Erik ten Hag vs Sancho

Taribo's Gap

A compromise needs to happen, pair of stubborn idiots have taken long enough as it is...
At this point the only way to achieve some sort of rapprochement would be through deception. Someone at the club should get both of them very drunk and then set them up on a blind date at a Karaoke bar in a separate room in the back for intimacy. I've already started curating a playlist they could work through to sort out their issues:
  • Apologize - One Republic
  • Fix You - Coldplay
  • Sorry - Justin Bieber
  • Survivor- Destiny's Child
  • Stayin' Alive - The Bee Gees
Once they are fully drunk out of their minds, they will hug it out and weep for all of the greatness forgone during their period of estrangement. It will be beautiful. They'll shift to drunkenly talking tactics, strategy and plans for the remainder of the season. A blitzed Jadon will offer up his sincerest non-apology apology, "Erik, I'm sorry you felt disrespected by my truth", which will be met with the slightest inkling of an accepting smirk from Erik, "I'll see you at training on Monday, Jadon." In reply, Jadon will cue up a song, a special rendition of The Jackson 5's "I'll Be There". They will end hugging shoulder to shoulder and rocking side to side ... You and I must make a pact, we must bring United back. I'm crying as I type this out; I really think it could work.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At this point the only way to achieve some sort of rapprochement would be through deception. Someone at the club should get both of them very drunk and then set them up on a blind date at a Karaoke bar in a separate room in the back for intimacy. I've already started curating a playlist they could work through to sort out their issues:
  • Fix You - Coldplay
  • Sorry - Justin Bieber
Once they are fully drunk out of their minds, they will hug it out and weep for all of the greatness forgone during their period of estrangement. It will be beautiful. They'll shift to drunkenly talking tactics, strategy and plans for the remainder of the season. A blitzed Jadon will offer up his sincerest non-apology apology, "Erik, I'm sorry you felt disrespected by my truth", which will be met with the slightest inkling of an accepting smirk from Erik, "I'll see you at training on Monday, Jadon." In reply, Jadon will cue up a song, a special rendition of The Jackson 5's "I'll Be There". They will end hugging shoulder to shoulder and rocking side to side ... You and I must make a pact, we must bring United back. I'm crying as I type this out; I really think it could work.
Great post!

tomaldinho1

• Fix You - Coldplay
  • Sorry - Justin Bieber
Survivor has just concluded, Sancho and Erik are now arm in arm, the squad is clapping and someone shouts to VdB, who is naturally in the dj booth and not with the team, "get the Bee Gees on!". At first glance, all seem well but there are dour faces among the smiles; Antony, a man out of form and clutching, with an ever weakening grip, to his RW berth is decidedly unhappy with the scene that has been unfolding for the last twenty minutes. He gets out of his chair with a 360 spin and drifts into the booth. Donny's back is turned as he rummages through old LPs, Antony knows what he must do.

On stage, Erik has a tear in his eye. He thought this relationship was dead and lord knows he needs some extra cover in attack right now. Similarly Sancho seems to have come out of his shell ad be genuinely pleased with the situation, big brother Marcus Rashford looks on with a big grin. 'Hurry up Donny' shouts someone from the back. The lights drop, the music starts.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Has been booted from the team WhatsApp group apparently.

Unam333

Anyone read Ronald Koeman's quotes criticizing Brobbey's individual qualities?

Very mature reaction from Brobbey. I think Sancho can learn from Brobbey.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Thought this was real last night, fecking twitter...

That can't be real. He can't be real. He's currently not even training because he's being a man child, and he texts his own team 'lucky win', and is surprised they're not pleased with him, presumably sitting at home?

I cannot fathom the man.

saik

That can't be real. He can't be real. He's currently not even training because he's being a man child, and he texts his own team 'lucky win', and is surprised they're not pleased with him, presumably sitting at home?

I cannot fathom the man.
No white text? It's a parody account.

Leethal

Zero posts since Thursday for our £80m signing that has been exiled from the first team.

Just goes to show how little the fan base gives a shit about this self entitled total waste of talent.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Zero posts since Thursday for our £80m signing that has been exiled from the first team.

