Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

George The Best

Some of the reports emerging that his team mates have not been happy with Sancho are the most telling to me. Seems, to me, ETH has tried everything, including his break last season to get fit. Looks like Erik has the full support of the dressing room, unlike Sancho. If he wants to revive his career he needs to publicly apologise and get his head down in training and demonstrate why he’s entitled to such a huge salary. Last chance saloon for him now. Fail to deliver and I’m sure the club’s legal department will be looking for ways to terminate his contract.

OmarUnited4ever

But then you have to think of it from Sancho’s perspective, if he is this lazy then it’s not exactly going to be better elsewhere for him. Unless goes Saudi or MLS where I think there’s such a drop in level he could coast and be successful, wherever he’s going the manager is going to expect basic punctuality and effort.
Saudis & the MLS will expect that too, no coach worth his salt will accept laziness and tardiness especially from someone who is not doing the business on the pitch, I get that some players are given allowances on punctuality and effort if they perform on the pitch but Sancho is in shit form for 2 years

OmarUnited4ever

On that topic, I am not sure why many are convinced that his salary is something low as 200k and rest is bonuses. When it came to De Gea 375k, Sanchez 350k, Casemiro 300k, Varane 310k, Bruno 240k and so on, everyone was pretty convinced.
Maybe I am missing some proof out there.
Cas and Varane were top earners at Madrid, Sanchez and DDG got their stupid contracts under Woodward but Sanchez was also a top earner ar Arsenal, and Bruno started on 180k and was given a raise due to his vital performances, Sancho arrived during Murtough who I expect wouldn't sanction 350k.

And most of the times, these players get basic plus bonuses, some of these bonuses are as simple as appearance bonus (Sanchez got something like 50k for every match he played, hence why his total wage was huge) and some of these bonuses are harder to achieve for example winning titles or winning an individual award (like best GK or top scorer) the 350k for Sancho could be true if he unlocked all of his bonuses that might include some difficult ones like winning CL or winning Balon D'or but I truly find it hard to believe Sancho is on the same bracket as Cas and Varane.

tomaldinho1

Saudis & the MLS will expect that too, no coach worth his salt will accept laziness and tardiness especially from someone who is not doing the business on the pitch, I get that some players are given allowances on punctuality and effort if they perform on the pitch but Sancho is in shit form for 2 years
I mean the level will be that much lower that he can get by being a bit slower and probably have a good enough output to be worth it. He’s a very clever player and technically would be among the best in the league outside of some of the golden oldies Miami are wheeling out for their US tour.

Hester_manc

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. IMO these things had to happen because these were the major clouds that have been hanging over our head as a team since Ten Haag got here. Our right wing position has been a massive cesspool of waste. Antony hasn't shown anything outside of work rate, Greenwood's case was a major cloud and Sancho's inability perform to a premier league standard and his absence have been major flags other teams haven't had to deal with. Now that they are out of the way, we can actually focus on what we have (Martial is still here, but we can only do so much)
We have lost 3 fantastic players. Not matter why we lost them, we are now much weaker than we were before. I know that two of them might come back, not for a while.

kaku06

Interesting take, maybe more behind the scenes than we know
Of course it’s you who’s posting this. Aren’t you the same person who said Ten Hag was ranting against Sancho? Now you are using the wisdom of fecking O’hara of all people as if he has a point. Pathetic.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Mental health, mental health, mental health, mental health. Nonsense. Fecking sick to death of that being used in certain circumstances as some unbreakable shield to criticism and consequences.

astracrazy

I don't know how this needs to be explained, but no clubs would want to buy a player with poor standard. Ten Hag just tank any value Sancho had in the transfer market
Shows our standards, we knew what he was like and still brought him.

Joking apart, people in the scene talk. Ten Hag going public would have changed nothing.

fezzerUTD

I'm a bit annoyed at Rashford. He was leading the charge to get Sancho here, they're friends and they played together for England. And they have zero chemistry together on the pitch. I don't even remember them passing to each other in any substantial way
I find it difficult to work out who is who between Sancho and Rashford when they’re both on the pitch as they’re both useless.

kaku06

We have lost 3 fantastic players. Not matter why we lost them, we are now much weaker than we were before. I know that two of them might come back, not for a while.
3 fantastic players? One never performed for us since he was signed from Dortmund. One never played for us in almost 2 years and the third one is one of our least effective players when he plays interms of output. We are weaker interms of quantity not quality. Antony is the only loss if you stretch that argument. We would be fine, don’t worry.

