g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I actually don't think what ETH said matters. If you want to give a response, you get plausible deniabilty by getting it out thru agent to journalists with an article saying sources close to Sancho feel he is hard done by etc. And then show it on the pitch.

Now by going public against the manager directly, he only has 2 options, public apology or raise your game so much to become undroppable. Neither of which are happening. So he will just collect his paycheck.
Exactly - the Rashford approach

Piabetic

The club did buy him to play on the right wing didn't they? I know he is versatile, but unless my memory fails me that's where Ole wanted him to play. Left wing is covered and he would have to settle for second fiddle to Antony and then there's Amad to consider at some point. Wages aside you would think he would be after a move unless he is falling into the trap of thinking he can outlast the manager and get a fresh start. Ten Hag doesn't seem like the kind of guy you want to be pulling this social media rubbish with if you want to start games.

DSG

Antony has at least been consistent at the level he’s at and offers workrate, the effort is there, even if he’s technically limited. Bin this Bloke now if we’re going to have his people talking shite in the media, it was bad enough when someone the level of Ronaldo did it, at least he’s achieved stuff in the game.
Both have been shite compared to expectations and price tag. Would rather see Garnacho on RW.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The timing of this is stupid. If ETH wanted rid of Sancho, then they should have done it by now. Criticising him in the media after the transfer deadline has finished is just ludicrous.
You're saying he can't criticise a player because the window has closed?
Makes zero sense
ETH is clearly looking for a reaction because his other approaches have failed

fallengt

The timing of this is stupid. If ETH wanted rid of Sancho, then they should have done it by now. Criticising him in the media after the transfer deadline has finished is just ludicrous.
Not his fault that club can't sell players.
Did ETH want Maguire to stay? No but here Maguire is, this time with his friend, Evans from Leicester.

Name Changed

weso26
You're saying he can't criticise a player because the window has closed?
Makes zero sense
ETH is clearly looking for a reaction because his other approaches have failed
I think he clearly doesn't rate him, so if he doesn't then try and sell when the market is open. That's what I'm saying.

clarkydaz

Wasnt there rumours of a chelsea move recently? Thats likely what the tension is, ETH is ready to let him go with the other deadwood and Sancho knows it

Judas

Open to offers
Wasnt there rumours of a chelsea move recently? Thats likely what the tension is, ETH is ready to let him go with the other deadwood and Sancho knows it
There was a lot of talk about a last minute “shocking Chelsea signing” that didn’t materialize and Sancho fits bill, and I’ve seen more muttering about it today. It would have been a good move for both parties probably, seeing as Chelsea would have tossed plenty of money our way.

acid_fuji

I think he clearly doesn't rate him, so if he doesn't then try and sell when the market is open. That's what I'm saying.
How do you know if he didn’t try though? Somehow I don’t think there is a line of clubs wanting Sancho.

Rake

Sancho would flop at Chelsea too.
Probably, but at least he won't our problem to deal with. The Sancho hype is gone and I can't see any club offering him 200k let alone what we are paying him Maybe the Saudis could sign him (fingers crossed).

We can only speculate if this is a training or disciplinary issue. Sancho said that he trained "very well" while Eth says he was shit and left him out of the squad. This is such a massive galaxy of difference that one of the two must be mental. It is hard to take Sancho's side in this since he thinks he has been "scapegoated" which is absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

This Joe cat that makes videos with Rio said that there are strong rumors around Manchester what has happened and it is Sancho related, although he did not elaborate further.

RuudTom83

EtH rightly or wrongly has been honest with the media about Garnacho, Rashford and Ronaldo in the past. So it's not a surprise he answered the question about why Sancho wasn't in the squad.

But I don't believe the motive behind the managers comments are anything other than wanting Sancho to focus and work harder. Simple.

the_cliff

Probably, but at least he won't our problem to deal with. The Sancho hype is gone and I can't see any club offering him 200k let alone what we are paying him Maybe the Saudis could sign him (fingers crossed).

We can only speculate if this is a training or disciplinary issue. Sancho said that he trained "very well" while Eth says he was shit and left him out of the squad. This is such a massive galaxy of difference that one of the two must be mental. It is hard to take Sancho's side in this since he thinks he has been "scapegoated" which is absolutely ridiculous thing to say.

