Eriksen states that the manager prefers a different playing style to his | UnitedSofa was lazy and didn’t read the article first

jasveron

What he actually said is the following:

"I think you need to ask the manager what he thinks. We have been hit badly by injuries in the defence. And quite frankly we have let in too many goals.
I was Ill last week but feeling good now, no knocks now. The body is well and of course I would love to play every match. But if you have seen the matches yourself, you will see that Ten Hag prefers to play with players of a different type than me right now."

Thats it. In fact earlier in that interview he talks about how he enjoys that Rasmus is now there. There is zero indication that he wants to leave or is unhappy with Ten Hag.
Where can we read what he talks about Rasmus please?

twitter thread suggester
I knew when I read the Danish quotes that it would get misinterpreted by the English media

astracrazy

Will he get frozen like Sancho? Doubt it.
I doubt it too. Did you read the article or just the clickbait headline?

By the way, we are still waiting for you to admit you were wrong in the manager thread................or can't you bring yourself to do it :lol:

GMoore23

The fact is. If we were a top team this wouldn't even get printed.
Journos wouldn't care about whining fringe players if we were winning every week.

TheLord

Lucky that he gets to play fairly regularly at United. In a better squad, he wouldn't get a sniff.

The side netting

Everytime I see stuff like this I always think what would Fergie have done? Would they have even tried this nonsense under Fergie?

Having watched the Beckham series, it really hit home how the players totally respected him and fell into line. I fekin miss that in today's game where players whinge and bitch about being squad players. In Fergies day, players were happy to just be part of the team. Just look how much it still affects Beckham to this day that Fergie sold him.

I like Erikson, really do, but come on son, you're 30+ with a known heart problem and run like you're stuck in treacle. Just be happy you're at United.

Lyng

The fact is. If we were a top team this wouldn't even get printed.
Journos wouldn't care about whining fringe players if we were winning every week.
Who is the whining fringe player you are talking about?

Lyng

Where can we read what he talks about Rasmus please?
Its a danish newspaper. What he said about Rasmus is as follows:

"I think Rasmus has been a smart purchase. He is a type that fits in squad, fits the playstyle, understands the ideas of the manager, and he is a good guy who works hard.
He could score some more goals though. (this was said in jest)
He is very mature in his approach. Of course he sometimes says some...youth things...but his head is in the right place."
The journalist wanted to know what those "youth things" where, but Eriksen said he didnt dare to say that. (again while laughing)

Spaghetti Bolognese

The manager wants to play a different type of player? Yeah, a good one. One that can do things faster than a tortoise.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Shit happens when you're not very good Sony. Back to Brentford you go.
He's a much better midfielder than Mason Mount.

We were a much better team last season with Eriksen as a starter than we are this season with him sitting on the bench,in spite of the blindfold brigade opinions on here...amd the only times we've looked even half competent this season is when he hasn't been on the bench.

I don't like players moaning but it is completely baffling. I could understand if we were picking someone better or as effective as him, but I think Brentford was the first time we even picked an actual midfielder in his place, and we still ended up having to bring him on, like we do in every single game.

I honestly think this is one of the biggest factors in why we've been so shite. Not so much not playing Eriksen, but fecking up our team and system just to not play him. Probably the oddest/most self destructive thing any manager has done post Ferguson, apart from when Phil Jones was taking corners, or most of Jose's press conferences.

Mike Smalling

It's amazing that there are 20 posters or so ready to jump on this story to criticize Eriksen, because some crackpot journalist wrote a headline that completely misrepresents what he said. Read the fecking quotes. If you connect his comments, he is basically saying that we've been hit hard by injuries in defense and are conceding too many goals, so ETH has chosen midfielders that are maybe more solid defensively than he himself is.

There is no story. Let's not make this into some kind of Sancho saga.

GMoore23

Who is the whining fringe player you are talking about?
We've had nothing but leaks coming out of the club and unhappy player stories being published this past few years.
Wouldn't happen if we were successful on the pitch. Journos prey on negativity.

el3mel

I doubt it too. Did you read the article or just the clickbait headline?

By the way, we are still waiting for you to admit you were wrong in the manager thread................or can't you bring yourself to do it :lol:
No, I'm never wrong.

Lyng

We've had nothing but leaks coming out of the club and unhappy player stories being published this past few years.
Wouldn't happen if we were successful on the pitch. Journos prey on negativity.
But this is not such a case. The actual journalist who interviewed Christian didnt twist his words and Christian isnt complaining at all. Its some random United fansite doing click bait.