Grande

The same person btw:

Now that last interview, where probably someone like his mum or his gorlfriend aat down with him beforehand to help him sort his mind - that would be exactly the right interview to send to Sancho, and to send to Jamie O’Hara, 23, and to send to Jamie O’Hara 30-something, about to go on a TALKsport interview.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Jamie O'Hara is able to relate with Sancho, then we need to ship our Sancho even faster.

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if ETH's decision to let Sancho go away last season was to keep him away from the squad full stop.

lex talionis

Your proposed wording is terrible and ETH would get absolutely lambasted as being cracked and caving under the , pressure.

Think ETH has spent his first year protecting and coddling Sancho to be repaid by him with this circus over a nothing comment.

Sancho needs to grow up, that’s all there is to it.
My proposed wording is vastly better -- basically telling the media to feck off and ask another question -- than what ETH actually came up, which has ignited a firestorm. Unless, of course, ETH's objective was to create the very firestorm that he's now engulfed in, in which case his wording was pure perfection.

fezzerUTD

:houllier:

Rashford is that guy who usually scores our goals...
Yep as we haven’t had a decent striker in….. years have we. One that is here for the long term hopefully Hojlund.

And it’s nothing to do with being edgy, it’s about having a standard of how the club and players should be performing. And no disrepect to Rashford fan boys but he won’t be the main man in any title winning side.

fallengt

Protect the club's image? Not give the press ammunition to spin a negative story about the club at a time when we could do without more drama? Protect his player? Preserve a players value if he's thinking of selling him soon?

Maybe you're right. Managers should just go public with every behind the scenes issue they are having with their players.
Pep had a melt down with Cancelo in public and he ended up winning treble.
Not saying it always works but why do you think it won't work? Ole took 'good manager' approach and it didn't work. Time for these prima donna players to take accountability.

sepulturite

Of course it’s you who’s posting this. Aren’t you the same person who said Ten Hag was ranting against Sancho? Now you are using the wisdom of fecking O’hara of all people as if he has a point. Pathetic.
@mu4c_20le is an absolute troll, pay no attention to his posts is the best thing you can do

joso157

Ten Hags done everything he can for Sancho, clearly he has discipline issues which go back to his days at City. He's another one who could be one of the best, all the ability but doesn't have the right mentality...I could count on one hand the amount of decent games he's had, and he's been here two seasons. Doubt we'll see him play again, phased into the background and shipped out in Jan, just another sign that the club has failed miserably in recruitment, spending vast sums on mediocrities for the past decade.

alexthelion

What's the point of the current situation? Who does it help? EtH hasn't had the best start this season, Sancho has been below average for long. Club is already in a quagmire with the Greenwood situation, why bring in unnecessary negativity now? It's a strange time to pick this issue now. Pogba could have been a lazy player but in the end he is the one who outlasted the manager. My point is that EtH caused an unnecessary situation when he could have handled things diplomatically. He also chose to do it during international break and has caused the issue to fester for long.

Why can't etH have simply dropped Sancho and started Pellistri or someone ahead and just say Pellestri trains very well and deserves to be ahead of Sancho. EtH could have killed two birds with stone, he could have motivated someone else and indicated diplomatically that Sancho doesn't train as well as a youth prospect.
That's exactly what he did do.

el3mel

Sancho and Antony are in no way or shape fantastic. It was our mistake to rely on them to start with.

saik

Wonder if Nunes will criticise Pep in an angry tweet and get banished to the reserves before being sold in January?

https://x.com/livescore/status/1702707092312785051?s=61
I completely forgot they bought him. His first touch is better than a lot of our first teamers and Pep is still not satisfied. Talk about standards. Same high standards that ETH is trying to apply but people don't like it because he hurt little old Sancho's feelings.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I said I did not agree. Sancho made it a big story it didn’t have to be. Either way nothing wrong with what ETH said period.

Sancho isn’t going to be a big miss either.

What we can not afford this season is players thinking they don’t have to follow the rules, track back, turn up on time for training and meetings because ETH has zero authority.
You don't agree that it's made a bigger circus than we already had? Ok then.

I'm guessing Sancho and ETH had already discussed it behind closed doors so it should have been left at that. Going to the media doesn't mean you have more authority. It achieved nothing and just created more problems. And now he seemingly has a player that he has even less authority over after it all.