Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If I were the manager, I wouldn't even put him on the bench. Not until he apologize and show it in training that he deserve to be back. Both need to happen, and it's not an option.

It may hurt in the short term, whatnot with Antony's situation and our need for RW, but EtH needs to set precedence.

Parma Dewol

Given the amount of support he has already had, it’s about time Sancho cut the crap and started doing his talking on the pitch.

He’d go up in my esteem if he bagged a couple of goals and wagged his finger at ETH. But to start mouthing off when you’re contributing hardly anything is unacceptable.

Had too many players in recent years who think they’ve already made it and have nothing more to prove. No patience for it anymore. Either put up or shut up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Antony give 10 times more defensive effort on his bad days than Sancho does on his good. Unless Sancho learns to work at both ends of the pitch he cannot be expected to start ahead of anyone.
At least he gives a fecking sh*t on the pitch. Would play him every day of the weak rather then a half harsed drama queen .
To each his own. They're both crap in their own way

redmanx

To you and all the other individuals that keep saying "Ferguson would have kept this private" this is incorrect... (source):

On Ronaldo:
" "It's hard when a player who wants to entertain doesn't get everything his own way,” Ferguson explained. “But you can't get everything your own way.” "

On Wayne Rooney:
"I think Wayne is the type of player who has to play on the edge in a game really," Ferguson told MUTV. “When it's a really close and competitive game. When it gets to that casual bit, he's worse than the rest of them. He gets so casual about it.”

On Smalling:
"If you lose a goal at a set-piece you only have yourself to blame at this level," Ferguson said.

On Nani:
"We were playing really good football at that point and all we needed to do was see the game out by keeping possession. "But Nani decided to try and beat a player, lost the ball and they got a penalty kick against us.”

It really is a not a big issue. A player voicing discontent. A manager voicing discontent. People have disagreements. Move on already.
None of this can count as public dressing downs, theyre just SAF talking; in no instance has he berated a player or castigated him publicly.

redmanx

No, SAF would have verbally flayed him in front of the squad for putting no effort in, and Sancho would have briefed it to the press that he was getting scapegoated and bullied. Then he would have been excommunicated from the squad and shipped out at the nearest opportunity.

Sancho is the one who blew this up, not ETH.
Im not blaming ETH, Sancho needs to grow up.

Plastic Evra

None of this can count as public dressing downs, theyre just SAF talking; in no instance has he berated a player or castigated him publicly.
Can't they ? I'm a little confused here. Most of those seems public statements on wake of games, certainly on par with a couple of sentences at a presser ?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Sancho needs to just apologise both privately and publically -- then keep his feckin' head down and work as hard as possible to get back into the manager's and club's good graces.

He's way too entitled; a sense of victimisation after all the manager/club has done for him last season, defending him and allowing him to have 3 months off to fix himself. And this is the thanks he gets?

Another case of too much too young.

samlee86

Two very underwhelming years from Sancho. And to think people on here wanted us to pay £108m to Dortmond for him back in 2019.

Im sure a Saudi team would take him. Didnt Gerrard want Greenwood. Sancho would be one of the best players in that league and double the wages he’s on at United.

We’re due a sale to Saudi. Murtogh and Arnold need to get on the first plane to Riyadh

Oscar Bonavena

As Tina Turner once said, "I don't care who's wrong or right", but if this spat hastens the departure of Sancho from the club then it's the sliver lining.

Unfortunate it didn't happen a few weeks previously and we could've sold him in the transfer window. Plus we'll probably get a much lower transfer fee for him, even from Saudis, because they'll know we're desperate to offload him.

mariko48

ETH is right. Sancho has been given a ton of chances to prove himself but he's done feck all on the pitch. Can't dribble can't run can't pass can't shoot. I'd say sell him in January and bring Mitoma in.

illotr

Wondering how things would go if SAF vs Beckham happens in this era

lex talionis

It’s a safe bet Erik and Jadon have conferred by now, the details of which we will never be privy. With Antony in a troubled place right now it will be interesting to see whether the manager goes with Jadon or Facundo.

foolsgold

Pellestri and Amad deserve to be selected before Sancho.
We’ll need him to play RW if Antony gets suspended. Who knows it could be his making if he’s given a consistent run in the team.
I'd play whomever from Pellestri or him that is in form and shining in training. Giving him an entirely undeserved run in the team just because everyone else is hurt or under police investigation isn't going to motivate him to raise his game. He needs to work his ass off, be humble to coaches and his team mates.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Ten Hag protected him when he was struggling with mental health and didnt even asked him to play even when the squad needed it. He needs to realize this and cant seriously be expecting his boss to always coddle him when he keeps putting bad attitude and training sessions.

TheRedHearted

The manager wouldn’t randomly drop him for no reason then publicly announce it he must be furious

Sancho has been publicly called out and he’s shit his pants and responded

‘I’ve trained well!!! Honest!’…..right Jadon so why did we have 2 keepers on the bench rather than picking you in the squad?

fecking waster probably playing warzone with Lingard all night
Hey, let’s knock Warzone. Solid game

chocolate cloud

would be great to sell him so Pellistri or Amad can play more often. Sancho does nothing. He's such a bad buy for 73 million and 350k wages per week. get rid please this week.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
You think it could be a possible test?
Possibly, yes.

