Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Martial

This guy is a clown. He has given us fewer decent performances than fecking Daniel James.

york_cole_99

Shocking news just in as footballer who plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world doesn't like scrutiny. Sources say he would prefer it if everyone stopped talking about him and his performances, especially his boss, so he could collect his £350k a week in peace.
That's exactly what he wants. Zero scrutiny whilst being one of the highest paid footballers in world. It's wild.

There is zero chance he improves if he doesn't take accountability. It's embarrassing

The Ferociousness

The squad that ten Hag inherited was one in disarray following a disastrous season, a team with no heart. ten Hag got most of the team pulling in the same direction, and that is an achievement.
We heard the same thing about Ole who inherited a squad that was demoralised from the Mourinho era. Remember the honeymoon period of how much Ole was praised for lifting the spirits of the players and how much more freedom the players were given to express themselves? Both ole and ten hag took on a struggling side. United were statistically having the worst season before ten hag but the players were largely the same and ten hag got to add in casemiro and others to fix that squad. There was only going to be an upward trajectory, the question was always going to be how high

Also, the team we beat to the Carabao cup is Newcastle, a team that finished 4th in the league, not some Championship team.
Newcastle were battling relegation the season before last. That fact they finished 4th shows what an incredible Job Eddie Howe achieved, if anything and I don't see newcastle fans creating a **** around him

And while we like to think that the Carabao cup is a mickey mouse cup, winning it last season was significant, because this is a team that hasn't won anything in a long time, and it was an important start. It shouldn't be where we stop winning, and we're right not to parade that around, but I won't downplay its significance.
I have no problem celebrating it, but it's clearly gone to the fans, players and manager's head. ETH is now described as a genius, the best ever manager since Fergie they say who dare not be questioned for simply finishing in the top 4 and winning the most irrelevant domestic cup trophy which in my opinion is the bare minimum of what should be achieved at the club of our stature

Sir Alex Ferguson and van Nistelrooy were definitely not on good terms until the latter called the boss to apologize.

The difference is SAF didn't publicly disclose all the problems he had with ruud while those things were happening during his time at the club. He simply sold him. Another example is Paul Scholes who refused to play against Arsenal in the League Cup, as he was unhappy for being substituted in the previous game against Liverpool. Many fans don't even know about because SAF was wise enough to keep it in house and discipline internally. He did not tell the media that scholes refused to play and will not feature as a result as he knew they would only blow things up between himself, the player and the club. If SAF did a Ten Hag, you would've scholes again

Ralf Rangnick pulled a similar stunt to ten hag when he told the media that martial refused to play, when it was a miscommunication between the medical staff in not disclosing to him that martial was carrying a knock and Martial had to come out to refute the claims that he outright refused to play for Manchester United. We know how that story ended, as Ralf eventually lost the dressing room and results ended up nose diving. There is no benefit whatsoever in Ten hag telling the whole world that he left out sancho due to not being happy with his training levels, immediately after we lost to Arsenal. It's pure ego and deflection

"Nepotism is an even narrower form of favoritism. Coming from the Italian word for nephew, it covers favoritism to members of the family." (Source)
Nepotism definition; The practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives, friends, or associates, especially by giving them jobs.

Fans fall for it? Fans could not care less about Sancho's introversion or extraversion. What fans are annoyed by is his decision to fight the manager harder on social media than he ever has for our badge, because his performances have not been up to par over four different managers at United, and that his former managers (Pep, Favre, and Southgate) have all had issues with his attitude on/off the pitch. Are those hit pieces? Perhaps, but they are documented incidents that show a precedence of Sancho's behaviour.
Sancho is now getting a shit load of abuse on social media and this was before he even put out his statement as a result of Ten Hag's revelation about him not being happy with his training levels. No matter which way you look at it, eth has stoked the fire, until now there wasn't much negative scrutiny on sancho, many in fact gave him praise for his efforts in pre season and wanted to see him be given a run ahead of Antony who's performances have been hot and cold. Now the pitchforks are all out on Sancho and every I've seen people are saying Sancho is the problem and needs to go ignoring the fact we've lost and ignoring the fact we have a 100 million winger who is now under investigation and he is receiving more support from our own fans than Sancho which is crazy

The only way Sancho wins in this is to perform so well that ten Hag cannot afford to drop him. If that happens to be the case, I'd say ten Hag succeeded in getting a response out of him with this management move, wouldn't you?
Well the club has already leaked information that Ten hag is ready to come down hard on Jadon Sancho, so I think at this point his united career is over all because the manager couldn't help himself in trying to show off on how much of a big boss he is in a post presser

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The fact that he came out with that laughable statement after the support the club have extended to him, says a lot about his mentality. First the club stubbornly chased him when Dortmund were playing hardball and then despite his poor performances, it allowed him to leave and work on his issues in the middle of the actual season. I used to wonder why someone who is so incredibly talented seems unable to improve his physicality as it’s the only thing holding him back. But it seems obvious that the real weakness is between the ears and that we’ve managed to sigh yet another bad egg on big fees and wages.

