Eric Dier runs into stand angrily confronting fan, has to be restrained

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
When are we going to start talking about the amount of abuse players get?
It's already started, with the usual bizarre, context-free proviso that you can't call someone a cnut in the street but you can at a football ground.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You seem to be pretending to know lots. At this point all we really know is that he ran to help his brother out. He seemed to get there pretty quickly and whoever he was having a go at seemed to chicken out which is why 'fizzled out' much to the dismay of some loons. On face value, while it's not professional, on a human level it's understandable to react if your loved one is in trouble. That's not to say that more facts can't change the perception of the incident. And naturally the game needs stewards sorting issues out not players.
I don’t know anything other than dier went into the stands and started climbing over seats and then ended up being restrained.

And for that I think he deserves a healthy ban.

it’s the others justifying it assome sort of hero rescue of his brother I find funny

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Again we have no idea what happened. The benefit of the doubt Eric is getting for losing his temper, running up how many flights of stairs to start a fan after a pen loss when emotions are high is ridiculous.
Why cant Eric just be an overreacting asshole?
Because the reaction is so over the top that a fan having said something "mildly annoying" is simply not the most sensible logical conclusion.

The fan being an assh*le is simply exponentially more likely.

Tarrou

I don’t know anything other than dier went into the stands and started climbing over seats and then ended up being restrained.

And for that I think he deserves a healthy ban.

it’s the others justifying it assome sort of hero rescue of his brother I find funny
I don't think anyone thinks he was a hero. It's just understandable that he ran over, given his brother was involved in an altercation.

He should still get a ban anyway.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's already started, with the usual bizarre, context-free proviso that you can't call someone a cnut in the street but you can at a football ground.
It's obscene. I see more decorum in clubs full of drunk guys. The amount of abuse there guys get is unacceptable.
Not many of us can work under those conditions.

cyberman

Because the reaction is so over the top that a fan having said something "mildly annoying" is simply not the most sensible logical conclusion.

The fan being an assh*le is simply exponentially more likely.
Or Dier is an asshole? Unless its really over the top then blaming abuse from fans is pathetic to be honest. Especially when we havent got a clue what was going on.
If the fan was being an asshole we would have heard it by now instead posters are making up super brother scenarios to justify it.
The silence is defeaning. Why cant his brother be the asshole?

MrPooni

If the iconic Fast and Furious franchise has taught us anything, it's that family comes first. It's been a long day without you, my friend and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again. Salute, Eric Dier.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Its a red card for jumping into the crowd no? Ok this was not in celebration but he never actually did anything. 9 months would be ridiculous. Ban him for a month and fan should be banned for life for being an idiot. When this happens why cant players have a chief steward. Someone they know they can go to and say - Hey - that fan. Blue top. Third row is doing x,y,z. Then the players go back to doing their job and the stewards take care of it.
Because people were holding him back and the fan in question ran off.

Member 39557

If the iconic Fast and Furious franchise has taught us anything, it's that family comes first. It's been a long day without you, my friend and I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again. Salute, Eric Dier.
We just needed a flying headbutt. :drool:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
If the fan was being an asshole we would have heard it by now instead posters are making up super brother scenarios to justify it.
The silence is defeaning. Why cant his brother be the asshole?
There's a chance that one of them is a relatively innocent victim, but the most likely scenario is that both were being assholes.

As for Dier himself, it kind of depends on what he saw. If his brother was actually being smacked around I wouldn't blame Dier at all, and I would expect most people to react the same way. As somebody else said he didn't seem to be in 'that' much of a hurry though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just handbags and he over-reacted. Hopefully security has footage of the entire incident.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
This could become a thing like: "90K season ticket and you can pick a player to battle in the octagon after the match"

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
I'm a little late to the party on this, so why was everyone saying it was racism, is Diers brother black?

Member 39557

There's a chance that one of them is a relatively innocent victim, but the most likely scenario is that both were being assholes.

As for Dier himself, it kind of depends on what he saw. If his brother was actually being smacked around I wouldn't blame Dier at all, and I would expect most people to react the same way. As somebody else said he didn't seem to be in 'that' much of a hurry though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was just handbags and he over-reacted. Hopefully security has footage of the entire incident.
You've clearly never worn football boots on concrete. It can be akin to ice skating, depending on the studs.

EngimaMK

Lingard for me, hands down. In terms of dislike-ability and slight potential to actually win the fight.
Honestly, this is really inappropriate and the mods won't allow it, but I'd love a thread about which players (United or all?) you'd like to have a scrap with. Ha ha.

Lingard must be up there for me too!

EngimaMK

Honestly, this is really inappropriate and the mods won't allow it, but I'd love a thread about which players (United or all?) you'd like to have a scrap with. Ha ha.

Lingard must be up there for me too!
Pogba too, although he would probably kick the shit out of me. Ha

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm a little late to the party on this, so why was everyone saying it was racism, is Diers brother black?
A Spurs fan twitter account spread nonsense about the fan being racist towards Gedson, and Dier storming up saying "he's my brother" was in solidarity with Gedson.

9 month ban coming from the FA for attacking a fan I presume. There is precedent.
There is precedent for a Manchester United player. No chance he gets the same treatment, Spurs dont generate the same headlines.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I'm sure some of you matchgoers on here have at one point or another shouted something you wouldn't have if not for context of being at a match. The guy Cantona kung-fued, anyone know how he's doing today? I'm not saying he's not doing fantastic, and being kicked by Cantona even contributed positively to the rest of his life. But celebrities going after random people can have negative consequences for the random person. Of course, for all I know, the random person should be in a mental hospital, or prison. Who knows