Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually thought he was really good until he got sent off, which was an utterly pointless red card to get, you never need to get a red in the middle of the pitch there was 0 danger there and we were cruising.

Andersons Dietician

Thought even before he did a Bailly he was quite poor, he just gets dragged out of position so easily and makes poor decision after poor decision. He had that one really good challenge/block then seconds after did that Kung fu kick. I really can’t make up my mind if he will make it and I don’t think I’d be too bothered if he was sold.

He’s just not a very good defender in terms of knowing what he should be doing.

Shimo

Earlier in the game, friend was saying he likes Bailly and I said I do but, he simply needs to learn to be better in control of his aggression. He was lucky not to give a way a penalty, probably should have been that and at least a yellow. Think ref kind of knew he botched it, you could see he first was reaching for the yellow and then changed his mind going straight red because it would have been at least 2 yellows had he got the first one right.

That said, up until then one thing he did do better was clearing the ball no-nonsense several times but, even then he did have that one moment where he fancy back flicked the ball which had it not come off right could have put us in trouble. He needs someone to work on his agression control and also keeping the defensive side more simple.

Himannv

I thought he had a pretty poor game on the whole. There were more than a couple of times where he was out of position and taking risks he didn't need to. Obviously decision making is his main problem, but there are a few other things that might be fixed by getting a regular run of games. I don't think he warrants getting picked ahead of Jones or Smalling on current form though.

izec

He is behind Smalling, Jones and Lindelöf for a reason. Has probably some bets running with Rojo who is more braindead and can put in more red foul tackles in a game. Massively unreliable. Some brilliant pieces of defending, coupled with some absolutely amateur stuff. Fact is when he plays, we look more shaky than we already are.

Minimalist

Experiment has to come to an end. Got Blind in the doghouse with Mourinho because he couldn't be bothered to jump against City back in 2016 and he really hasn't improved ever since. Rash, can't head a ball and just looks lost at times.

This was his season to prove he's good enough to be a Man Utd defender. He's not.

Sell him.

The tackle he made in the penalty area was pretty shocking as well. He’s just too rash and undisciplined, we were lucky it happened when 4-1 up.

DCP

I like Bailly but he was awful today. Lindelöf had to do the job of two, he was out of position constantly, lucked his way out so many times.

We look 10x more stable with Jones but we desperately need a leader to play alongside lindelof.

Ekeke

Bailly shows whats really important in a CB.

He's fast, strong and agressive. But none of it matters because he's rash, inconsistent and error prone. As well as weak in the air.

A CB not being rash and error prone is far more important than Bailly's good qualities.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
Bailly's defence is like a man who's half sane.You never know which part of him will turn up.

He always has this red card/penalty halo above his head.

I was rooting for him, but not good enough for us. Maybe he should go on loan next season where he will play regularly ,let's see.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

He's fast, strong and agressive. But none of it matters because he's rash, inconsistent and error prone. As well as weak in the air.

A CB not being rash and error prone is far more important than Bailly's good qualities.
Spot on. He is a certified maniac this guy. I want to love him for it, but he is making it incredibly hard. Be a bit crazy once in a while to let opposition attackers be scared of you is one thing, this guy is just unfocused and nuts.

Canagel

He was better than Lindelof until the sending off happened. Quite unfortunate but he'll have to learn.

DBT85

Anyone got a replay of that challenge on the far touchline where the bournemouth player turned around with the ball on the line and Bailly absolutely cunted it into the stands?

Enjoyed that.

He's rash and needs to cool his head, but that's nothing new. That's something that can be fixed.

Gordon S

Ole is being really nice to Bailly there.
He looks like a 18yo on his debut at times. Most times. No composure, no confidence.

Kamprad

Bailly, Young and Rojo are like ticking bombs just waiting to explode into a horrific tackle. If all three on the pitch it’s a certain red card.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Didn’t have a good game and it is not down to lack of game time imo. He doesn’t have the intelligence to make it here

luke511

The guy's had 86 first team appearances in his career, he is severely lacking experience.. He definitely joined us a season or two too early, he still isn't fully ready for the top level yet but the potential is still there, he's a top defender when he has his head screwed on.

arthurka

You should learn the rules. It's an indirect free kick for dangerous play.
Bingo.. Never a penalty.