Hope the SA rumours are true and we get a good offer for him. Another one whose talents I was an admirer of but hasn’t got the ethic or mentality for this level.

The Ferociousness

No we dont. Why should we listen to that narcissist? You Ronaldo fanboys are really something.
I can't believe you even asked that question. A man who has won several CL titles, Prem titles, won leagues titles across Europe in seria A, epl and la liga. played under Zidane Ancelotti, Sir Alex Ferguson broken records upon records both domestically and internationally and you think you should ignore what this man has to say but we should blindly eat and feed from the hand of a manager who has only managed in the dutch league where steve mclaren won the league title in his first season with FC twente? . Do me a favour

Jesus Christ, this fanbase is lost. I'm not a ronaldo fan boy but he he reached heights ETH never achieved as a player. Read my posts above I've gone into great detail on how eth mismanaged Ronaldo, DDG and now using sancho as a scapegoat to deflect away from the fact that eth comes up short every time we play a top 9 team away from home

ETH is making a rod off his own back by throwing players under the bus. Sancho is being targeted. If eth doesn't talk about sancho the scrutiny will be on eth for his tactics and his poor away form against the big teams. You need to realise eth is feeling the pressure and is deflecting on to players who he feels are disposable. Sancho is being scapegoated to deflect away fromthe fact how poor antony has been and how ETH is struggling in his 2nd season

Mark my wordst the chickens are coming home to roost real soon and real fast. The club is in a mess due to many of the miscalculated decisions eth has made

sepulturite

Why should any winger be interested when our stupid manager only picks his fav players even though they play shit every weekend.
Jesus give it a rest, your constant piling on the manager is getting seriously tedious now, such an obvious agenda against him.

flameinthesun

Doesn't have the mentality or ability to be a united player. Hopefully we can sell him in the winter window, although I imagine we will end up habing to contribute to his wages as I doubt any team in for him will match his wages.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I'm just no sure he wants to be a professional footballer.
I think he needs to decide what he really wants to do with his life and either knuckle down and find the motivation to improve his game and professionalism or take the considerable money he's made from his career so far and sail off into the sunset and follow his true vocation.

sugar_kane

Well the club has already leaked information that Ten hag is ready to come down hard on Jadon Sancho, so I think at this point his united career is over all because the manager couldn't help himself in trying to show off on how much of a big boss he is in a post presser
This is such biased deranged nonsense I find it hard to believe these opinions can be real. Do you work for Sancho’s PR team?

His career at United is over cos he’s shite and hasn’t applied himself for over two seasons despite now beint our top earner.

Ten Hag wasn’t playing big boss what he was saying was fairly uninteresting but it clearly touched a nerve with Sancho, because Sancho knows he’s right.

Kellyiom

Doesn't have the mentality or ability to be a united player. Hopefully we can sell him in the winter window, although I imagine we will end up habing to contribute to his wages as I doubt any team in for him will match his wages.
It's such a mess. I recalled being actually quite impressed with how they communicated the unusual training camp in the Netherlands. EtH in my opinion presented it along the lines of 'to be an elite footballer you need to train holistically, both physically and mentally' and didn't go any further and really just downplayed it.
When Sancho came back, I think when he subbed him off in the first match he looked supportive and positive to me anyway, looks can be deceiving but that's how it appeared.
Likewise with the latest incident, I don't feel this qualifies as 'washing your laundry in public'.
Like many of you have said, that applies for all those players ; those on the bench are just not quite needed to start, those not on the bench have come up short.
Ideally in this situation I would want the player to have a quick word and ask why they're out and what he can recommend to regain his place. No drama, it's one week which is disappointing but there's a whole week to refocus and demonstrate to the boss you can do it and you're going to give him a selection headache.

EtH didn't look like he was struggling to find the right words, seemed quite matter-of-fact and I suspect they will have been not on the same page for a while.