Just goes to show how little the fan base gives a shit about this self entitled total waste of talent.
Not really, the discussion just moved to the transfer forum

jasT1981

There was a tweet the other day saying SJR will demand Ten Hag to bury the hatchet with Sancho, but I doubt there was any truth to it.

astracrazy

There was a tweet the other day saying SJR will demand Ten Hag to bury the hatchet with Sancho, but I doubt there was any truth to it.

If Ratcliffe wants Sancho staying here then its not a great start to be honest.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
To be fair to Ratty it’s surely in the clubs best interest to get the situation resolved one way or another. A decent Owner or CEO should be getting ETH and Sancho into a room and getting the situation sorted out One way or another.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Would be interesting to know exactly what the issue is, and if it's only what has been reported, then Sancho seems to be quite unstable. If there's more to it than we know, it would be interesting to see how deep-rooted the problems are.

This has all gone way past what is normal, in fact it's in the realm of downright absurd by now. Sancho will have lost his fitness and match sharpness and he's also losing out on development; it all seems so disproportionate for a slight.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
To be fair to Ratty it’s surely in the clubs best interest to get the situation resolved one way or another. A decent Owner or CEO should be getting ETH and Sancho into a room and getting the situation sorted out One way or another.
The only way is to kick Sancho out of the club for being a prat.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
This "apology" thing just seems weird.

He's a grown man, ffs.

"Apologize, or you won't have any pudding."

If he isn't committed, if he's fallen out with ETH beyond repair, the club has a choice to make. Back ETH or back Sancho.

This is surely Murtough's job. If he believes ETH is doing a good job, Sancho should be fecked off as soon as possible.

cletus7

if Sancho not saying sorry was liable to cost you £20m of your own money (likely difference in valuation + wasted wages), you’d probably be happy to waive the apology also. Perhaps they could offer ETH £5m to let it go. Point I make is that it’s been overlooked how much this tiff is costing the club = the fans.

Lee565

In a month which has seen the club lose an absolute legend in Bobby Charlton, you would have hoped both sides could have realised life is too short to be holding grudges.

It shows how much of a prima donna football players are compared to the past, sancho has not achieved anything in his career and has been poor since joining and yet he is acting like he is world beater, other players have been criticised by managers in the past and just done their talking on the pitch, not sulking on social media.

manutddjw

We're at the point of no return now. Even if the little worm apologizes tomorrow, what message does that send to the rest of the squad? You can get time off while still getting your wages and waltz back into the team. At least when Phil Jones was stealing a living he did it trying to play for the club.

Judas

Open to offers
This "apology" thing just seems weird.

He's a grown man, ffs.

"Apologize, or you won't have any pudding."

If he isn't committed, if he's fallen out with ETH beyond repair, the club has a choice to make. Back ETH or back Sancho.

This is surely Murtough's job. If he believes ETH is doing a good job, Sancho should be fecked off as soon as possible.
Why is an apology weird?

Eriku

if Sancho not saying sorry was liable to cost you £20m of your own money (likely difference in valuation + wasted wages), you’d probably be happy to waive the apology also. Perhaps they could offer ETH £5m to let it go. Point I make is that it’s been overlooked how much this tiff is costing the club = the fans.
It’s not exactly free to backtrack on this. Ten Hag will have been undermined, and Sancho and any other players who are phoning it in will be emboldened.

Marcus

It’s not exactly free to backtrack on this. Ten Hag will have been undermined, and Sancho and any other players who are phoning it in will be emboldened.
Abolutely. An apology is not good enough though. It should be an apology as well as a commitment to train to the best of his ability.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Would be interesting to know exactly what the issue is, and if it's only what has been reported, then Sancho seems to be quite unstable. If there's more to it than we know, it would be interesting to see how deep-rooted the problems are.

This has all gone way past what is normal, in fact it's in the realm of downright absurd by now. Sancho will have lost his fitness and match sharpness and he's also losing out on development; it all seems so disproportionate for a slight.
Yeah, it's very strange. But managers do strange things for players they don't favor anymore. Sir Alex ditched Stam, Beckham, and Ruud very quick before you knew it, just because he's out of favor with them. It went even to player he's been chasing for a while, like Berba.

Pep got rid of Ibra just after one season, and after out of favor with Eto'o.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

He literally needs to say sorry and he gets it all back.

Mercurial

Won't end well if a player think he is bigger than the club and start open dissension. Slippery slope.