Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKDevil

Apart from two moments of madness, I thought he was pretty good today.
But he had two moments of madness. One should have conceded a needless pen, the second was a red card. For a manager he’s as useless as a player with a crap fitness record. Simply can’t rely on them.

Andersons Dietician

Spot on, I believe he leads with his high foot clearances because he knows he has a deficiency with heading.

Such a shame because I believed we bought a top draw player during his first season.
That incident where he followed through on the player with the high boot, that was easier to head than what he did and that wasn’t even the first time he did that in the game.

I really just don’t understand why he feels the need to do that because even then all he can really do is hit it straight up leaving it for others to challenge for when if he heads it he probably gets better direction on it. It really just makes no sense to me.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He has all the attributes to be, doesn't have the maturity, experience or knowledge though. He is extremely quick, strong, and very good at duels and shielding the ball. His ability on the ball isn't the best, but also decent. He just lacks a football brain. He is shite at any ball that's in the air though.
So then he doesn't have all the attributes then. Maturity, experience, knowledge, composure, they are all attributes too and he certainly doesn't have them. So his attributes are quick and strong. How is that all of the attributes to be a world class CB? Neither of those attributes are even specific to football. He is average on the ball at best. As you say yourself he has no footballing brain, lacks any maturity or composure and plays like a chicken with his head cut off. He can't head a ball, a pretty important attribute for a CB, and has terrible positioning and just follows the ball flying into challenges. He is so useless at corners he isn't even tasked with marking the other teams biggest aerial threats. For their goal he was tasked with marking Josh King, a 5'11 winger, who was just standing on our keeper. He even made a complete shambles of that, completely letting him run free for the short and then mindlessly ran around the box trying to jump into challenges. He is a CB who couldn't even be relied on to do a CBs role on corners and he still fecked it up. Conversely, King was picking up the same position when they defended corners. Says it all, he is a CB who defends corners in the position of a winger because he's so shit in the air he can't be expected to fill the role of an actual CB. So how exactly does he have all the attributes?

Womp

idiot
So then he doesn't have all the attributes then. Maturity, experience, knowledge, composure, they are all attributes too and he certainly doesn't have them. So his attributes are quick and strong. How is that all of the attributes to be a world class CB? Neither of those attributes are even specific to football. He is average on the ball at best. As you say yourself he has no footballing brain, lacks any maturity or composure and plays like a chicken with his head cut off. He can't head a ball, a pretty important attribute for a CB, and has terrible positioning and just follows the ball flying into challenges. He is so useless at corners he isn't even tasked with marking the other teams biggest aerial threats. For their goal he was tasked with marking Josh King, a 5'11 winger, who was just standing on our keeper. He even made a complete shambles of that, completely letting him run free for the short and then mindlessly ran around the box trying to jump into challenges. He is a CB who couldn't even be relied on to do a CBs role on corners and he still fecked it up. Conversely, King was picking up the same position when they defended corners. Says it all, he is a CB who defends corners in the position of a winger because he's so shit in the air he can't be expected to fill the role of an actual CB. So how exactly does he have all the attributes?
Well positional sense and maturity etc. are all things which usually come with experience (in most cases). In his case, he is at an age where he should be far more developed in those regards, thus he isn't World class or even close to it. The rest of your post is just rambling as I made it clear that he had the physical attributes associated with the role, not the mental ones - which is basically what you just said.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’s got everything but a brain unfortunately.

Was lucky not to get sent off / pen for that high foot also.

I really like him as a defender but he must sort himself out in that sense, as he undoes everything good through the game with a silly mistake. I hope we remain faith with him but he’ll be out of the team for a while.

hobbers

But he had two moments of madness. One should have conceded a needless pen, the second was a red card. For a manager he’s as useless as a player with a crap fitness record. Simply can’t rely on them.
* And he also has a really crap fitness record.