This Joe cat that makes videos with Rio said that there are strong rumors around Manchester what has happened and it is Sancho related, although he did not elaborate further.
If you watched his brief app against Wolves I think there's a video 2 pages back, I can bet anything it's down to his ability to not give a feck.

bosskeano

terminate his contract for insubordination or whatever you call it in england

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
terminate his contract for insubordination or whatever you call it in england
His contract is still up for another 3 years isn't it? If we could cancel it we might be able to save up 55m in wages, which isn't all bad.

Cassidy

Pretty sure he did and will. Whilst hes an available player he will still try and effect him for the better because he may have to rely on him.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
This is being blown way out of proportion.

All ETH said is that Sancho wasn't as good in training as others - which alot of managers take into account when picking the squad.

I don't see the big deal at all.
No different to saying "I picked my players based on form", for example.

Judas

Open to offers
All summer Sancho’s name popped up on lists in the media of players the club were happy to see go, so this weird pretending that he wasn’t certainly earmarked as someone who could leave seems a bit silly.

Lee565

He's another kai havertz, looked great in the Bundesliga but underwhelming in the epl with the odd good game here and there

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The club did buy him to play on the right wing didn't they? I know he is versatile, but unless my memory fails me that's where Ole wanted him to play.
Most people thought so, at least, I don't remember if Ole explicitly said so.

From a fan perspective, I suppose the general idea was that he was versatile and would improve us significantly either way (he may have preferred the left, and he was statistically more effective there for Dortmund, but he was still a vast improvement for us on the right - and he had played plenty there for Dortmund too).

Cassidy

Most people thought so, at least, I don't remember if Ole explicitly said so.

From a fan perspective, I suppose the general idea was that he was versatile and would improve us significantly either way (he may have preferred the left, and he was statistically more effective there for Dortmund, but he was still a vast improvement for us on the right - and he had played plenty there for Dortmund too).
Ole the fool decided to move Rashford to the RW to accommodate Sancho Start of the problem.

Sancho should have been the one conforming to the squad.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Yeah sure, pay him 52 million and lose him in a free. Seems like the sensible thing to do.
And this is why we are shit. Always money standing in the way of obvious decisions.

How about:
1. Do not fecking recruit players who have had well-documented behavioral problems in other clubs.
2. Do not pay an unproven youngster an insane £350K/week just because he had a decent spell at Dortmund. Don't be so fecking desperate and have options on who to sign
3. Considering the amount of bad behavior from our players, maybe include some protective release and termination clauses in their contracts so we are not stuck with assholes we cannot get rid of?

And most importantly - do not recruit self-obsessed assholes

It is obvious that Sir Alex, Pep, Arteta, Klopp would never have to see a player in their dressing room if any of their players dared to pull shit like this - attacking the manager and a teammate. Sir Alex got rid of Roy Keane for less, a highly decorated captain of the club, possibly best captain we ever had. What has Sancho ever done for us in comparision?

Feck Glazers

Revan

Assumptionman
And this is why we are shit. Always money standing in the way of obvious decisions.

How about:
1. Do not fecking recruit players who have had well-documented behavioral problems in other clubs.
2. Do not pay an unproven youngster an insane £350K/week just because he had a decent spell at Dortmund. Don't be so fecking desperate and have options on who to sign
3. Considering the amount of bad behavior from our players, maybe include some protective release and termination clauses in their contracts so we are not stuck with assholes we cannot get rid of?

And most importantly - do not recruit self-obsessed assholes

It is obvious that Sir Alex, Pep, Arteta, Klopp would never have to see a player in their dressing room if any of their players dared to pull shit like this - attacking the manager and a teammate. Sir Alex got rid of Roy Keane for less, a highly decorated captain of the club, possibly best captain we ever had. What has Sancho ever done for us in comparision?

Feck Glazers
I agree about our recruitment being shit.

ten Hag is not Sir Alex, Pep or Klopp, he shouldn't have the goodwill they have/had, neither the power they have/had. Arteta played a player for more than a year after he threw the armband in the floor during a match. Sir Alex played a player who refused to travel with the squad cause he was benched.

Clashes between players and the managers happen all the time. ten Hag fecked up badly by going in public, Sancho then did it even worse by that tweet.

Saying that, I think the problem with Sancho is that he is just not that good, not that he tweeted yesterday.

--------

The Sancho-Keane comparison is true, but so is Sir Alex - ten Hag. Sir Alex won a dozen of big trophies and made us the biggest club in the UK, ten Hag has won the mighty League Cup. So obviously, he should not have the power that Sir Alex had.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I just cant see any way back for Sancho. It will weaken ETH position considerably. Club need to back the manager or risk another wave of rotten squad members.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Ten Hag has media responsibilities, he answered the question honestly after a year of covering for Sancho's lackluster performances and terrible attitude, he could have thrown him under the bus last year when there were serious speculation during that three month break, yet didn't.