Jordi Cruyff 99

The responses by fans in here are incredible. Knee Jerk reactions without even bothering to take thirty seconds to read what he actually said. No wonder football fans have the reputation that they do.

As for Eriksen, he's just stating the obvious. It's a fair response. If only the squad had more intelligent people like Eriksen it would be a lot better off, instead we have manchildren like Rashford, Sancho, Maguire, Shaw, Fernandes, Martial and whoever else, most of whom are only bothered about where they're going to squeeze in the next tattoo.

glasgow 21

Tomorrow's kick United when they are down stories …….. Player X ( Sancho again) wants to leave ( he really doesn't) to get proper playing time ( really is quiet happy sitting on his bum stealing 350k s week). Player Y says ETH has lost the dressing room due to make them train too hard even though they are the slowest, least fit team in the premier league. Player Z states many players are hunting for another bus to throw ETH under so they can pull the wool over the eyes of yet another new manager.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Given all the comments on the article's heading being misleading, it would be helpful if you could update the thread title and OP accordingly. There's enough complaining on the site already. :)
Thread title needs updating @UnitedSofa

As others have said, he's not said that at all
Changed.

Granted I’d just got in and was a little tired, saw it, got duped into sharing without reading article first & shared to read in the morning.

Lesson learned. :lol:

led_scholes

"Though we’ve conceded more goals than we’d like, my health is in top condition, and I wish to be on the field for every match. If you’ve been keeping tabs on our games, you’d notice that the manager [Ten Hag] prefers a player with a different style than mine.”

There is nothing to this story.
I don't get what's that issue with this quote.
If he had said that he is in top condition but manager prefer another player of the SAME style would be a dig.

Edit:just saw the updated title, sorry

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's blowing out of his arse after 60 minutes every game.

RuudTom83

The media sure love a United story...blah blah blah.

Best to only give the endless drivel a quick glace and then forget it.

Grande

Changed.

Granted I’d just got in and was a little tired, saw it, got duped into sharing without reading article first & shared to read in the morning.

Lesson learned. :lol:
Good on you for owning it!

There are many a post in this thread from posters who seem fine with basing strong and crass opinions on material they haven’t really bothered reading or understanding. If they could learn from your lesson too, it would be marvelous.

justboy68

You can't answer any question as a footballer these days without some gobshite, clickbait site stretching it and spinning it to the nth degree.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
So what's wrong with this? He wants to play more and believe he is good enough. Good for him but he isn't even close.
I mean, he is though. We've barely managed a game under ETH where we've looked decent without Eriksen being on the pitch. The few where we have managed this, Fred played instead of him.

You don't want players unhappy at not playing enough who are much more effective than the players being picked ahead of them. He's saying the manager prefers a different type of player which is telling us that ETH still hasn't worked out that what he's trying to do with Mount isn't going to work. That's a bit of a problem because at the moment our midfield is an absolute shambles when it really doesn't have to be.

arthurka

I mean, he is though. We've barely managed a game under ETH where we've looked decent without Eriksen being on the pitch. The few where we have managed this, Fred played instead of him.

You don't want players unhappy at not playing enough who are much more effective than the players being picked ahead of them. He's saying the manager prefers a different type of player which is telling us that ETH still hasn't worked out that what he's trying to do with Mount isn't going to work. That's a bit of a problem because at the moment our midfield is an absolute shambles when it really doesn't have to be.
You want players to want to play more and work hard to prove so. Eriksen isn't stinking up anything.

Oldyella

He's a much better midfielder than Mason Mount.

We were a much better team last season with Eriksen as a starter than we are this season with him sitting on the bench,in spite of the blindfold brigade opinions on here...amd the only times we've looked even half competent this season is when he hasn't been on the bench.

I don't like players moaning but it is completely baffling. I could understand if we were picking someone better or as effective as him, but I think Brentford was the first time we even picked an actual midfielder in his place, and we still ended up having to bring him on, like we do in every single game.

I honestly think this is one of the biggest factors in why we've been so shite. Not so much not playing Eriksen, but fecking up our team and system just to not play him. Probably the oddest/most self destructive thing any manager has done post Ferguson, apart from when Phil Jones was taking corners, or most of Jose's press conferences.
Noodle in bringing up MM shocker.