He was better than Lindelof until the sending off happened. Quite unfortunate but he'll have to learn.
Not even close. Even if you take away the remedial red and the nailed on penalty for a 6 ft high totally unnecessary jump-kick. Lindelof was having to cover for his poor positioning constantly, and was also about 3x more composed on the ball despite being on the more uncomfortable side.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I don't get how fans keep repeating that he's got all this untapped potential.All he has is boundless enthusiasm, which is sometimes emphatic, but today it got him sent off. He could have been sent off earlier as well.

His recovery challenges when running back towards his own goal is the only area he really excels, like that block early in the 2nd half. That's nowhere near enough of a skillset. He is terrible in the air and his decision making is garbage. How can you be a top class centre back when you can't head the ball?

I'd love to be proven wrong and all of a sudden he learns how to time his jump to win headers and how to not be a fecking idiot, but it's a longshot.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Well positional sense and maturity etc. are all things which usually come with experience (in most cases). In his case, he is at an age where he should be far more developed in those regards, thus he isn't World class or even close to it. The rest of your post is just rambling as I made it clear that he had the physical attributes associated with the role, not the mental ones - which is basically what you just said.
You've claimed he can be genuinely world class and has all the attributes. So no you didn't make it clear he only had physical attributes, you said he had them all. Being fast doesn't make someone capable of being world class. He lacks pretty much every attribute required to be world class and isn't capable of it at all.

You and countless others keep banging on about him having everything to be world class when he blatantly doesn't.

L1nk

It looks like unfortunately this could be a bust as a transfer, which is a shame because I had high hopes for him, but he is just simply too rash and seems to just have massive moments of madness, that coupled with possible fitness issues and I would think the club should cut it's losses in the summer, i would honestly ship out him, Jones and Rojo, bring back Tuanzebe and then have Lindelof, Smalling, Tuanzebe and another signing or two to add to that.

Womp

idiot
You've claimed he can be genuinely world class and has all the attributes. So no you didn't make it clear he only had physical attributes, you said he had them all. Being fast doesn't make someone capable of being world class. He lacks pretty much every attribute required to be world class and isn't capable of it at all.
I assumed it was self explanatory when I said he didn't have a football brain. I'm not sure what it is with him, but he hasn't developed at all since coming here. I don't know if the lack of consistent game time is the reason for his lack of development, or because he really just isn't that good, but in regards to his physical attributes, if we were to see a young defender playing as he does, most would assume he could still make it as he would learn the other parts of the game. That can't be applied to him though as he is at an age now where he should be polishing his game, beginning to establish himself as a top defender.

PoTMS

Good defender but entirely brainless. Put him in the Sakho, Jones, Stones, Lovren pile.

Bwuk

Very talented but completely brainless.

He’d maybe do better with an experienced and calm head next to him, but if we sold him I wouldn’t mind.

crossy1686

career ending
The CB spots are up for grabs and he does this. It is like no one actually wants it.
Seemed to me he was really up for trying to impress the new manager and get more game time and then he goes and gets too excited. Solskjaer has obviously instructed the defenders to be more aggressive and go in hard but Bailly seems to have taken that as 'make every tackle a boarder line red'.

Hopefully he gets his head together and gets a run in the team when he's back. Looked gutted to have been sent off and miss the next three games.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Really like how Ole dealt with it in the post-match interviews - I was livid he got himself that red, but Ole both managed not to throw him under the bus nor make excuses for him beyond that he got caught-up trying to win the ball back :lol:

OldTrevil

I have to say he had a good game up until that red card, defenders also tend to peak late so I still have a lot of time for Bailly.

Robertd0803

I just don't get what was going through his head to make that challenge.
Yeah it was such a brainless red card to get. 4-1 up and coasting and now puts extra pressure on his team mates being suspended for 3 games. Given his rashness and recklessness you would have to question does he have any footballing brain at all at this stage.

Trizy

Why can't Rojo get a look in? Rojo is rash too but not as stupid as Bailey and not as weak as Lindelof.

el3mel

Why can't Rojo get a look in? Rojo is rash too but not as stupid as Bailey and not as weak as Lindelof.
Well, yes he's as stupid as Bailly and does these 2 footed challengea a lot

Jones, Bailly and Rojo, they are all same type of defenders, rash, headless and injury prone. Everything for these 3 lool like a last ditch tackle. They all need to be shipped out.

