Eric Dier runs into stand angrily confronting fan, has to be restrained

edcunited1878

Stuff like this shows the lack of patience people have and just want to be reactionary and get short-term attention.

Dier's side of the story will come out and maybe we'll hear from the person he was calling out. But Dier's story will come out and I'm sure he'll be comfortable with whatever ban/fine he'll be given. He knows full well what he's done when going into the stands like that, so it had to have been something really, really massive.

Interested to see Dier's side of this and get his reasoning as to why he did what he did and if he doesn't apologize.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Stuff like this shows the lack of patience people have and just want to be reactionary and get short-term attention.

Dier's side of the story will come out and maybe we'll hear from the person he was calling out. But Dier's story will come out and I'm sure he'll be comfortable with whatever ban/fine he'll be given. He knows full well what he's done when going into the stands like that, so it had to have been something really, really massive.

Interested to see Dier's side of this and get his reasoning as to why he did what he did and if he doesn't apologize.
What a load of crap. If you were here in Japan, I would climb over seats to get to you. white text

Tarrou

I don't think there's much in this. He thought his brother was in trouble and rushed to help him, stopping short of throwing a punch. I'd have done at least as much as him, if not more.

Sure, he should get a ban for running into the crowd like that but I really don't think it's that big of a deal.

Devil may care

That was weird, it took him that long to get up the stairs and he looked dazed by the time he got to whomever it was he was chasing.

Has @GlastonSpur pointed out how beautifully constructed the seats are yet? They look much easier to hurdle than in other stadiums. The investment is paying off already.
:lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I’m pretty sure I remember a story from a few years ago where he hinted at violence against Herrera in a game. Something along the lines of “seeing him soon”

He obviously fancies himself as a bit of a hardman.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Looks a bit of a wally, but fair enough if he thinks he's defending family honour. I still think the fa should ban him till the end of the season though, because you can't have pro athletes jumping into the stands and going after fans.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
People are acting like it was the Malice At The Palace II.

I wouldn't ban him personally. He jumped into the stands, big deal. He didn't really do anything apart from that.

Teja

I for one am enjoying the meltdown now that Jose is no longer here :lol:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
He looks like an idiot at the moment, and should rightfully sit the rest of the season out as a result. Players can't just go into the crowd and confront fans and violence.

Will be interesting to see the reasons behind his actions though.

UpWithRivers

Its a red card for jumping into the crowd no? Ok this was not in celebration but he never actually did anything. 9 months would be ridiculous. Ban him for a month and fan should be banned for life for being an idiot. When this happens why cant players have a chief steward. Someone they know they can go to and say - Hey - that fan. Blue top. Third row is doing x,y,z. Then the players go back to doing their job and the stewards take care of it.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
To all those people who think that Mou's sides don't attack, this should shut them up

Red_toad

People are acting like it was the Malice At The Palace II.

I wouldn't ban him personally. He jumped into the stands, big deal. He didn't really do anything apart from that.

Ditto for people who run on the pitch then eh?
If you don’t understand the reasons why, you shouldn’t comment. Stewards are in the stadium for a reason, it’s not the job of professional footballers to sort crowd issues out.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ditto for people who run on the pitch then eh?
If you don’t understand the reasons why, you shouldn’t comment. Stewards are in the stadium for a reason, it’s not the job of professional footballers to sort crowd issues out.
It is the job of a brother to help a younger sibling though.

Brophs

The One and Only
If someone did that to my bother I’d be into the stand like a shot, grab him by the scruff of the neck and scream “Fair play, mate. Finally someone said it” in his face.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters

Disagree.

He's always had a hot-head nature about him, his team are struggling and just suffered a horrible loss. He's been a shadow of himself performance-wise this season. It's possible that even something trivial tipped him over the edge. Unlikely, but not out of the question.

Judas

Open to offers
Maybe its because he's rubbish but I don't think I care even a little bit if he doesn't get banned. I don't really blame him for acting in that way, but it obviously wasn't the right thing for a professional to do, it was a human reaction.

mu4c_20le

Maybe its because he's rubbish but I don't think I care even a little bit if he doesn't get banned. I don't really blame him for acting in that way, but it obviously wasn't the right thing for a professional to do, it was a human reaction.
Depends on whether or not his family was actually in any sort of danger. Because to me, and probably most of the world, it looks like a pub brawl.

Judas

Open to offers
Depends on whether or not his family was actually in any sort of danger. Because to me, and probably most of the world, it looks like a pub brawl.
It sort of doesn't depend at all, who hasn't overreacted if they think a family member is in trouble or danger. He still shouldn't have done it, and I'm sure he'll be punished, but yeah just what a human being does, especially when his emotions would already have been heightened due to the loss.