Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

The_Midfielder

You don't agree that it's made a bigger circus than we already had? Ok then.

I'm guessing Sancho and ETH had already discussed it behind closed doors so it should have been left at that. Going to the media doesn't mean you have more authority. It achieved nothing and just created more problems. And now he seemingly has a player that he has even less authority over after it all.
It's a bigger circus because of Sancho..
Keep quiet and prove that you are good .and deserve to be selected ..
You don't go online posting things..
He said nothing wrong.. Well Sancho isn't the best 4 wingers we have , so prove that you are better than Antony, Rashford, and Garnacho ..

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Is this Talksport guy the same Jamie O'Hara who used to play for Spurs? Who cares what he thinks?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's a bigger circus because of Sancho..
Keep quiet and prove that you are good .and deserve to be selected ..
You don't go online posting things..
He said nothing wrong.. Well Sancho isn't the best 4 wingers we have , so prove that you are better than Antony, Rashford, and Garnacho ..
Like I said earlier, Sancho has previous for doing this and it was seemingly quite obvious what would happen once ETH spoke to the media about it. I just find it irritating as it's bad enough as it is and this seemed an avoidable situation.

RuudTom83

Who the feck is the press officer? Why were these eejits allowed to ask so many questions about Sancho?
Yeah I was thinking that as well after listening to the same question asked 10 different ways…

A simple “EtH has answered that question, do you have any questions about Brighton?”

From the press officer would have been a totally normal request, but nah just leave EtH to fend for himself speaking a second language against a room of fake journalists trying to tie him up and say the wrong thing.

Tyrion

I find it difficult to work out who is who between Sancho and Rashford when they’re both on the pitch as they’re both useless.
This is daft. Rashford was one of our best players last year.

Is this Talksport guy the same Jamie O'Hara who used to play for Spurs? Who cares what he thinks?
O'Hara is like Agbonlahor in that they were average players with little insight into the game but they can be used for trolling which makes them perfect for Talksport. The goal is to annoy people so they call in.

Tyrion

Anyone defending Sancho in this is a clown.
Agreed.
  1. He shouldn't have tweeted what he did
  2. He should have apologised when asked
  3. His performances have been poor the entire time he's been here (under Ole, Ralf and ETH)
  4. He's apparently not even acting professionally which is something a non-league player could do
There's no defence.

Yorke to Cole

I'm a bit annoyed at Rashford. He was leading the charge to get Sancho here, they're friends and they played together for England. And they have zero chemistry together on the pitch. I don't even remember them passing to each other in any substantial way
Rashford assisted Sancho against Southampton, season before last.

I am not personally going to take sides. Sancho has not shown enough in the time he is here. Likewise, Ten Hag did not (for me) have to address the question so directly during that press conference. In light what was going to happen to Anthony, a bit of shrewd management would have been the way to go.

Also, Anthony's performances were poor and every rating I read in the Manchester Evening News did state Sancho "looked bright" and "positive" when he came on and said he should be starting.

I think it goes up to the top and how this club is badly run. I honestly mean that.

We have to consider how the best clubs are run and the coaches do not have the sideshows that we have to put up with.
Ten Hag has had to manage situations he should not be having to deal with. The emphasis being on the word manage. As James Rhodes says, first and foremost, Ten Hag is a coach. His job is the team, preparation and strategy. This is not the days of Ferguson. where he was responsible for everything.

Times have changed. I think Ten Hag (after that defeat to Arsenal) was frustrated and if he had system above him that was remotely competent, then he could be more measured and less agitated in his answers. Therefore, this situation may not have arose. Not publically anyway.

From Sancho's perspective, he probably thinks, you were prepared to listen to offers for me last week, fcuk you!

No winners in this, I'm afraid.

It is going to be a rough ride and if and until the Glazers sell, the entire club will continue to f##*Ed.

mu4c_20le

Guy was defending Ole like one of his kids and he's going at EtH over this as if he's violated another one
Let's get one thing straight here, I wanted ETH. You wanted Ralf. And probably still butthurt at being proven wrong about him because you only defended him because you hated Ole so much.

You have issues my guy

Yorke to Cole

Mate, if Ten Hag pulls his pants down and take a dump in the centre of the pitch that would be one of more positive news from the club in the last months.

What image?
That, or maybe he'll be demonstrating to Murtough and Arnold, that is how you do a clear out.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Let's get one thing straight here, I wanted ETH. You wanted Ralf. And probably still butthurt at being proven wrong about him because you only defended him because you hated Ole so much.

