Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Every successful club has been bankrolled by wealthy benefactors. I mean Newton Heath was saved from ruin by John Henry Davies almost exactly 122 years ago. Manchester United's story began that fateful day of April 24, 1902 thanks to him and others. Rangknick indeed didn't build the Red bull clubs but he was very instrumental in putting in place the structure that saw them rise swiftly to the powerhouse they collectively are
Yes he did help build the foundation and he did a competent job, but not by scratch as you put it. And the job he did wasn't out of the ordinary either. Because in his own words, it was a simple process and his role was to align recruitment towards a attacking play style. And the heads of recruitment/scouting did the rest which provided Rangnick with recruitment information to act upon.

So in essence Rangnick's job was pretty straightforward, which was to act upon information from the team below him, and to make sure the same team is working at optimal levels, because without their help, he wouldn't function as well in his role as the sporting director.

And what happened over a 100 years ago at Newton Heath doesn't have any correlation to what happened at RB Leipzig under their owner. Because this isn't a case of saving a club from financial ruin, but rather about creating a club with financial means that would be labelled a plastic club by German football fans due to it's owner not adhering to the 50 + 1 rule.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not full control, but they're probably making a reference to these reports and similar

https://www.footballtransfertavern....rizio-romano-reveals-ten-hag-demands-man-utd/

https://metro.co.uk/2022/04/10/gary...be-warning-erik-ten-hag-against-job-16441741/

Speaking on the Gary Neville Podcast, he said: ‘I read this morning that Erik ten Hag wants all these demands met or else he won’t come to the club. You imagine [what will happen] if in the next week or 10 days they can’t get Ten Hag over the line because of what’s happening at the club and how bad the club is and the state that the club is in.

‘You look at what Manchester United are doing to players currently, there isn’t a player that has grown really. Look at what they did to Van de Beek, and if you’re Ten Hag I think you’re on the phone to Van de Beek and you’re asking, “What’s it like there Donny?” He isn’t going to be saying anything good, is he?

‘So I suspect that Ten Hag’s demands – not financial demands but control, recruitment, structure, youth – are about not being exposed to what other managers have been exposed to in this last 10 years.

‘And that may be too much for Manchester United, and I suspect they’ve got maybe a difficult week or two. I still think they may get it over the line, but the reports this morning were such that Erik ten Hag’s demands are maybe going above and beyond [what United will accept].’

He continued: ‘It all feels like it’s eggs in one basket with Ten Hag, but if they can’t get him over the line, what a position for Manchester United to be in if they can’t get a manager to come in that wants to come in because of his demands about the way the football club is run.

‘And if you’re Ralf Rangnick reporting in to Ten Hag and answering him honestly, which I suspect he will be, and if you’re Van de Beek answering him honestly, which I suspect he will be, and we know Edwin van der Sar is over there [at Ajax] who will be speaking to Ten Hag honestly.

‘They’ll be saying, “Be very careful, be very careful about going to Manchester United” because it can be a graveyard at this moment in time for reputations.

‘Ralf Rangnick came in with an incredible reputation, and he still has that reputation, but he’s now starting to be wounded by what’s happening around him and he looks weaker and more vulnerable on the touchline because of the performances of the players on the pitch that are nothing to do with him.
Thanks, so nobody said it then!

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

How many players in the current squad fall under this category? Wanting to improve every day?
Imagine his individual sessions with our lot ? It would last days :lol:

Last edited:

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I really hope that he gets a fair chance at this. I can't get Lee Harvey Oswald's name out of my head.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Maybe it's about time we were the ones desperately hoping a manager chooses us rather than being arrogant and thinking we always get what we want.

JuriM

It's all set already, no need to sweat about it. We just need to give time and make smart plays now to be able to be at Liverpool or City intensity level in a few.

IhabX7

How many players in the current squad fall under this category? Wanting to improve every day?
I hope ETH considers bringing in Tadic, who has been exceptional every time I watched Ajax in the last few years.

JuriM

I hope ETH considers bringing in Tadic, who has been exceptional every time I watched Ajax in the last few years.
Tadic is 33 and said that he is on his last contract already with chance to move to Ajax coaching staff after the current deal runs out.

red_de_pologne

The tweets feel like deja vu - he wants more control, details still being ironed out, he's still undecided, United his most likely destination .. but .. he wants more control, details still being ironed out, he's still undecided, United his most likely destination

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He has some similarities to Bruno I think in terms of his chance creating ability. Was like that at Southampton even.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bit too old (and redundant with Fernandes in the side) but he’s one of those players who probably could’ve played at the highest level if he got the right breaks. I remember seeing a stat that he has like 20+ goals and 20+ assists in Europe over 70 odd games. Some of that is skewered by Europa, but it’s still a pretty impressive showing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Our players won’t like him one bit. Bunch of lazy entitled cnuts.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Regarding the individual video analysis thing, it reminds me of when LVG used to send our players their video analysis and they did not like it :lol:

Hopefully we get players who have attitudes like Tadic.
Moyes was the true pioneer in that regard. Showing Rio videos of the legend that is Phil Jagielka. If only Rio was open to improving everyday! :drool:

Infra-red

Our players won’t like him one bit. Bunch of lazy entitled cnuts.
That's true for some of them, but I have a feeling that they won't last long.

Some players (especially the younger players, who haven't yet fully developed their games) will love having a top class coach around.

MUFC OK

That's true for some of them, but I have a feeling that they won't last long.

Some players (especially the younger players, who haven't yet fully developed their games) will love having a top class coach around.
Time to ship them out then, even if we have to pay part of their ridiculous wages until the end of their contracts.