Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

vanderpants

He hasn't even been training, he has just sat in the dressing room all day in the academy, his training gear was brought over to him and food and drinks but he wouldn't come out to train.
Seeing it first hand , I actually feel sorry for him as the isolation won't help him one bit

ShoePolish

City had first refusal on him when he was contracted to Dortmund, right? There's a reason they passed up on him even though he was putting up crazy numbers in bundesliga.

Godfather

We are holding on to these kind of players for way too long. So long they lose any value

Last edited:

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
By far the greatest manager we've had since 2013.

100% behind him. As I said before the summer window opened, we will need as supporters of the club, support ETH unequivocally when he tries to weed out all these pseudo footballers who take huge chuck of money from the club while deliver absolutely nothing on the pitch.

Absolutely buzzing with this Sancho decision. We should all as fan base support him 100%.

We've been robbed alot in the previous years, robbed by players who took for granted the honour of playing for United. Players who thought were bigger than they were forgetting it's United pull and by association which made them 'popular'.

At least ETH knows where the problem is, hopefully he will find the right cure for the problem.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He hasn't even been training, he has just sat in the dressing room all day in the academy, his training gear was brought over to him and food and drinks but he wouldn't come out to train.
Seeing it first hand , I actually feel sorry for him as the isolation won't help him one bit
He should change careers.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Also great at retaining depreciating assets
You do it on every level. Even the stadium is in bad shape. It really is incredible. Especially since you do spend so much money. It’s baffling.
King Midas in reverse.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Your club has helped us tremendously in the process over the years
Where there’s dead meat, there’s scavengers, I guess. I don’t even mean this to mock you. I actually really like United. It’s just fascinating to witness the sheer amount of craziness and incompetence at your club.

I Am Zlatan

Frustrating situation, especially since Antony won’t be available either, but I agree with the decision, we need serious players, we need to get away from the Lingard/Pogba type of players.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Where there’s dead meat, there’s scavengers, I guess. I don’t even mean this to mock you. I actually really like United. It’s just fascinating to witness the sheer amount of craziness and incompetence at your club.
Absolutely. You'd think after a few years of hemorrhaging money they'd realize something needs to change, yet they keep repeating the same mistakes time and time again.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Its a good thing, we can atleast try and sort out this position far earlier than expected. Not like I trust the idiots in charge.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Absolutely. You'd think after a few years of hemorrhaging money they'd realize something needs to change, yet they keep repeating the same mistakes time and time again.
And everyone except for the people in charge can see it. And still, it just goes on and on.

The Purley King

Sancho is obviously imature and it looks like he's had problems keeping time and with his attitude, which is not ok of course. Most of these young football pros are kids though, they live in a buble and don't grow into manhood like normal kids. The reason I'm asking these questions, is that I think we as a club should be able to handle players like him a lot better with better man management and coaching, and get more out of them. In stead of alianating him we should have coached and educated him to get the max out of him. Every player is different and every player needs different approach to trigger their best qualities on and off the pitch. We have invested 75M + wages in him. Why not focus on getting the most out of the investment. Attitude and mental issues can be worked out if it gets the right attention. If one player needs more one on one talks or personal feedback/coaching than other players to glow and to know exactly what is expected of him, then the management should catch up on this, and see to it that every asset we have gets the best following up they can get to be the best they can be. If you want to be successfull, that is! To put the responsibility on the players to understand and do the right things to become a perfect piece of the puzzle an elite football club is, is not a recipe for success. They need all they help the management can give them.
We don’t see what happens behind the scenes but the 3 month sabbatical he had last year does demonstrate that we’ve probably tried different approaches.
I get every player is different, some thrive on a bollocking, some need a hand around the shoulder etc but eventually, if nothing has worked it’s time to feck him off.
There is 0 and I mean absolutely 0 excuse for not being on time for things.
Disrespectful to the whole rest of the team plus then half arsing it in training and when he actually gets on the pitch.
Not a good combination……..