You have issues my guy
The only straight thing in that post is its straight insanity

phenry

Dunno if this was posted before but here's a telling extract from his interview with the independent:

In June 2011, O’Hara signed a five-year £8m contract at Wolves, starting on a salary of roughly £30,000 per week. “I took my foot off the gas,” he admits. “I got the great contract and I took my foot off the gas. It’s sad really because I look back and think it could have gone so right, and it went so wrong. In hindsight I look back and think ‘I should have just kept my mouth shut and played football.’”

Hypocrisy

Valencia Shin Crosses

Eric was given that leeway because Fergie right from the start, trusted him, and very quickly his team mates trusted him. And his team mates of course trusted Fergie. And Eric, being an honourable man, wanted to repay that trust. And did, in spades. That's why it worked, I believe. A zillion miles from Sancho.
Exactly. Players can understand special treatment for others when the one receiving it has earned it
Agreed.
  1. He shouldn't have tweeted what he did
  2. He should have apologised when asked
  3. His performances have been poor the entire time he's been here (under Ole, Ralf and ETH)
  4. He's apparently not even acting professionally which is something a non-league player could do
There's no defence.
The last part being the most important. You lose any sort of goodwill or benefit of the doubt when you are ineffective on the pitch and then fail to show any sort of desire/responsibility/professionalism off it. At that point Ten Hag can say whatever the feck he wants and I won’t blame him for it. A player wants to act like a child then he deserves to be chastised like one.

ErikElevenHag

Yep as we haven’t had a decent striker in….. years have we. One that is here for the long term hopefully Hojlund.

And it’s nothing to do with being edgy, it’s about having a standard of how the club and players should be performing. And no disrepect to Rashford fan boys but he won’t be the main man in any title winning side.
Since when did not being the main man at a title winning side = completely useless?

Rashford has his faults, but he did score 30 goals last season and is far from being classified as useless.

Rashford would have been in every single premier league title winning squad we've ever had over the years, it's not even a debate.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Since when did not being the main man at a title winning side = completely useless?

Rashford has his faults, but he did score 30 goals last season and is far from being classified as useless.

Rashford would have been in every single premier league title winning squad we've ever had over the years, it's not even a debate.
Squad, yes.

First 11, no.

But I agree he’s far from useless.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Sancho would probably be move in January if someone is willing to pay his wages. If not, it is probably a loan with option to buy. United has been poor in transfer, instead of opting for string and fast wingers, we bought small and timid wingers whose mouth(fingers) do most of the talking than their actions on the field. It is okay, I have faith in ETH. He just needs more time with more players leaving or playing backup in the next few years. We will get there eventually in 2-3 years time.

Kellyiom

He'll never thrive in England. He'll thrive in Germany again or another less competitive League and even then it'll only be for one of the top teams there. The lad has zero intensity. For some reason I keep thinking about all our fans laughing at Anderson. For perspective Anderson is a bit of a joke but had twice the mentality of Sancho and Ando didn't have the best mentality. Sancho is simply a bust. Pep and City not being bothered to keep him should have been warning enough.
I agree, if we can't afford to keep a wasteful player as a luxury item, there's no way a mid-table team or lower will take what could be a costly risk in a viciously competitive league.

So then, he'd have to contemplate playing abroad again and whether his ego could withstand the drop in earnings.

He's very young still, there's absolutely no reason why he couldn't be up there amongst the best, he's just got to put the hours of hard work in.

stepic

Like I said earlier, Sancho has previous for doing this and it was seemingly quite obvious what would happen once ETH spoke to the media about it. I just find it irritating as it's bad enough as it is and this seemed an avoidable situation.
So you expect a manager to start watching what he says because of fear of how one of his players may react? Once you go down that path you lose the dressing room completely.

Sancho is at fault and he’s now sabotaged his United career voluntarily. Good riddance when he finally does leave.

Kellyiom

Football is a job, but it is not a normal one. Sancho is competing in his job with some other players to become one of the selected first 11, and on top of that in theory he is in competition with several other players for a spot in the national team. It's absolutely normal for players to do more than absolutely required from them, because it is in their own interest to improve. What Sancho does sends the message, that he doesn't care (much) for his personal improvement, and that rubs people the wrong way.
That's how I see it, I think having a holiday in the time approved by my contract is my entitlement.

However, if my boss has been constantly raising issues about my fitness and performance and it's starting to look critical, I'd like to think I'd have enough sense to dodge a few high profile nights on the town in New York to placate some of the criticism.

It just seems insulting to the club and fans I think, and maybe to older players who I remember like Robbo who would run themselves lame for the badge.

I know times change but it's been raised a few times here, he must be getting bad or zero advice because there's no way this looks good.

Eddy_JukeZ

You can't keep babying non-punctual players especially when their performances don't merit any slack or leeway.

