think it's possible. I mean even if Ajax somehow pulled back two goals, Feyenoord fans would surely just call a timeout and give their team two days to regroup.
Timeout is such a fitting way to refer to this shit show!

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Timeout is such a fitting way to refer to this shit show!
For someone with ADHD and a low attention span spreading matches over the course of three weeks actually sounds promising.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
For someone with ADHD and a low attention span spreading matches over the course of three weeks actually sounds promising.
And then people complain there's already too much football on the calendar!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
All things considered I have to admit. I'm still bricking it. What if those cnuts score in the opening minute. I will die.

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
All things considered I have to admit. I'm still bricking it. What if those cnuts score in the opening minute. I will die.
I know you’re scarred but Ajax rn couldn’t play dead in a horror movie. Besides, if that happens, throw shit on the pitch yourselves :lol:

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Let's be honest. With absolutely no structure in play and everybody at Ajax running around like headless chickens we still could have scored 3 and maybe deserved a penalty. I could see how you could be a little worried.

It won't happen but I see where you are coming from.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Let's be honest. With absolutely no structure in play and everybody at Ajax running around like headless chickens we still could have scored 3 and maybe deserved a penalty. I could see how you could be a little worried.

I know we wont feck this up, the chance is far greater that you go all out attack and we score 3 more on the counter and still... bricking it :(

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
What do Ajax fans want? Play on or forfeit?

If it was United and Liverpool and we were 3-0 down (like that would ever happen....) and it was called off for some reason, I'd still want it finished. You could never live down officially forfeiting and saying "We give up".
Yeah better to give up on the pitch instead and lose 7-0

FortunaUtd

Never a penalty though.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Against Ajax (or United for that matter) it would have been one.
The Forbs thing? I doubt that really. Surely you don't mean the Berghuis dive, that was just sad :lol:

We will feck you up tomorrow. I hope. Surely. Meh, as long as we win :nervous:

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
The Forbs thing? I doubt that really. Surely you don't mean the Berghuis dive, that was just sad :lol:

We will feck you up tomorrow. I hope. Surely. Meh, as long as we win :nervous:
Yeah the Forbs one. Not saying it was a 100% one but I have seen penalties given for less. I was planning to go to the office tomorrow but now I need to work from home. :wenger:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah the Forbs one. Not saying it was a 100% one but I have seen penalties given for less. I was planning to go to the office tomorrow but now I need to work from home. :wenger:
Yeah same. God, the state of me if you lot score in the 56th minute :nervous:

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
mad stuff from Ajax fans. This fixture is surely the most dangerous in Europe now, i would put ahead of the Old Firm at this stage.