I've made no secret that I have bipolar disorder and it can be hellish to manage when you have a high paid, high pressure job. Obviously my income wasn't like Jadon's haha but it was large and it ultimately made me quit investment banking and go back to uni which has been just a great thing for me and I'm so grateful.

The reason I'm saying this is I was told that people perceived me as rude. And I was amazed, it would have been the last thing I'd guess.

I had the horrendous sleep patterns so back then my clock had to be reset by meds, I didn't put weight on, but I know a lot of people do, psychiatric medicine doesn't leave you full of energy either.

All of those things are being reported and I feel Sancho has bad advisors with that tweet but I'd really recommend that if you're faced with a choice of getting fit, healthy and happy or playing football with millions in the bank, please just take the first option, life's too short, corny I know, but I know it to be true.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Judas

Open to offers
How Utd fans can side with players who have taken the piss by showing so little after all the faith they've received in return. I'm sure if we'd started the season better you'd have less people siding with him, but football fans are so often thick and fickle.

Rake

Apologies if posted already, but just watched the below video that outlines some of the problems he had throughout the years.

Kellyiom

I'm just no sure he wants to be a professional footballer.
I think he needs to decide what he really wants to do with his life and either knuckle down and find the motivation to improve his game and professionalism or take the considerable money he's made from his career so far and sail off into the sunset and follow his true vocation.
Yeah, like @Judas says above, time to go. It's one thing for a manager to lose the changing room but a player?!

Fergies Gum

How Utd fans can side with players who have taken the piss by showing so little after all the faith they've received in return. I'm sure if we'd started the season better you'd have less people siding with him, but football fans are so often thick and fickle.
Vast majority of the UK fan base support Ten Hag here. I would go as far to say that 90%+ of the match going fans are ashamed at the way Sancho has behaved and are backing the manager all the way.

Cloud7

Sancho and piano playing Sánchez - players who lack mental resilience and fortitude
Unfair on Sanchez, and this is coming from someone who thinks of him as our worst ever signing. He was physically done by the time we signed him, but he never lacked mental fortitude. He was the best player at Arsenal for years and one of the best players in our league, and he was always capable of driving teams forward. Even when he was here, he never lacked effort or trying, like Jadoff, his body just wasn't up to it anymore.

Sancho will very soon take up the mantle of our worst ever signing in my opinion. Chasing him for two summers, the massive transfer fee, the huge wages, the expectation, what he actually ended up being (Even Sanchez scored in the 3-2 comeback win against city FFS), his mid season vacation and then culminating in falling out with the manager.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Apologies if posted already, but just watched the below video that outlines some of the problems he had throughout the years.

Usually not a fan of those long form videos but that is very good. Depressing as hell though. I’d almost forgotten how exciting the front four of Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho seemed at the time. Then Ronaldo was parachuted in and it all went downhill from there. And now look where we are :(

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Usually not a fan of those long form videos but that is very good. Depressing as hell though. I’d almost forgotten how exciting the front four of Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho seemed at the time. Then Ronaldo was parachuted in and it all went downhill from there. And now look where we are :(
Yes, very depressing

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Badly advised by his people, the statement has backfired and PR is totally not on his side here

TsuWave

Sancho and piano playing Sánchez - players who lack mental resilience and fortitude
You guys just say anything. Sanchez had an amazing career. United has just been a shit club for way too long. You can’t keep seeing promising and established careers faltering/meeting an abrupt end here and keep going “the players lacked mental fortitude”

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
The club is pushing him away. The sustained media pressure from United side has been visible.

evil_geko

Ronaldo's baby daughter was ill in the hospital during pre season which Ronaldo was in distress attending to every day and this was just three months after his newborn son had passed. Ten Hag treated him like a piece of meat who had to prove himself when he returned, and apparently didn't even believe Ronaldo. He was humiliated

Ronaldo felt the only way to let people know how he was being mistreated was to speak out. And he exposed so many issues within the club which we are still reeling from to this day. Namely, the infrastructure, ten hag's tactics which Ronaldo had reservations about and the questionable training he was putting the players through. Ever wonder why our players are unfit and picking up so many injuries?

Listen to what Ronaldo said. This man played under peak Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelloti and never had these type of issues with them until he crossed paths with Ten hag, who has now treated players like De Gea, Sancho and Ronaldo like cattle. When Ronaldo speaks, you listen.