If a player responds to a managers answer to a question by releasing a statement then he needs to go immediately.

If the man baby can't understand that he's been well below par for two years and had a serious amount of grace from the fans particularly off the back of Ten Hags reluctance to say why he went on a 3 month sabbatical last year then he needs a wake up call, hopefully he can be sold as soon as possible.

On another note, we need to go back to the days where we assessed a players character and attitude, for the past decade we've just assembled a bunch of weak willed mercenaries who think they're way better than they are.

Polar

Managers under heavy pressure tend to say stupid thing about their own players and indirectly blame them for the situation.

Sancho was called up to the England senior squad when he was 18 and since then had 23apps. Today he is a shadow of himself. Off course Sancho also is to blame, but I think it’s very strange United isn’t able to solve the situation and build him up; make him the best version of himself. ETH obviously has a lot to learn about man-management.

I guess ETH don’t want to sell him , because it will be pretty embarrassing if Pep, Klopp or Poch makes Sancho great again :lol:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
All ETH said is that Sancho wasn't as good in training as others - which alot of managers take into account when picking the squad.
More or less.

The only possible criticism one can direct at ETH here is that he might/should have predicted the player's response to his comment. By which I mean: it never benefits United to give journos something to write about. Better to keep any conflict behind closed doors.

But this obviously depends on certain factors, details we aren't privy to.

Without knowing any such details, it's a perfectly fine comment. ETH has not been shy about calling out players who weren't quite up to standard before - and that has worked out well for him, actually, as in: the players have responded well/professionally to this (Rashford being an obvious example).

fallengt

Managers under heavy pressure tend to say stupid thing about their own players and indirectly blame them for the situation.

Sancho was called up to the England senior squad when he was 18 and since then had 23apps. Today he is a shadow of himself. Off course Sancho also is to blame, but I think it’s very strange United isn’t able to solve the situation and build him up; make him the best version of himself. ETH obviously has a lot to learn about man-management.

I guess ETH don’t want to sell him , because it will be pretty embarrassing if Pep, Klopp or Poch makes Sancho great again :lol:
Strange way to put it.
Fergie would send player to the airport on the next day if they dared to make posts like these on social media. There would be few exception if they weree Ronaldo, Rooney etc.. but Sancho would not be it
Also no, Pep didn't rate Sancho. He always dislike lazy player with an attitude

Superunknown

Paul Parker saying Sancho should be worried about the dressing room. People won't want to get too close to him now as he's a problem and they wouldn't want to be associated with him.

Add to that his camp mentioning Antony and double standards, he's just gone and burned down his United career. If we can get rid without having to subsidise his wages he'll have done us a favour, much like Ronnie last year.
The silly thing is that Sancho hasn't really built up enough credit or esteem since being at the club, so his words hardly have any weight, if any at all. This is the most Sancho has probably been talked about in years, and he didn't even make it onto the bench. If that doesn't give one an indication that his career is in the shitter, then nothing will.

This is easy for Ten Hag. He can make an example of Sancho without any real consequences. Sancho is that unimportant to how we play and he offers so little on the pitch, that we can afford to freeze him out without it affecting performances. The only real issue with Sancho is the stupid contract and enormous wages he's on. He's getting paid everything to do feck all.

GreatDane

Lazy, spoiled and overpaid. We sure know how to pick 'em.
Hope he's sold as fast as possible the ungrateful sod.

greater wall

This is being blown way out of proportion.

I don't see the big deal at all.
No different to saying "I picked my players based on form", for example.
As much as I would love to agree, I think it was deliberately provocative. He went on to add that the required standard needs to be met daily. He wants a reaction from Sancho but not on twitter. He wants him to prove it on the pitch. I don't think that Sancho has the big mentality. He looks to have a laid back mellow personality. Ten Hag wants warrior mentality like Martinez in his teams. Even Antony who works like crazy tracking back.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama

Pep already binned him with zero hesitation

bosskeano

His contract is still up for another 3 years isn't it? If we could cancel it we might be able to save up 55m in wages, which isn't all bad.
Yeah sure, pay him 52 million and lose him in a free. Seems like the sensible thing to do.
you wouldn't have to pay him shit if you could terminate it for breach of contract....would clearly save us in wages and he's not offered fuk all on the pitch since his arrival