Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3KDré

If someone coached him how to head the ball properly he would be brilliant because he leaps up really high, just for some bizarre reason he ducks his head. We look more secure with him on the pitch, so I really hope Ole drops Lindelof for him now.

Devil may care

"It was against Luton"..........I don't care, his attributes are a better fit with Captain Fridge than Lindelof so I'd play him unil he inevitably gets injured in 3 or 4 games time.

Lebo

This was exactly the same way he played against Chelsea last season so people need to give it a rest with the "against a championship side" comments.
exactly. Even better the season before with Rojo dominating Costa and Hazard. That was when i truly felt like we finally have center backs who will take us forward. Injury records aren’t helping at all. I’m not too concerned about his mistakes because those things are generally a result of match fitness.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
You can see why people want him to start over Lindelof. His only real problem is obviously his ability to stay fit, if he can have a full season like Shaw did after having problems he'd hopefully come good.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d start him over Lindelof every day of the week, but his problem has always been fitness. I’ve never had an issue with him defensively, quite the opposite.

Icemav

This was exactly the same way he played against Chelsea last season so people need to give it a rest with the "against a championship side" comments.
Exactly.

He was very impressive during the run in last year. Very assured defensively and his passing through the lines was on a different level to his teammates. He is a very talented player which makes his situation interesting.....

Blood Mage

Too prone to losing his head or getting injured for me, but I suppose we can't afford to carry on with two slow CBs when we insist on playing a high line. It's either him, Tuanzebe or Mengi next to Maguire for now.

lRed

We've seen the Maguire Lindelof partnership for a full season and we know it's never going to be more than mediocre and will always have no pace.

I'd play Bailly alongside Magurie consistently to see if they can form a better partnership, and failing that I'd try Tuanzebe. We need some pace in that defence.
Did you see our season and stats of it ?
Impossible when you say Maguire-Lindelöf is mediocre, what the hell were you watching ?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
There was one occasion where he sprinted for the ball ,outpaced the attacker and realizing the situation attacker went for the slide and he also went for it.

Something I have never seen from Lindelof or Maguire and that's why this guy has to stay fit.

Clermontois

Supports
France
There was one occasion where he sprinted for the ball ,outpaced the attacker and realizing the situation attacker went for the slide and he also went for it.

Something I have never seen from Lindelof or Maguire and that's why this guy has to stay fit.
The best CBs of past epochs are crazy like that.

hobbers

He would always be ahead of Lindelof if he could just somehow avoid getting injured every 40 minutes.

Silas

Can someone list all these "howlers" and red cards that have resulted from his recklessness? People like to use it as a general criticism, but I honestly can't remember his last major feck up. PSG when he was just coming back from long-term injury?

His only real issues are his injury record and aerial ability. Shame, because if he had stayed fit throughout all these years, I'm sure he'd have ironed that out a long time ago.

Swiss_Red89

Lindelof is a bit shit and I would prefer Bailly. I hope Ole starts Maguire-Bailly vs Brighton

El Jefe

Ah the Bailly boom bust cycle is in full force, cue upcoming red card and injury possibly in the same game.
Its honestly hilarious reading this thread.

Bailly has been here for four seasons now, a good performance is nothing new. He has great attributes and when he has a great game he looks immense but its so clear many in the last page or two have short term memories.

Bailly will eventually be a liability, whether through a long term injury, horrid performance or wild lunges on opponents. A good game from him will be followed closely by a horrow show such as his first half vs PSG in 2019. Bailly will continue to be an erratic player and that's the worst kind of player you want to build a defence around.

Lindelof for all his faults will provide safe and steady performances. He's always fit, doesn't really make direct mistakes and reads the game far better than Bailly. I'll take a steady dose of 6.5-7 rather than a 8/10 one week followed by 4/10.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Theres literally no point talking about him as a first team option..

By far the most impressive thing about his performance last night was that he went a whole 90 minutes without rupturing his anus or something.

