Eredivisie 2023/2024

King Kendrick

Supports
Eredivisie
I know we really only talk about the big 3 plus occasionally AZ in this thread, but Utrecht losing at home to Almere and still in the relegation places :eek:. Not something I would’ve predicted.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
I know it's not the same but I'm as silent as with Nouri. Damn, the flahbacks....

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Teletekst is saying that the medics have been able to speak with him, so that's a positive at least.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
RKC director said that Vaessen was unconscious for a while. When he left the pitch he was slowly waking up but wasn’t aware of where he was.

Dear RKC members,

We are extremely shocked by the incident on the field with our goalkeeper Etienne Vaessen. We can announce that, after extensive medical examination, he is conscious and has been transported to hospital for further examination.

We wish Etienne a lot of strength and hope to have him with us again soon.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
For those that can understand Dutch, the RKC CEO explains it all here:

As @top1whoisman said above, Vaessen was unconscious for a bit but the medics managed to talk with him pretty soon after. They gave CPR because it's standard procedure under the circumstances (since they didn't know what exactly was going on), but it seems it hasn't been necessary in retrospect. Vaessen couldn't remember anything about the incident but it looks like he was lucid otherwise.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Following our update last night, we can report that our goalkeeper Etienne Vaessen had a good night and has continued his recovery. For Etienne it is important for now to be able to recover in peace in the coming hours and days. We would therefore like to ask you to give him and his family the time and rest for this.

On behalf of everyone within RKC Waalwijk, we wish Etienne, and all the people around him, a lot of strength. We hope to see him again at the club soon.

SambaBoy

Just reading an article about Santiago Gimenez.

Is he good enough to make the step up to the PL and United? What type of striker is he?

I seen his goalscoring record wasn't that impressive in Mexico or even in his early days at Feyenoord but is bang on form since the WC.

Mr. P Mosh

I seen his goalscoring record wasn't that impressive in Mexico or even in his early days at Feyenoord but is bang on form since the WC.
To be fair, he started strong in Mexico the Summer of 2022 with 5 goals in 5 games at Cruz Azul before he left for Feyenoord, there he originally was Danilo's back-up so he started slow.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven

Is he good enough to make the step up to the PL and United? What type of striker is he?

Definitely good enough for the PL I would say. Very impressed by him. He's good with his back to the goal and a great finisher (for eredivisie standards atleast). Don't know how fast he is (@KirkDuyt ?) If he's good enough for United that's always a tough call for Eredivisie strikers. He's still suspended for tomorrow's CL match but let's see how he does in the CL.

Geertruida is another one to watch at Feyenoord.

Also very curious (and nervous) to see what PSV brings tonight.

PS. I know he's faster than @KirkDuyt

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

He's a classical striker in the sense that he is good with his back to the goal to hold up the ball and also a clinical finisher. He can score with both feet and is an excellent header of the ball as well. He's also relatively fast and nimble for a striker and can beat a man (the 0-2 against Ajax being a good example). For the Eredivisie he has it all really; he has developed insanely fast since arriving last year, though Slot seems very good at improving players rapidly.

Whether he's ready for the premier league is hard to say. He was marked out of the game rather easily against Roma last year, but that's at least in part to our wide players being terrible last season. Still, I think he needs more physicality to be successful there. I'm also not ready to let him leave Feyenoord so you lot should stay away for now.

@Eendracht maakt macht he might me faster than me, but he's not as handsome.

Who am I kidding, he's a beautiful man.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Good news for Ajax. When they're 0-2 down against AZ this week they can just have the match suspended again as Ajax has decided to do nothing after the Ajax Feyenoord debacle :lol:

Well, aside from saying, don't do it again or else!!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Good news for Ajax. When they're 0-2 down against AZ this week they can just have the match suspended again as Ajax has decided to do nothing after the Ajax Feyenoord debacle :lol:

Well, aside from saying, don't do it again or else!!
I see you're not sad anymore.

But yes, it's ridiculous. Is the KNVB considering changing its rules? Clearly this isn't tenable.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I see you're not sad anymore.

But yes, it's ridiculous. Is the KNVB considering changing its rules? Clearly this isn't tenable.
Yes, I've moved to the anger stage of grieving.

Not sure what the KNVB can do, but the mayor of Amsterdam threathened with harsh measures if this happens again.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yes, I've moved to the anger stage of grieving.