TsuWave

:lol: I still feel like more was made out of this than it should have been, but alas

TsuWave

Only at United would this be such a big drama. He was left out and made a naughty Tweet. Stick him in the stand/bench for a few games and fine him, job done.
My thoughts as well. This is such a bizarre saga

The Purley King

Frustrating situation, especially since Antony won’t be available either, but I agree with the decision, we need serious players, we need to get away from the Lingard/Pogba type of players.
Hope pellestri gets a chance now.
Those training photos of him show he wants it badly and to be fair to him he’s been incredibly patient. That is the right attitude to have.
If we get el ghazi in and he plays ahead of pellestri I will utterly despair.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not sure what he was thinking going public with that IG post. What are his advisors doing? What does he think of himself?

clarkydaz

Ed Woodward "We can do things in the transfer market that other clubs can only dream of. Watch this space.

georgipep

The question we need to ask is:
How are we managing to not get the most out of the players we have?

How good is the management at communicating with the players and coach them to be the best they can be, not only on the pitch and training ground, but in every part of being a professional footballer.
We are talking about kids here, they need guidance almost every step of the way, and Sancho seems to need it more than others. In stead of alianating him, ETH should have worked harder with him. There's a world class footballer in him.

If we give up on him and let him go, he'll explode at the right club.
You are assuming a lot here.

1. Ten Hag is not putting enough effort on Sancho
2. The club is not taking care of the players
3. Sancho is capable of responding positively
4. Sancho will explode and be the Dortmund version of himself or better if the right approach is found

I really don't understand how you can be so confident to make these assumptions.

Most talented young players fade away.

Most ill disciplined players fade away.

The club did very well to nurture Shaw, Giggs, Beckham and many others.

Ten Hag already did show very special treatment towards Sancho. And that's only what we see. Who knows what's happening behind the scenes.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The insinuation ETH would play him just because of the Antony situation was always daft. ETH would rather play with 10 men than cede any authority. Until he proves he can train to the required standard at the set designated time he will remain out of the squad.

MegadrivePerson

The transfer window is still open in Turkey. We should try and get him a loan deal out there. It feels like he's at the point of no return now.

Vidooq

Sancho is obviously imature and it looks like he's had problems keeping time and with his attitude, which is not ok of course. Most of these young football pros are kids though, they live in a buble and don't grow into manhood like normal kids. The reason I'm asking these questions, is that I think we as a club should be able to handle players like him a lot better with better man management and coaching, and get more out of them. In stead of alianating him we should have coached and educated him to get the max out of him. Every player is different and every player needs different approach to trigger their best qualities on and off the pitch. We have invested 75M + wages in him. Why not focus on getting the most out of the investment. Attitude and mental issues can be worked out if it gets the right attention. If one player needs more one on one talks or personal feedback/coaching than other players to glow and to know exactly what is expected of him, then the management should catch up on this, and see to it that every asset we have gets the best following up they can get to be the best they can be. If you want to be successfull, that is! To put the responsibility on the players to understand and do the right things to become a perfect piece of the puzzle an elite football club is, is not a recipe for success. They need all they help the management can give them.
He doesn't have any complicated issues that require special treatment. He can not get anywhere on time. If I'm late once, I will apologise and I will do my best to never repeat the same mistake again. Its what normal, sane person would do. You try to be early in order to avoid being late.

Are we seriously discussing tardiness as a God knows what kind of an issue? Nah, this is non negotiable, something that every professional has to have. Which he clearly doesn't.

Shiva87

This is very decisive and good. I’m glad that we are prioritising the long term squad attitude over short term needs (regardless of how desperate the need is).

fully behind ETH on this.

TrueRed79

Are you employed by the club or contracted in some way?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Gardening leave? Twig day today.

Infra-red

Gone in January then?
Out on loan in January and then sold in the summer I expect. I doubt he'll play for United again after publicly calling the manager a liar in his ludicrous and incredibly ill-advised social media post. The player is talented but clearly lacks the application to make it at the top level. He also appears to be a complete idiot, which is a shame.