Pscholes18

You can't keep babying non-punctual players especially when their performances don't merit any slack or leeway.
.....who are on 350K a week. Seriously.....that is the problem with these shite players, always being handled with kids gloves, who then walk all over their manager. Feck them.....half these cnuts would of been gone already if Fergie were still around.

In Rainbows

I'm guessing Sancho and ETH had already discussed it behind closed doors so it should have been left at that. Going to the media doesn't mean you have more authority. It achieved nothing and just created more problems. And now he seemingly has a player that he has even less authority over after it all.
What ETH originally said wasn't even that bad of a comment. He just said he had a poor training week. Sancho blew it up into something bigger than what it initially was.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What ETH originally said wasn't even that bad of a comment. He just said he had a poor training week. Sancho blew it up into something bigger than what it initially was.
Did he even say that? I thought he made a generic statement that squad was selected based on training performance.

Rake

Did he even say that? I thought he made a generic statement that squad was selected based on training performance.
Here is the quote :
"On his performance on training we didn't select him," the manager said. "You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United. You can make choices in the front line, so in this game, he wasn't selected." That said as a response to why Sancho is not in the squad.

The only option EtH had to somewhat diffuse the situation was dodging the question, which would have been a red flag for journos as well. I see people suggesting that he lied about injury or something but that would have been futile. Taking his reaction into consideration, we can safely assume that Sancho would have posted something along the lines of 'I'm in perfect condition and ready to play but baldy does not like me. For ages I've been rumored to have spaghetti for bones and soapstone for ligaments. I've been villainized by the club and chefs all around the world for over 40 years now and it needs to stop.'

This is the end for him. Only reason he might be an United player come next season is of his obscene wages. It has been stipulated that he will be back in the team if he apologizes but I don't think EtH gives two shits about that. Sancho needs to become a different person to be back and he is incapable/unwilling of doing so. The boy is a multimillionaire in his early 20s and doesn't have a reason to change. We will move him on and he will still play for a decent team for decent wages while not changing a single thing.

garelo

Would have been 1st XI in 2013 and 2011.

He easily displaces Young on the left in 2013 and Park/Giggs on the left in 2011.
Both Giggs and Park were integral part of our success reaching CL final and winning PL in 2011, aint no way Rashford replaced them from starting xi. I dont remember Youngy ever became integral part of Fergie last winning team due to his injury that season but considering we just signed RvP and what Fergie said to his players i doubt hed like seeing Rashford ignoring RvP just to try to score from impossible angle.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Here is the quote :
"On his performance on training we didn't select him," the manager said. "You have to reach the level every day at Manchester United. You can make choices in the front line, so in this game, he wasn't selected." That said as a response to why Sancho is not in the squad.

The only option EtH had to somewhat diffuse the situation was dodging the question, which would have been a red flag for journos as well. I see people suggesting that he lied about injury or something but that would have been futile. Taking his reaction into consideration, we can safely assume that Sancho would have posted something along the lines of 'I'm in perfect condition and ready to play but baldy does not like me. For ages I've been rumored to have spaghetti for bones and soapstone for ligaments. I've been villainized by the club and chefs all around the world for over 40 years now and it needs to stop.'

This is the end for him. Only reason he might be an United player come next season is of his obscene wages. It has been stipulated that he will be back in the team if he apologizes but I don't think EtH gives two shits about that. Sancho needs to become a different person to be back and he is incapable/unwilling of doing so. The boy is a multimillionaire in his early 20s and doesn't have a reason to change. We will move him on and he will still play for a decent team for decent wages while not changing a single thing.
Thanks for the quote.

Don't think we are losing any quality of Sancho doesn't play, going by his performance levels.

bringbackbebe

It's hard to fathom anyone taking Sancho's side in this. He should have kept his mouth mum and acted on his performances.

I find it difficult to work out who is who between Sancho and Rashford when they’re both on the pitch as they’re both useless.
This is from your FIFA game?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Not by HIS actions no. The main point was a manager should not only criticise when things are going well, that is called weak management.

Keeping everything in house and letting the player who is not meeting standards continue to do so and play is alot worse in the end. Better to get the player out if they do not want to comply. I have no issue with it

astracrazy

Media drive the narratives. A bit different when "sources say" than being confirmed by Ten Hag himself.
Teams don't buy players off the media, they don't need the daily mail to tell them what a player is like. EtH saying to the media he hasn't been training well isn't going to be news to anyone in football circles. Everyone knows what his attitude is like which is why its surprising we signed him, especially as City said no thanks to having him back.

I'm not sure what you are missing.

Teams do their own research into players using scouts, agents, other players etc.

aeh1991

Can we please stop this childish comparisons? Sancho vs Rashford, Rashford vs 2013 players, etc.? Thanks