Open your eyes There's a common denominator here and it ain't f-king Christiano Ronaldo. Ten hag destroyed his career and he's now on his way to destroying both sancho and pellestri's career due to nepotism and having favourites. Don't be surprised when the rest of the players get fed up and then when Brighton run us over and you see an array of players not bothering to bust a gut to track back for the manager. You will know why

If Ten Hag wants to remedy this before things spiral out of control, he will get a sense of himself and be on the phone to sancho explaining why he felt the need to publicly oust him after we got beat by Arsenal
Train wreck of a post. :houllier:

the_cliff

I feel for Sancho. He seems like a shy person with a good heart. I've seen some clips of him with fans outside Carrington and he seems a genuine down to earth guy. In terms of technical ability he has everything to make it at this club, in terms of fitness and dealing with the pace of the premier league I'm not so sure.

I think he needs to go to the Bundesliga or La Liga where the pace of the game will suit him and he'll do well.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I feel for Sancho. He seems like a shy person with a good heart. I've seen some clips of him with fans outside Carrington and he seems a genuine down to earth guy. In terms of technical ability he has everything to make it at this club, in terms of fitness and dealing with the pace of the premier league I'm not so sure.

I think he needs to go to the Bundesliga or La Liga where the pace of the game will suit him and he'll do well.
Not just pace and fitness - he seems to lack the mentality and attitude/drive to make it at the very top clubs where the pressure is immense. He needs to possibly go to one of those leagues (maybe Serie A as an option as well) and play for a club with less pressure.

Crimson King

I can't believe you even asked that question. A man who has won several CL titles, Prem titles, won leagues titles across Europe in seria A, epl and la liga. played under Zidane Ancelotti, Sir Alex Ferguson broken records upon records both domestically and internationally and you think you should ignore what this man has to say but we should blindly eat and feed from the hand of a manager who has only managed in the dutch league where steve mclaren won the league title in his first season with FC twente? . Do me a favour

Jesus Christ, this fanbase is lost. I'm not a ronaldo fan boy but he he reached heights ETH never achieved as a player. Read my posts above I've gone into great detail on how eth mismanaged Ronaldo, DDG and now using sancho as a scapegoat to deflect away from the fact that eth comes up short every time we play a top 9 team away from home

ETH is making a rod off his own back by throwing players under the bus. Sancho is being targeted. If eth doesn't talk about sancho the scrutiny will be on eth for his tactics and his poor away form against the big teams. You need to realise eth is feeling the pressure and is deflecting on to players who he feels are disposable. Sancho is being scapegoated to deflect away fromthe fact how poor antony has been and how ETH is struggling in his 2nd season

Mark my wordst the chickens are coming home to roost real soon and real fast. The club is in a mess due to many of the miscalculated decisions eth has made
Can't believe you actually had the nerve to come back to this place.

tomaldinho1

This guy is a clown. He has given us fewer decent performances than fecking Daniel James.
Genuinely. That first run of games where James looked electric is beyond anything Sancho has achieved here. You’d have been called mad as a hatter if you’d have predicted that when he joined us.

tomaldinho1

A legitimately delusional poster, brilliant.

the_cliff

Not just pace and fitness - he seems to lack the mentality and attitude/drive to make it at the very top clubs where the pressure is immense. He needs to possibly go to one of those leagues (maybe Serie A as an option as well) and play for a club with less pressure.
Yeah agreed, I didn't want to comment on his mentality and attitude due to not really knowing what's going on in terms of his mental health. In terms of pure physical ability I don't believe he's suited to the prem regardless.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

:lol: amazing

RuudTom83

Statement still pinned to this twitter/X page 5 days on.

If he wanted to fight for his place and win back the trust of the manager, he should take that stupid bloody post down.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
If Sancho finally wants to leave the club now due to this press conference, it is probably the best thing Ten Hag could have done for him and his career.

justsomebloke

You guys just say anything. Sanchez had an amazing career. United has just been a shit club for way too long. You can’t keep seeing promising and established careers faltering/meeting an abrupt end here and keep going “the players lacked mental fortitude”
Sorry, but no. Sanchez was awful for United. That's on him.

JuriM

Despite not being maybe as sharp as he was in Barcelona and his first Arsenal seasons, he did well at Inter & Marseille and is now back at Inter. He failed big time at United and that's only on his own merit to regret.

Eddy_JukeZ

Sanchez having an amazing career is irrelevant to his performances at United.

He was terrible here. Similar to Schweinsteiger. Both were awful transfers for us, because we signed 2 players clearly on the wane.

What they amounted to post-United pretty much confirms they were a busted fish here.

Baneofthegame

Hadn’t seen the video, sums it up nicely.

Don’t really see how he comes back from this is he seems mentally fragile as it is.