Give it a week, he'll be on the treatment table again.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he's not injury prone and more consistent, he would have been starter already. The issue about Bailly is that in 20-30 games per season he will play, he's likely to have half of those with 2 or 3/10 performance while the other half with 8 or 9/10 performance. Can't afford to have centre back to have 2/10 performances in 15 games out of 30 imo, that's like performance that cost you the game. But if he can be more consistent and stay injury free, he could be very good one and starter for sure.

jackal&hyde

He is a good modern CD. Those moments of rashness will go away if he can get a solid run in the team. It's all about staying free from injuries with him and we will not need to sign a defender, he can be great. Great if though.

TsuWave

A good game from him will be followed closely by a horrow show such as his first half vs PSG in 2019.
He had been out of the side for nearly two months. Played against Leicester the weekend before being thrown in the deep end as part of a back three and with a declining Ashley Young as wing-back. That was a terrible managerial call.

Lindelof for all his faults will provide safe and steady performances. He's always fit, doesn't really make direct mistakes
Yeah, you definitely don’t watch United :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Bailly has been here for four seasons now, a good performance is nothing new. He has great attributes and when he has a great game he looks immense but its so clear many in the last page or two have short term memories.

Bailly will eventually be a liability, whether through a long term injury, horrid performance or wild lunges on opponents. A good game from him will be followed closely by a horrow show such as his first half vs PSG in 2019. Bailly will continue to be an erratic player and that's the worst kind of player you want to build a defence around.

Lindelof for all his faults will provide safe and steady performances. He's always fit, doesn't really make direct mistakes and reads the game far better than Bailly. I'll take a steady dose of 6.5-7 rather than a 8/10 one week followed by 4/10.
Serious question, when was the last time Bailly had a bad game? Before Maguire headbutted him in the FA Cup semi final he was easily our best defender. He was very good in the Europa League tournament in Germany, he at least gets across the near post and can track runners. Admittedly I might be wrong but I struggle to see, based on 2020 performances, how Lindelof is a safer bet right now.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

So would I - we just need someone to put in a steady dose of 6.5-7 because Lindelof can't.

The Original

Don't you think it's interesting you had to go all the way back to that one game? Which other horror shows would you like to reference to buttress your point?

SSSSnake

He started off nervy for me miss placing passes but grew in confidence as the game moved on. We need his speed and power to compliment Maguire. Yes he may have the odd error in him but it’s no worse then what Lindlelof offers. If he can get a run of games and stay injury free we may have a proper partnership.

Womp

idiot
Should be playing alongside Maguire. He comes in plays well and either he gets injured or for some reason is instantly dropped for Lindelof again.

Jaykespeare88

Yeah seems like his first though is to use his strength to get in front of the attacker, with a mind to completely taking them out at a seconds notice, might explain the perceived rasheness, hopefully with games he can do the former more often.

Silas

Serious question, when was the last time Bailly had a bad game? Before Maguire headbutted him in the FA Cup semi final he was easily our best defender. He was very good in the Europa League tournament in Germany, he at least gets across the near post and can track runners. Admittedly I might be wrong but I struggle to see, based on 2020 performances, how Lindelof is a safer bet right now.
Myself and others keep asking this question, but nobody has an answer. Seems like it's just been repeated ad nauseum, to that point that people have bought into the narrative. The only example people can call on is PSG, which he shouldn't have started in after such a long layoff anyway.

Myself and others keep asking this question, but nobody has an answer. Seems like it's just been repeated to the point that people have bought into the narrative.
It was defo the PSG game, hes been fine since then.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Myself and others keep asking this question, but nobody has an answer. Seems like it's just been repeated ad nauseum, to that point that people have bought into the narrative. The only example people can call on is PSG, which he shouldn't have started in after such a long layoff anyway.
He was played as RB against PSG. Again, not his mistake

Silas

It was defo the PSG game, hes been fine since then.
Exactly, and before that PSG game (that shouldn't really be counted against him imo), you likely have to go a lot further back.
He was played as RB against PSG. Again, not his mistake
Agreed, I mentioned this in one of my earlier posts. All the more reason why it's seriously disingenuous for people to use that game as the crux of their argument.

Hoboman

Almost forgot what it feels like to have pacey, no-noncence CB, who can effectively cover our fullbecks.

Kostov

It was down our left side I think, typical reckless from him to be fair as much as I like him. :lol:

I'd have him over Lindelof anytime however, thing is, he is getting injured in his next game.

Shinjch

He is still an accident waiting to happen, but he is much better option than Lindelof while he is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.