He isnt close to being a good defender. Rash and loose.

I remember last season v Liverpool half of Caf being over the moon with him. He couldnt hold his position to save life. He was all over the place. Lindelöf might not be as aggresive and "bossy" but at least he is composed and assured.

Bailly wont make the grade at a top club

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Solskjaer did the right thing by saying what he did in public. You don't think he'll be given a very stern talking to behind closed doors?

Teja

Feels like he'd be a good RB but never a CB. I wish someone gives him a couple of games there.

AltiUn

Disappointing to hear he had a bad game - I wouldn't sell just yet not before Rojo and Jones anyway.
He didn't actually have a bad game aside from the red. The red card was unforgivable, to be honest he could've been sent off a few minutes earlier as well for an extremely high boot on Daniels.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I actually thought he was really good until he got sent off, which was an utterly pointless red card to get, you never need to get a red in the middle of the pitch there was 0 danger there and we were cruising.
Absolutely zero use to have a player who will be really good for the majority of the game but routinely feck up, potentially costing the game.

AltiUn

Absolutely zero use to have a player who will be really good for the majority of the game but routinely feck up, potentially costing the game.
Agreed, that moment of madness is too much of a risk. I do honestly think he's a good player but that rashness will prevent him from being anything more than that.

TheGame

He initially was really good in his first run in the team, then got injured and has not found that form back. It’s still too early to dismiss him, think he has all the qualities to be a good centre back but needs that run in the team to find consistency.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Just too eager or trying too hard to impress. Needs to be schooled in the art of composure. I also think his injury issues are due to his style of play much like Jones.

Devil81

Could genuinely become world class, but it's seeming more and more like he can't cut these lapses out of his game.
I don't agree with that at all, he has fantastic recover speed but the majority of the time that's to cancel out one of his mistakes. I'd say of our defenders he's the worst passer of the ball in a fast flowing system and that's saying something given we've got Chris Smalling.

I actually believed he was a fantastic prospect but he's come across brainless over the last six months and a complete liability.

So based on that I don't believe he can world-class, not nowhere near.

norm87cro

We simply don't have a CB imposing enough except him. His decision making should improve and he can become a presence in defence just like Vidić. I tought he was good as anybody until the red (which I also thought was a little harsh from the ref).

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Was getting some horror flashback moments early in the game when he started pulling out his atrociously aimless long passes. Was hoping someone started shouting at him reminding him that Mourinho is gone ffs.

There was a graph posted that showed he literally had the worst passing of any player in the premier league, including goalkeepers that aimlessly punt. Does anyone still have that chart or an updated one?

Aside from that, he’ll grow out of his rashness. He’s still very young. Took Rooney a lil while too

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Has until June to impress here and it's not looking likely. Problem is, we have so many defenders that need selling in the summer, so it might buy him more time.

Devil81

Spot on, I believe he leads with his high foot clearances because he knows he has a deficiency with heading.

Such a shame because I believed we bought a top draw player during his first season.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That tackle reminded me of Kompany's to Nani (albeit from behind). I didn't think they were red card for both occasions.

Gopher Brown

Gets his chance and messes it up, not for the first time. He’s far too reckless and loses his cool too easily. Maybe his agility allows him to make clearances others don’t, but his heading ability doesn’t seem up there with Smalling for example.

Womp

idiot
I don't agree with that at all, he has fantastic recover speed but the majority of the time that's to cancel out one of his mistakes. I'd say of our defenders he's the worst passer of the ball in a fast flowing system and that's saying something given we've got Chris Smalling.

I actually believed he was a fantastic prospect but he's come across brainless over the last six months and a complete liability.

So based on that I don't believe he can world-class, not nowhere near.
He has all the attributes to be, doesn't have the maturity, experience or knowledge though. He is extremely quick, strong, and very good at duels and shielding the ball. His ability on the ball isn't the best, but also decent. He just lacks a football brain. He is shite at any ball that's in the air too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.