Eredivisie 2023/2024

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
If you can’t convincingly win here against Volendam you don’t deserve a shot at the title.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I liked the guilty look of shame on his face as he got a yellow. Cnut knew what he had done.

Funny thing is, he was already through on goal.
Yeah, as the reporter says. 'Hij is erlangs, waarom doe je dit?'

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah, as the reporter says. 'Hij is erlangs, waarom doe je dit?'
The cheating is just ingrained into the soul with some of these South Americans.

Hmm post that sounds racist but isn't? Or is it...

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
Does anyone here know if PSV are going 100% for a win today? Or will the game vs AZ and the 15 games winning-streak in the league influence todays match in any way?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Does anyone here know if PSV are going 100% for a win today? Or will the game vs AZ and the 15 games winning-streak in the league influence todays match in any way?
Nah, Bosz is resting a few key players as they're already guaranteed to finish 2nd and AZ away is quite a tough game (though only on paper, AZ are flattering to deceive this season).

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Nah, Bosz is resting a few key players as they're already guaranteed to finish 2nd and AZ away is quite a tough game (though only on paper, AZ are flattering to deceive this season).
Plus even when going 100%, PSV are pretty unlikely to get much out of the match, given they were completely played off the field by Arsenal last time. Well, I suppose Arsenal will mostly be playing their reserves as well, but still.

HappyCamper

Supports
Liverpool
Thanks guys. Not worth any bets on PSV after seeing the lineups that's for sure. Could have been worth a sneaky punt earlier today before the lineups came out if PSV were likely to go for a win in the glorified friendly. I'm a bit surprised by the lineup though. It is UCL at home after all.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I agree we’ve been far from our best this season. Quite lucky to be where we are.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I agree we’ve been far from our best this season. Quite lucky to be where we are.
As have we honestly. The quality of our league is dire this year. The entire regular lower subtop is gone. Utrecht, Vitesse, Heerenveen, Groningen. All shite or even relegated. At least Ajax seems te be getting sort of better now.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
As have we honestly. The quality of our league is dire this year. The entire regular lower subtop is gone. Utrecht, Vitesse, Heerenveen, Groningen. All shite or even relegated. At least Ajax seems te be getting sort of better now.
Definitely still lots of talent coming through the league but yeah it feels a bit like nobody is truly a top side capable of competing with europes elite this year.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Tillman, Saibari, Bakayoko, Lang. We are spilled with creative talent at the moment. First three were great against Arsenal yesterday.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Tillman, Saibari, Bakayoko, Lang. We are spilled with creative talent at the moment. First three were great against Arsenal yesterday.
Saibari's rise is insane. You guys are not keeping him over the summer at this rate.

I still maintain Lang is the odd one out. Ali Express Memphis. Lozano is miles better.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Jorrel Hato of Ajax looks a special player, just 17 and captaining Ajax tonight as a CB. Remember this name.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Jorrel Hato of Ajax looks a special player, just 17 and captaining Ajax tonight as a CB. Remember this name.
He very much is a special player. Has been very good since his debut at 16 last season

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Akpom with the worst brace performance of all time? I put a tenner on 3-1 though, so much obliged Chuba.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Hahaha rich coming from a kakkerlak! You’ll be cheering him on when he plays for Oranje in a not too distant future.
He already played for Oranje actually. 5th youngest player ever.

I really like him, just a giant shame that he grew up about 3 feet from de Kuip and his entire family supports Feyenoord. He actually started at Sparta, but we never scouted or rated him highly enough.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Carlos Forbs though... I'm sure he was good at City's youth academy, but he might be even worse than our own Yankuba Minteh.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Seriously Hercules arent even particularly good amateurs. I can unironically say I could probably have played there in my prime and not be a total failure.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
This is just Ajax feeling generous. They could have beaten Hercules 10-0, but how would that have them feel over the holidays? Instead, they gave these guys an early Christmas present. Out of the goodness of their hearts.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The roommates of the dude who scored those first 2 goals put 15 euro's on Hercules winning and him scoring. Odds were 1/751 :lol:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
You could say Ajax laboured under the opposition and Hercules had greater strength on the day.