Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Please tell me this is a joke and Merson isn't really this thick.
It is a joke but Merson is much much thicker than that.
To be fair I think that Merson pretty much gets paid to play exactly that role, say exactly those things.
I'm not saying he has to force himself to come up with it, and showers for 45 minutes and gargles with vinegar after each taping to cleanse himself from the shit he said, but still he's playing a role, even if that role is close to his true self.
He is expected to be that thick blowhard and create those quotes, and he will deliver.

That's why it's also so certain that he will deliver a quote like the above on Ten Hag, at some point in the future. Because we want him to.

Hoof the ball

Exactly this. Klopp lost many finals with Dortmund and lost CL final with Liverpool, pep lost a CL final, does that mean he’s a bad manager… some people man!
Prior to that CL loss,I believe Pep had a 93.3% record in finals. That's 14 wins in 15 finals up until the loss to Chelsea.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Prior to that CL loss,I believe Pep had a 93.3% record in finals. That's 14 wins in 15 finals up until the loss to Chelsea.
But the point still remains the same… no one is going to win every single final. You can’t rule out a manager who’s about to win 3 leagues in a row just because he lost a final.

The Irish Connection

So. Anyone watch the game?
They have an overwhelmingly strong team for PSV.
Why'd they lose?
Yeah. Tbh, Ajax deserved at least a draw in the 90 minutes. They should have had a penalty in the first half and had two goals disallowed for players coming back from offside by half a boot.
Tadic also hit the post.
They conceded a goal by a misplaced pass trying to build up from the back with the rest of their players pushed up, outnumbered on a counterattack.
PSV defended well towards the end.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Arranging the letters in “Paul Merson” gives you “lump on arse”.
So you should not attempt it.

Judas

Open to offers
I know he gets a regular slagging on here, but that is a desperately shite attempt at trying to be first. He could have made that tweet days ago, in fact he probably did just minus the catchphrase.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
- Set to be completed, which it already was
- Ajax and United to discuss and finalize, which was already the case too

I think he just forgot to do a Here we go before.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Stone said it was imminent hours ago. Plus he’s said no announcement today or tomorrow. So I have no idea why he’s tweeting.
Oh just reread Romanos. I thought he said it would be announced today/tomorrow.

Genuinely think we would hold any announcement back because we dont want a pending Liverpool defeat to sour the moment.

RedDevil@84

Klopp level excuses

He's ready to be a top manager
Not there yet. Klopp has blamed too much wind, too sunny, too snow, too wet. Not to forget blaming us for having too many players injured and blaming an almost relegated West Brom for coming back from 2-0 to draw 2-2, because the 1 pt was not enough to save West Brom from relegation.

L1nk

Crucially what Romano is saying is that Mitchell van de Gaag is definitely going to be his assistant

Judas

Open to offers
Crucially what Romano is saying is that Mitchell van de Gaag is definitely going to be his assistant
No he doesn't? He says priority candidate. That's not confirmation he's going to be the assistant at all! Just that he's the one Haggy wants. It's totally recycled info, every part of it.

SER19

Always loved the idea of dutch football and hope he and his equally bald assistant excel here. The natural fear is that its all out of their hands and that the club itself is too far gone.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Always loved the idea of dutch football and hope he and his equally bald assistant excel here. The natural fear is that its all out of their hands and that the club itself is too far gone.
Even with the players we have now we could be doing alot better with improved coaching and tactics.
We really need to improve recruitment, hopefully having a clear idea of the type of player we want based on a clear playing identity will help. I only hope the club listen to the likes of Rangnick

Judas

Open to offers
My (weird) crumb of comfort is just what mess Liverpool looked not that long ago, and now where they are. Roy Hodgson was their manager in the not too distant past and they looked 20 years away from getting anywhere close to the league.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is this getting done tonight then? Maybe tomorrow. It’s already as good as done but I mean for the club announcement etc.

peridigm

Is this getting done tonight then? Maybe tomorrow. It’s already as good as done but I mean for the club announcement etc.
I think Ajax and ETH will want to announce it sooner rather than later just to get it out of the way so ETH can concentrate on the end of their season.