Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Bondi77

It is a shame because if he was prepared to push himself to his limits then with his skillset I think he could have been a big player for us but he is simply not prepared to run through walls for the club.
If he ends up in a less demanding league I am sure he will look good but let us not kid ourselves and then say how good he looks as he cannot do it in England.

krazyrobus

Him and Rashford are an example of giving these large contracts, we really need to stop giving them out unless someone has been world class consistently for 3 years on the bounce with us.

Mercurial

Him and Rashford are an example of giving these large contracts, we really need to stop giving them out unless someone has been world class consistently for 3 years on the bounce with us.
This is like 90% of our root issue. We need a transfer strategy where we abandon this Galactico pay for unproven talent policy.

big_jeffstar

From what Ten Hag is saying in press conferences. It sounds to me like he’s leaving the door open, but Sancho isn’t ready to walk through it, if all of this ends with him making up with Ten Hag and coming back into the squad it will have been an absolute joke on his part, you’re not bigger than the club mate, just man up and do your job..
having said that, I feel like this is just the latest in a long line of odd professionalism issues with him and it’s best to cut our losses and get someone in who can actually turn up on time

big_jeffstar

Man United sell him or find ways to sue him for breach of contract, gather enough evidence in court to prove it. Sancho will career will end with United, let's see if he get invited by big brand or party as a washup player. I can't believe that we have such a childish player on our hands. How it possibility that you kick around a football with juniors and yet earning millions of dollars.
Then you don’t understand most football players, my wife used to wait on championship/premiership teams when she worked in a hotel and said most of them literally act like naughty school children that have never been allowed to grow up, maybe that’s what happens when you spend your life playing a game as a career and surround yourself with people constantly telling you how great you are and then employ people to essentially be an adult for you.
A lot of them act like children, because that’s all they know.

Castia

Imagine what his family must think. Throwing away his career because he’s too busy playing FIFA and cant make training on time. The word embarrassing gets used a lot but what a fecking embarrassment.

Any half serious player would have squashed the disagreement with the manager within a week to get back playing, this prick is taking trips to NYC every other weekend.

Easily our worst ever signing It’s not even close

antsmithmk

Hates women.
The wage structure is broken. You are looking at a 5-6 year project to get the wages back in line with what most people think would be reasonable for players of that standard.
We can't attract the real top talent as it is. What we've done recently is give out massive contracts to players who are good but not great footballers.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Man United sell him or find ways to sue him for breach of contract, gather enough evidence in court to prove it. Sancho will career will end with United, let's see if he get invited by big brand or party as a washup player. I can't believe that we have such a childish player on our hands. How it possibility that you kick around a football with juniors and yet earning millions of dollars.
He has better chances suing you then you have suing him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
For Sancho, these standsrds are too high. Being highly professional, pushing and working hard, pro lifestyle, performing well constantly, he just does not have it in him. Hence he will not be back and most likely sold

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Imagine what his family must think. Throwing away his career because he’s too busy playing FIFA and cant make training on time. The word embarrassing gets used a lot but what a fecking embarrassment.

Any half serious player would have squashed the disagreement with the manager within a week to get back playing, this prick is taking trips to NYC every other weekend.

Easily our worst ever signing It’s not even close
What is a career?

It's a job that you do to earn money to feed yourself, clothe yourself etc etc, I'd say he's had a better career than any of us on the CAF given he "earns" more in a day than most of us do in a year

Pickle85

What is a career?

It's a job that you do to earn money to feed yourself, clothe yourself etc etc, I'd say he's had a better career than any of us on the CAF given he "earns" more in a day than most of us do in a year
I guess it depends what you value. I would say that high pay doesn't necessarily mean a successful career. Say you earn 500 million a year but are dead within two years from the stress, would you say that's a good career?

Castia

What is a career?

Oh come off it

Fecking shite argument for a professional that

PoTMS

The only negative of sacking Ten Hag is this waste of space will be back in the squad.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Sancho is the ultimate genius. He knows no decent club will touch him with a 10-foot poll because of his poor attitude so might as well enjoy the good wage and play Fifa whilst watching ETH make a clown out of himself by referring to “standards” when they aren’t any

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only negative of sacking Ten Hag is this waste of space will be back in the squad.
If he came in and performed to expectations most of you would forget all of this in no time.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
If he came in and performed to expectations most of you would forget all of this in no time.
What even are the expectations with him? He's been shite in the prem since he came here and shown nothing to suggest he should be starting anyway.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What even are the expectations with him? He's been shite in the prem since he came here and shown nothing to suggest he should be starting anyway.
Your expectations...

Lexicon Red Devil

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if Ten Hag had just started him over Antony as their respective preseasons warranted then we'd still be in the Champions League, Højlund would have at least 3 or 4 league goals already and we'd have a positive goal difference. He's still easily out most creative player after Bruno.

I am not defending Sancho's actions, but the decisions that led to the whole thing blowing up could have been avoided by giving the players an equal opportunity in the first place. Antony and Rashford starting every game despite Sancho having a decent preseason just sent cometely the wrong message. Ten Hag really needs to start picking players on merit, dropping players who are not performing is just as important as making players fight their way into the team.

Also the people who say he's never done anything in a United shirt are acting as if we're routinely beating Liverpool in the league and his goal last season was just par for the course.