ETH has "called out" players before in a similar fashion.

I mean, he obviously doesn't communicate with his players via the media: he will have made it clear to Sancho what he expects from him.

But when the player fails to meet the standard in one way or another, sure - I don't think it's outlandish to speculate that he (ETH) might use a post-match interview to test the response: work harder, prove yourself versus whine about it on social media.

(It goes without saying that Sancho failed hard if this is indeed the case.)

The Ferociousness

Ten Hag is going to lose the dressing room real fast at this rate. Rashford is good friends with sancho and I believe him liking his post was authentic. There is going to be a split when results keep nose diving

There was absolutely no need to hang sancho out to dry after the arsenal defeat. It reeks of trying to deflect away from the performance.

I don't believe sancho isn't pulling his weight in training considering he was one our best players in pre season and had a decent cameo against wolves after Antony stunk up the place who still got picked the following game. If he was training poorly he wouldn't be looking more sharp. I think there's been a bust up behind closed doors, as there is no way sancho deserved to be dropped completely from the squad against arsenal in favour of evans, maguire, Gore and Hannibal

Then come out and say he's not training up to particular levels, its public humiliation and sancho has a right to defend himself.

nickm

Possibly, yes.

ETH has "called out" players before in a similar fashion.

I mean, he obviously doesn't communicate with his players via the media: he will have made it clear to Sancho what he expects from him.

But when the player fails to meet the standard in one way or another, sure - I don't think it's outlandish to speculate that he (ETH) might use a post-match interview to test the response: work harder, prove yourself versus whine about it on social media.

(It goes without saying that Sancho failed hard if this is indeed the case.)
Sometimes you put an arm around a player, sometimes you challenge them, looking for a response. He did the former and now's he's doing the latter - he wants results. Sadly it looks like we have an immature player and ETH's assessment won't be pretty. Sancho blew it.

Bwuk

More than happy to cash in on Sancho if a Saudi club offer us £££.

The talent is there but the application never has been the whole time he's been at the club.

alexanderplatz

What more could ETH do? Like it or not there’s a huge financial element here and if a player on Sancho’s wage isn’t performing the club can’t replace them. It’s completely voluntary to play for Manchester United and you know the level of expectation and scrutiny that comes with it. If it makes you uncomfortable then it is in everyone’s interest to find the player an environment they can thrive in.

I would suggest if a person doesn’t like scrutiny then a major football club is a poor environment to choose. Plenty of people choose their employer based on the work environment and knowing what they can handle, it’s a completely legitimate concern and one that doesn’t mean you lack ambition.

United have to safeguard players and the like but there is only so much that can be done. Unfortunately when tens of millions of fans depend on you to deliver them happiness then it’s going to be very intense.

red_de_pologne

Two very underwhelming years from Sancho. And to think people on here wanted us to pay £108m to Dortmond for him back in 2019.

Im sure a Saudi team would take him. Didnt Gerrard want Greenwood. Sancho would be one of the best players in that league and double the wages he’s on at United.

We’re due a sale to Saudi. Murtogh and Arnold need to get on the first plane to Riyadh
No, he (Gerrard) personally denied it on his social media

crossy1686

career ending
So my cousin just sent me a picture of Sancho at Manchester airport, not as exciting as it seems, he's on his way to New York for a holiday presumably.

spiriticon

So my cousin just sent me a picture of Sancho at Manchester airport, not as exciting as it seems, he's on his way to New York for a holiday presumably.
That's it Sanch my man. Have yourself a fine holiday. Don't worry about getting ready for the restart after the international break. Only idiots do that.

Don't forget the visit the Apple store, and send postcards to the dressing room at OT too.

crossy1686

career ending
That's it Sanch my man. Have yourself a fine holiday. Don't worry about getting ready for the restart after the international break. Only idiots do that.

Don't forget the visit the Apple store, and send postcards to the dressing room at OT too.
:lol: Caused a shit storm now he's disappearing for a nice 2 week holiday where no one knows him.

Judas

Open to offers
Could use the time to knuckle down while his teammates are off on international duty, but nah why not take a nice relaxing break, fully earned. Sums it all up really, if true.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Most of media has actually blamed Sancho for his outburst. These people earn millions and cant hire a decent PR team? That statement was shocking and i wonder what Sancho was hoping to achieve with it?

redshaw

Thought he'd be running up and down Carrington dragging a tractor tyre behind him.

crossy1686

career ending
Could use the time to knuckle down while his teammates are off on international duty, but nah why not take a nice relaxing break, fully earned. Sums it all up really, if true.
Here's what he sent me. For context, my cousin and his girlfriend are on their way to New York and he's on their flight with a mate of his. He managed to grab a quick picture to send me when he wasn't looking.