Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redstain

He's just proven all his doubters right by showing that it isn't the players, it's his system.
I absolutely agree and it goes to show that by imploring a critical view of this season it's been the managers decisions that have undone the team as opposed to player availability.

The team dropped when out of possession and abandoned the press which if the opposition beats the first wave leaves that massive hole in midfield.

The first game i've seen this season where the midfield wasn't overly exposed and it was simply down to tactical adjustment. As stated Erik deserves the praise for this fixture just as much as he deserves criticism for the others.

Bobski

Tonight and parts of the Arsenal game show just how ridiculous the set up has been this season. A more compact midfield shape, and there was a vague resemblance to a proper team.

Negligent use of his available resources this season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Tonight and parts of the Arsenal game show just how ridiculous the set up has been this season. A more compact midfield shape, and there was a vague resemblance to a proper team.

I'm still scratching my head, what did he actually hope to accomplish?

hobbers

I absolutely agree and it goes to show that by imploring a critical view of this season it's been the managers decisions that have undone the team as opposed to player availability.

The team dropped when out of possession and abandoned the press which if the opposition beats the first wave leaves that massive hole in midfield.

The first game i've seen this season where the midfield wasn't overly exposed and it was simply down to tactical adjustment. As stated Erik deserves the praise for this fixture just as much as he deserves criticism for the others.
And it's tragic that it took him 35 games of shit to figure out that having a solid(ish) base can be achieved even with your whole first eleven out injured. And that actually, having a solid base is the most crucial part of a football team, wherever that team is in its cycle.

Now we're 11 points behind Villa, 16 and 24 goal difference behind Chelsea and Newcastle, with nothing to play for, when it could have been so different.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

That's the thing, season.

Not just a few games, or a quarter, a season.

At least we'll see out the last 2 games playing this way.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I wonder if anyone who interviews will ask why it's taken all season and constant maulings for him to return to common sense. Fixes the system and we look a different team. What a coincidence that is.

So many things reflect badly on him.
They never really ask serious questions like these do they ?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Newcastle fans staying to boo him during his speech was tasteless.

stevoc

I hope people understand, watching this half what we should have looked like all season if set up correctly, and that even with the injuries and less than stellar backline, there's more to this team than the awful football and setup seen throughout most of the season.
Careful someone will tell you it's only because finally the players have decided to listen to Ten Hag instructions 3 games before the end of the season.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
Booing and arguing with players around the game. Sad stuff.

Booing seemed to stop when talk was about the cup, which would be odd when it's the Newcastle fans?

sammyhol

1000%

We would never have been challenging regardless, the injuries have been terrible, his use of budget in summer was poorly judged….

But despite all of that, his complete unwillingness to play a different way has been what has cost us most this season.

Took him till the 3rd til last league of the season to try something different. And we look miles better for it. So infuriating.

predator

Youth NITK
Nah that was a good rallying cry. I've wanted him out for a good year now but I'm fully behind him until the FA cup final. If we win that then maybe my stance changes..

edgecutter

A win against another injury ravaged team shouldn't change the fact that he has been abysmal and wasted 450 million of the club's money.

saivet

A good effort of a speech from him, clearly not his forte though.

I'm assuming it was the Newcastle fans booing.