Revaulx

I don't get how fans keep repeating that he's got all this untapped potential.All he has is boundless enthusiasm, which is sometimes emphatic, but today it got him sent off. He could have been sent off earlier as well.

His recovery challenges when running back towards his own goal is the only area he really excels, like that block early in the 2nd half. That's nowhere near enough of a skillset. He is terrible in the air and his decision making is garbage. How can you be a top class centre back when you can't head the ball?

I'd love to be proven wrong and all of a sudden he learns how to time his jump to win headers and how to not be a fecking idiot, but it's a longshot.
Plus his fitness record is terrible.

I think people have been seduced by his elegantly high cheekbones. Jones’ faults are fewer yet he gets tons more stick.

Alabaster Codify7

nLove him.
But a total utter lliability.
Dont know what his future is. The right defensive coach. Maybe. All the tools....

Jacob

Bailly is like a virtual pro on fifa that desperataly tries to achieve defensive challenges in order to unlock/boost traits.

ravi2

As rash as that challenge was, Jones and Rojo need to leave before Bailly does.

Bola

It looks like unfortunately this could be a bust as a transfer, which is a shame because I had high hopes for him, but he is just simply too rash and seems to just have massive moments of madness, that coupled with possible fitness issues and I would think the club should cut it's losses in the summer, i would honestly ship out him, Jones and Rojo, bring back Tuanzebe and then have Lindelof, Smalling, Tuanzebe and another signing or two to add to that.
I'm of a similar opinion, although I can't see him getting a chance in our current squad. I think we will either buy a top level defender in the winter, or keep hold of Rojo/ Jones. Under either scenario, he may struggle to get game time to iron out his rashness and other negative attributes.

I wonder if we should loan him out (dependent on our Jan business) or whether it's best to add him to the out list*

*assuming we have one. If we did then Rojo and Jones would be on it

Last edited:

Footyislife

Him and Lindelof are comfortably our two best ball playing defenders which is critical for our ability to play attacking football. And Bailly alongside Smalling is probably our best ball stopping defender. So the criticism today is an unwarranted overreaction to a mistake a young player made. Look at how Ole responded and how shamelessly the lot of you criticizing him do. Us on the CAF are no better than Mourinho, and most of us hatted him for throwing players under the bus. Made a bad tackle today, thankfully the game was already won. Move on.

He's overly agressive and not the best heading the ball. Two things I think we can coach & fix. He's only 24. Has potential to be our most complete CB

saivet

Well, yes he's as stupid as Bailly and does these 2 footed challengea a lot

Jones, Bailly and Rojo, they are all same type of defenders, rash, headless and injury prone. Everything for these 3 lool like a last ditch tackle. They all need to be shipped out.
I remember under LVG Rojo made a few two footed challenges in a short spell of games but managed to get away with getting sent off every time.

For numbers sake, I'd probably keep Bailly around as last choice with Smalling, Lindelof and two new CBs.

ravi2

Of course. That's not up for discussion.
I would like to see Bailly partnered with a experienced leader type CB who would help him calm down not be as rash.
If anything he can provide depth, I still cant believe Jones is still at OT.

Canagel

I would like to see Bailly partnered with a experienced CB who would help him not be as rash.
If anything he can provide depth, I still cant believe Jones is still at OT.
Yep. I said already both Bailly and Lindelof need an experienced commanding CB next to them. And you obviously can't go through whole season with 2 centre backs. City rotate theirs all the time. Jones and Rojo need to be fecked off first.

Sterling Archer

Just caught the highlights that tackle was never a red card.
Irrespective of the card, really bad decision to go in like that at that stage of the game. The clearance earlier was also a bit risky and moreover unnecessary. Seen the word liability thrown around. I I'd like to think it can be coached out of him sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.