Not sure what the KNVB can do, but the mayor of Amsterdam threathened with harsh measures if this happens again.
The KNVB could make the next step penalties and sanctions instead of immediate postponement of the match. Or that the section where the throwing happened has to be empties. They have all kinds of options really, since the postponement policy was theirs to being with.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Why hasn't this guy been fired?

Must be an Ajax connected coach somewhere who would take the job back.
It's mostly the recruitment that's been rubbish. Recruitment the manager had no say in whatsoever.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
It's mostly the recruitment that's been rubbish. Recruitment the manager had no say in whatsoever.
The recruitment might not have been up to Ajax standards but this coach couldn't win anything with prime Messi, Xavi and Iniesta because he would probably put Messi on goal and Xavi and Iniesta the two centre backs. I never have seen someone so clueless.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I think a certain Dutch manager in the Pl may be available soon.
No chance. Hasn't there been a rumor floating around LvG might be brought in from retirement to right the ship? Seems like the only smart thing for them to do at this pt if true. It clears they need to bring in someone who can go toe to toe with anybody in both the team and club management - and he seems nuts enough to think he can indeed turn it around.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
No chance. Hasn't there been a rumor floating around LvG might be brought in from retirement to right the ship? Seems like the only smart thing for them to do at this pt if true. It clears they need to bring in someone who can go toe to toe with anybody in both the team and club management - and he seems nuts enough to think he can indeed turn it around.
Van Gaal has been appointed in an advisory role. He's not taking on a fulltime job, and definitely not as manager.

On a side note, I know Steijn is crap, but I really think they should give him at least a season or 12 to try and fix this.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
It’s a joy to watch us at the moment. Next two matches against Fortuna and Ajax. ‘Kampioen word je tegen de kleintjes’.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It’s a joy to watch us at the moment. Next two matches against Fortuna and Ajax. ‘Kampioen word je tegen de kleintjes’.
You cnunts should stop winning or we'll never make up those dumb 4 points we dropped. Twente and AZ also keep refusing to lose points. The top 4 is doing very well at the moment.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ajax with only 2 wins all season? They were just pilfered beyond belief over the last 18 months and were never really going to recover from that.

Putting all banter aside

Recruitment failure or not, performing this poor with that material doesn't give the manager a free pass.

In the meanwhile I am starting to worry about the overall level of the Eredivisie, top-4 win their matches with such relative ease that I fear that the points dropped by Feyenoord early season can become painstakingly vital.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Recruitment failure or not, performing this poor with that material doesn't give the manager a free pass.

In the meanwhile I am starting to worry about the overall level of the Eredivisie, top-4 win their matches with such relative ease that I fear that the points dropped by Feyenoord early season can become painstakingly vital.
Yes, it's quite surprising we're still 4th after winning 6 in a row. We will have to beat our competitors in the direct confrontations it seems.

Feyenoord PSV will be a cracking match at the start of december, but Twente will be a big challenge aswell, though I do think our squad is significantly stronger than Twente's.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hartman confirmed my feeling that he's far better and more talented than Malacia last night. Ended Daley Blind's international career as a left back as well I presume. Fantastic debut and a brilliant goal. More intelligent people might be able to link a clip of it (I can just find the region locked NOS highlights).

My favorite Feyenoord player of the moment. If United is still looking for a left back next summer, you might want to try one more from us :wenger:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I think this is player by player the most intelligent AZ side we’ve had in ages.

Don’t think we’ve got enough to win the league but I’d be very happy with 2nd which I don’t see as unrealistic.

I think also with the young players coming through we’ll win the title within the next 3 seasons. The youth development is brilliant here at the moment and long may it continue!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think this is player by player the most intelligent AZ side we’ve had in ages.

Don’t think we’ve got enough to win the league but I’d be very happy with 2nd which I don’t see as unrealistic.

I think also with the young players coming through we’ll win the title within the next 3 seasons. The youth development is brilliant here at the moment and long may it continue!
Nah, you lot aren't ending above us.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Nah, you lot aren't ending above us.
I think there’s a real possibility this season.

You’ve got a better squad on paper of course but this side just seems like it could do it.

I definitely think in a couple of seasons we’ll be properly challenging for a title.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I think there’s a real possibility this season.

You’ve got a better squad on paper of course but this side just seems like it could do it.

I definitely think in a couple of seasons we’ll be properly challenging for a title.
I do agree about your youth players, but the current squad isnt that special I feel. The first 11 is good, but once you have to field players like Dani de Wit or Martins Indi and Hatzidiakos, I dunno.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ten Hag must be looking on in horror. Sometimes you just get this perfect fit with manager and club. But just what the hell is going on at Ajax???