Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

justsomebloke

If his name was Jose Mourinho and not ETH you'd have a bunch of apologists for Sancho here, claiming how the manager is toxic or what not.
Yeah, and that's because if his name was Jose Mourinho, he'd be doing this for the 17th time this season.

Dan_F

If his name was Jose Mourinho and not ETH you'd have a bunch of apologists for Sancho here, claiming how the manager is toxic or what not.
Well isn’t that part of the reason people aren’t blaming Ten Hag? He’s not got a history of creating shit with players for no reason. Maybe he felt like he’d tried everything possible previously, maybe he was annoyed by the result and shouldn’t have said anything. It doesn’t really change anything regarding Sancho’s level of performance on the pitch.

Ibrahimorich

Banter club. Even Chelsea with their billions down the drain are less of a laughing stock than us.
Nah, they LOST at home to Forest. Anyway, ship him out to Saudi asap. Barely contributed anything in his time here.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I wonder what would have happened if ETH instead saying something harmless would have kicked a boot at Sancho. Snowflake Sancho would probably sue him and afterwards claim it his biggest success at United.

parmenio

He’s been a very poor signing. Looks like he’s not willing to put the effort in to make it as a top player. He’s had enough chances. Sell him in January and move on. We need to buy a CH in Jan so he could fund it. Before he was signed you had folks on here wanting us to pay £200m for him was a sure fire can’t miss. Well guess what he’s missed. Damage limitation now.

Tibs

Time for Sancho to go...hopefully a Saudi team pick him up, if we can get £50m for him it will be incredible and allow us to hopefully get Toney in the Jan window

Revan

Assumptionman
People who want him sold in January, how in Earth are we supposed to do so? Even without his rebuttal to ETH, if we could have sold him, we would have sold him. I mean, we knew that he is quite bad. But he is in 350k/week and coat 70m so no one would touch him unless we sell him extremely cheap. So him striking at ETH yesterday changes nothing at all in this aspect.

Him, Antony and Mount (same as Martial but his contract is ending) are pretty much unsellable, regardless if they play shit or shit on ETH’s handbag.

Revan

Assumptionman
Back the manager !

Sir Alex Ferguson - "The minute a Manchester United player thought he was bigger than the manager, he had to go."

Sancho has been here two season had three different managers and they have all rated him the same. If you don't respect the manager then go simple as that.

I will put out this tweets here and won't comment more on Sancho.

Back the manager is the biggest nonsense ever said, and a large reason why Man United is a banter club.

But Sancho was shit anyway so it doesn’t matter what we do with him.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
People who want him sold in January, how in Earth are we supposed to do so? Even without his rebuttal to ETH, if we could have sold him, we would have sold him. I mean, we knew that he is quite bad. But he is in 350k/week and coat 70m so no one would touch him unless we sell him extremely cheap. So him striking at ETH yesterday changes nothing at all in this aspect.

Him, Antony and Mount (same as Martial but his contract is ending) are pretty much unsellable, regardless if they play shit or shit on ETH’s handbag.

Sell him to Saudi before January tbh, recoup whatever is possible

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Club needs to cut him loose either way. They need to find a solution, loan him like Chelsea did Lukaku, but he needs to go

Westerkerk

A good player, with a good history, a good record and a good return of assists and goals - all before he came to United. Looked out of sorts here from the beginning. I don't know if its us or him, but I can't see him ever kicking on with this club. Needs to be moved on.

RuudTom83

Yay! a new topic for everyone to moan about...Man Utd the club that keeps on giving.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

In what world are these two comparable to Sancho? Particularly Mount!

Sancho has arguably put in the least amount of effort than any player who's had regular game-time than I can recall. Bar a handful of games towards the start of last season, he's been utterly forgettable. He will likely go down as one of the worst signings in the club's history. Honestly, Sanchez had a bigger impact than this clown.

TSop

Supports
Altrincham
He’s been a very poor signing. Looks like he’s not willing to put the effort in to make it as a top player. He’s had enough chances. Sell him in January and move on. We need to buy a CH in Jan so he could fund it. Before he was signed you had folks on here wanting us to pay £200m for him was a sure fire can’t miss. Well guess what he’s missed. Damage limitation now.
You do realise he's on £350k per week. He will be here for another 3 1/2 years because nobody will pay him remotely anywhere near that figure.

Revan

Assumptionman
Club needs to cut him loose either way. They need to find a solution, loan him like Chelsea did Lukaku, but he needs to go
I actually think Sancho will outlast ETH at the club. They are both equally shit (I actually called ETH last season the Sancho of managers), but it is easier to fire a manager than sell a player with 3 year on a contract which is triple his worth.