Kinky Melinky

Then you don’t understand most football players, my wife used to wait on championship/premiership teams when she worked in a hotel and said most of them literally act like naughty school children that have never been allowed to grow up, maybe that’s what happens when you spend your life playing a game as a career and surround yourself with people constantly telling you how great you are and then employ people to essentially be an adult for you.
A lot of them act like children, because that’s all they know.
Nail on the head. It makes perfect sense so many footballers who have made it would be kids in the athletic bodies of grown men. We think of the humongous wages some footballers make, but scale it back to a 20 year old Hannibal who is earning £5k per week. The reality is that £5k a week is huge money. We forget how much money this is because the likes of Casimiro being on £350k per week just mentally consumes us. It almost normalizes those on £5k a week. But a 20 year old earning £5k per week is going to mentally develop in an entirely different way to your average Joe who is pulling in £400 per week at 20 for all of the reasons you correctly pointed out. The frontal cortex in men doesn't fully developed until 25 years of age, and is responsible for a whole host of important functions including social appropriateness. That's why life at this age is so important. If a young man's life is entirely altered due to what money can buy him, his developmental skills by the time he reaches 25 will have manifested an entirely different adult male to that of your average 25 year old who has had to learn how to be an adult. You essentially have 2 entirely different 25 year old men.

Tap

This might be an unpopular opinion, but if Ten Hag had just started him over Antony as their respective preseasons warranted then we'd still be in the Champions League, Højlund would have at least 3 or 4 league goals already and we'd have a positive goal difference. He's still easily out most creative player after Bruno.
Why are you so certain of these numbers? Preseason performances are not a reliable indicator.

Had Sancho played against Liverpool last Sunday, we would most likely have conceded goals with him backing out of challenges, losing the ball and not tracking back and strolling around.

frostbite

This is another reason the club should sack ETH asap.

Sancho will be back, and he will have something to prove, perhaps he will try harder than he did in the past. And Sancho certainly has more talent than Antony.

RuudtheRed

Sancho will be back, and he will have something to prove, perhaps he will try harder than he did in the past. And Sancho certainly has more talent than Antony.
I am almost certain Sancho will be rubbish as usual. Plus, it's a horrible message to send about the club culture if he gets back into the team.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

This is one reason why i dont want ETH to get sacked before Sancho is gone. We already have another underperforming primadonna in the making(Rashford) and do we really want to make an example of this?

Litch

As said elsewhere, depends where your moral compass is set.
For me, do you apologise for something you fundamentally believe is wrong said about you, in order to kick a football?

Denis79

I'll be honest, Sancho is the one and only reason I can think of why ETH should not be sacked. I don't want Sancho to outlast this manager. Petty I know...

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Ah yes; let’s just show another example that player power will still persist even in the ‘new’ regime. What actual change are you expecting from this bunch of spoilt divas?

If anything the club should be looking at ways to get fine Sancho’s pay to make him lower his wage demands so we can get a better offer.

The-Mezzala

Another player hyped up by the Fifa generation of fans. Is he talented yes. But guy was apparently late everyday for training , stayed up playing video games all night, showed zero application and dedication to his craft. What a sad waste of a player. Because 90 per cent of this forum would die to play for Man United and wish they had his ability. I hope the penny drops for him

Red_toad

His 300k a week hasn't been enough for him to prove a point for the last 3 years?
Imagine any fan wanting someone back in the team a player, who's been regularly late for training and not putting in the effort once he makes it there. Then when being disciplined for his actions, spits his dummy and heads to social media, then refuses to appolgise for his actions and takes yet another few months off, as he's above admitting he may have been in the wrong. Even given months off by the same manager to sort out 'issues' and that didn't work. Had the same issues at every other club he's been at.
What a waste of time and money he's been.

Eriku

For me, do you apologise for something you fundamentally believe is wrong said about you, in order to kick a football?
You reckon it’s Sancho’s morals rather than his ego getting in the way? :lol:

What ETH said was a subjective judgment, he felt others were keeping a consistently higher level at training. It’s idiotic to make a principled stand on that and put your football career on hold over it.

Also, knowing what’s been said about his professionalism at other clubs makes it even more ludicrous to back Sancho on this.

People who believe ETH should back down on this are (effectively) in favour of increased player power. Something we REALLY don’t need more of at this club.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Cool. How do we go about him saying the manager was scapegoating him then? Considering y'know, that's obviously not what ETH did...

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Sack the manager so that we can bring a player back in who doesn't seem to care? :lol:

The Bloody-Nine

Backing a turd like Sancho over the manager. Great idea.

Sancho should never play for the club again under any manager.

frostbite

Sack the manager so that we can bring a player back in who doesn't seem to care? :lol:
This manager has failed and he will be sacked. The only question is if he will be sacked soon, or we will wait another couple of months. I think the best for everyone is to sack him soon.

Litch

You reckon it’s Sancho’s morals rather than his ego getting in the way? :lol:

What ETH said was a subjective judgment, he felt others were keeping a consistently higher level at training. It’s idiotic to make a principled stand on that and put your football career on hold over it.

Also, knowing what’s been said about his professionalism at other clubs makes it even more ludicrous to back Sancho on this.

People who believe ETH should back down on this are (effectively) in favour of increased player power. Something we REALLY don’t need more of at this club.
No idea and depite the laughing face, you dont know either. If its 'subjective' rather than fact, that leaves it further open to criticism or challenge.

I think Sancho will have been advised about the implications of his actions, which makes me believe its not ego as the stakes are high. Also some of the developments with other players suggest he might not be wrong.

Im not one to subcribe whats happened at one club automatically means its the same here and the Varane alleged 'fall out' conversely offers a different view.

When people use language like 'back down' just feeds it. Dressing rooms are no different than many workplaces and if you act against an employee in a certain way, you best ensure that you are consistent. Anyone that thinks Sancho is the only one that turns up late or has shit training sessions, clearly is misinformed.

Im pretty sure if we won at Arsenal, EtH isnt talking about a player that wasnt even in the ground...it was an emotional response that triggered an emotional one back.....two things can be right but equally wrong.