Erik ten Hag - Ajax Manager

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Only questionable one on that list is Rashford, and at this point it's only slightly questionable.
Thing is Rashford is too well paid to keep. He is playing like a turd and is on high wages. No difference between him and Martial.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Only questionable one on that list is Rashford, and at this point it's only slightly questionable.
Only reason you say that is because he is home grown

Cassidy

No because I think he's the only one I believe who can turn it around, but that belief is diminishing by the second.
Martial has more chance under Ten Hag than Rashford

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
:lol: Was only a matter of time until the annual £200m budget stories came out. Mirror stories should be banned.

Xanther

Some of us thought we were stacked 8 months ago :lol: I look forward to the exodus. New faces, new coach, another chance.
Yes, but please also add Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Cavani and Maguire.
It's already understood that they're leaving

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yes, but please also add Pogba, Lingard, Mata, Cavani and Maguire.
Everyone already knows pogba, lingard and cavani are going. Maguire won’t be sold as much as we all want him to be. Nobody will even buy him to be honest. His price as dropped so low and he’ll still have no one interested in him, he’s awful. The best we can hope for with him is that ten Hag can get the best out of him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
With salaries in mind, we could probably get around:
Wan Bissaka - 20-30m
Bailly 5-10m
Jones - free
Martial - 20-30m
Telles - 10m
Rashford - 40-50m
I don't know who is paying 20M for AWB or 40 for Rashford. Villa, Newcastle maybe. The days of Everton getting mugged seem to be over.

Cassidy

I don't know who is paying 20M for AWB or 40 for Rashford. Villa, Newcastle maybe. The days of Everton getting mugged seem to be over.
PSG are interested in Rashford, infact Im quite certain we wouldnt have a lot of issues getting a good fee for Rashford

CraftySoAndSo

I was just about to post i have a feeling i'll love Ten Hag as much as the last Eric that represented United. Then remembered Bailly despite the fact i literally just read his name a second ago in the Mirror tweet. That shows how forgettable Bailly has been or i've got the attention span of a goldfish.

DON’T PANIC ™

What’s ETH temperament like? Genuine question, I’ve never seen him interviewed or press conferences. Is he laid back, humorous, uncomfortable or very methodical with his answers like RR?
Do his players like him or fear him?

bosskeano

I'd sell everyone of them except i would keep Rashford...he's a quality player but just having a tough time right now. I think a manager like ETH and his style of play will help Marcus a lot and anyone comparing him and Martial are mental.

You sell AWB, Bailly, Martial, Telles....you may get 30m for that group if you're lucky. Jones, Lingard, Matic, Mata and Pogba will all leave on a free. That's 9 guys, not including Ronaldo, that you're getting off the books for wages which is a much bigger deal than any transfer budget amount we are supposed to have at our disposal.

That gives ETH a healthy salary gap to fill as well as add some coin into his pocket for bringing in players who will probably be on lower wages than most of the guys mentioned. While he may be walking into a hornets nest due to transfer activity, he'll be happy bc he can absolutely put his stamp on the squad with the ins and outs.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
There was talk earlier of Newcastle willing to pay £33 Million for Maguire, reportedly we would want closer to £50 million though.

Levi1

Somehow, I'm concerned now that the discontent among players and fans will mean that Ten Haag would give this a miss.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Richard keys and Alan Gray are bashing into him, and nigel de Jong is sticking up for him.

The ajax fans reckon he's a one trick pony who hasn't got a plan B and that he makes subs very late, when it's too late. Say he can't get the best out of a bad team.

This is gonna be a bumpy ride.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t underestimate their stupidity

Joseunited

Richard keys and Alan Gray are bashing into him, and nigel de Jong is sticking up for him.

The ajax fans reckon he's a one trick pony who hasn't got a plan B and that he makes subs very late, when it's too late. Say he can't get the best out of a bad team.

What i'd give for a one trick pony winning league after league and overperforming in Europe.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Ffs Hag make a sub!

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What i'd give for a one trick pony winning league after league and overperforming in Europe.
You should see Richard keys. He is accusing him of so many things and then saying he doesn't really know much. He is slaughtering him and it's not making sense.

FerociousCorgis

come one man. you can get over 40 for rashford easy. Dude has one hell of a scoring record and many teams would just hope they can "fix him". I think 20 mil for awb is prob about right. maybe 15-20 million depending on who is interested.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Palace would easily take him back for 20-25m. Infact , any team who want their defenders to defend will take him without any fuss.

Joseunited

You should see Richard keys. He is accusing him of so many things and then saying he doesn't really know much. He is slaughtering him and it's not making sense.
Richard Keys isn't exactly a fan of United :lol: the knobjockey.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Not much wrong with being a one trick pony as long as it is a really good trick.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Didn't he build 2 successful Ajax teams with different styles of play?

Seems like he's got more than one trick

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
There was talk earlier of Newcastle willing to pay £33 Million for Maguire, reportedly we would want closer to £50 million though.
I would bite their hands off, yes it's a 40M+ hit but that would take such a big weight and pressure off everyone. Just like Pogba, Varane need a great partner to be himself otherwise the transfer will be a massive waste of time/wages.
Don’t underestimate their stupidity
If Usmanov & co can't use their money anymore, it will be tough.

Idxomer

Why would you listen to these two clowns?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

When things are going well nobody bothers about subs, so hopefully things will be going well and we won't be worrying about when he makes subs.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax

Absolute bollocks. Ajax fans love him. He gave us a lot and even though our teams got ripped apart he made us play brilliant and dominant football. He a perfectionist like Pep and a controlfreak.

Us fans love him for what he has done for the club. I will miss him dearly.

He is firm but also has very good relationships with the players. But has a no bullshit attitude.

Reactions: Fortitude