Sancho is unsellable despite being ridiculously bad for someone we have already spent over 100m.

Revan

Assumptionman
In what world are these two comparable to Sancho? Particularly Mount!
In the world where they are paid far more than any other club would pay them and have another 3-5 years in their contract. So no club would be interested to buy them.

To sell someone, there must be a buyer. I do not see who buys those three players in those mammoth salaries even if we would like to sell them.

Huddsred

Is there any chance of us flogging him to the Saudis from now until Thursday? He's no scapegoat, he's had more than enough chances and fresh starts here but hasn't taken any of them. Now he's playing the victim and undermining the manager. Get rid.

justsomebloke

Banter club. Even Chelsea with their billions down the drain are less of a laughing stock than us.
What, with Chelsea losses to West Ham and Forest? Surely you are joking.

Losing away to Spurs and Arsenal aren't exactly shockers. Against Arsenal that's clearly the most probable result, for any team other than City. Against Spurs away, it's at least a very significant possibility.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
We've signed all the shit Dortmund talents and passed on all the good ones with a near 100 percent record.

Normally I'd say you can't get near that level of perfection without actually aiming for it, but we're Man Utd. Meme is our middle name :lol:
:lol: it would be even funnier if it wasn't true....

:(

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Back the manager !

Sir Alex Ferguson - "The minute a Manchester United player thought he was bigger than the manager, he had to go."

Sancho has been here two season had three different managers and they have all rated him the same. If you don't respect the manager then go simple as that.

I will put out this tweets here and won't comment more on Sancho.

That trust needs to be earnt. I very much doubt Fergie openly said this in 1988 or 89, but rather after winning multiple big trophies with United and being more or less unsackable.
Still, the club will rightly side with ETH here, really don’t know what Sancho is intending with this.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
In the world where they are paid far more than any other club would pay them and have another 3-5 years in their contract. So no club would be interested to buy them.

To sell someone, there must be a buyer. I do not see who buys those three players in those mammoth salaries even if we would like to sell them.
Why on earth would we be looking to sell a player who has played twice for us since singing a little over month ago, and another who is central to the manager's plans? Sancho is clearly surplus to requirements.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I could accept this, if ... Antony wasn't playing every week and stinking the place up.
Whatever you think of his performances, at least Antony runs his socks off for us every single match. Yesterday how many times did he sprint back to help out AWB and win the ball. Sancho can only dream of putting that much effort into a game.

Just for reference of what Ten Hag said.
My God, what a fecking drama queen Jadon is. Manager who has been beyond patient with you simply says you haven’t done enough in training this week and you respond like a fevking petulant child who doesn’t like being told he’s done wrong.

Absolutely shocking from another dogshit transfer who’s been shite for 2.5 years now.

Judas

Open to offers
It’s just hard to feel any sort of sympathy for Sancho when he constantly underwhelms, now to publicly moan? I hope decisive action is taken quickly.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Saudi have been collecting high-profile Muslim players like Pokemons and are much more willing to spend big on them.

As for Sancho, he's still young enough and English. Surely Chelsea would love him at a discounted price of £70m.

davidmichael

Let’s look at it from this point and that is that this is Sancho’s third season with us and he’s never looked like a Premier League player in terms of physicality, speed, desire or the pace of the game.

Last season ETH gave him months off to work on himself from a mental standpoint and maybe take Sancho out of the limelight and absolutely nothing has changed in Sancho’s performances with his training now also in question, ETH doesn’t strike me as the type to go full Jose and throw players under the bus.

For how poor Antony has been for the fee we paid for him his desire, physicality and ability to keep up with the pace of the game isn’t in question and much more him being a one trick pony due to his lack of real pace and being so one footed but despite that Sancho can’t displace him or fit into a role anywhere in the team.

Obviously I don’t know Sancho personally but he comes across as one of these modern day self entitled types that believes as long as he turns up on the pitch he’s done his job and is happy collecting his salary for minimal effort, celebrity first and top footballer a very distant second.

This is why I’d rather have hard working players that will fight to join United over highly talented players (a mix would be a dream though) that see us as a massive wage. It’s clear ETH is trying to change the squad mentality with players that WANT to come like Onana, Martinez, Mount, Antony and Hojlund with players that love the club like McTominay, Rashford, Garnacho and Fernandes.

We’re still stuck in that bubble that the parasites and that cnut Woodward put us in of ‘disneyland for adults’ where we’re seen as a massive wage for minimal effort and a CL place each year being seen as success and the sooner we’re clear that last lot of deadwood in Bailly, Maguire, Sancho and Martial the better as we can genuinely move on mentality wise.