Erling Håland

gajender

Red Bull Salzburg is one of the best places for a kid to be developed. Sadio Mane, Naby Keita, Upamecano were all developed there.

I don't get why some fans on here are confused as to why a super talented kid, would choose to be developed at Salzburg instead of at Utd.

Isn't Halaand linked to Raiola? I'm not sure the board want to go down that route again. Besides, aren't we grooming Greenwood to be our next long-term striker?
I highly doubt United have any problem dealing with Raiola again ,As for grooming Greenwood that's a long shot first it was Rashford as our future no 9 now apparently Martial is the one if he fails I think we would certainly buy another striker.

meamth

Red Bull Salzburg is one of the best places for a kid to be developed. Sadio Mane, Naby Keita, Upamecano were all developed there.

I don't get why some fans on here are confused as to why a super talented kid, would choose to be developed at Salzburg instead of at Utd.

Isn't Halaand linked to Raiola? I'm not sure the board want to go down that route again. Besides, aren't we grooming Greenwood to be our next long-term striker?
As much talent Greenwood has, he is not ready to lead the line for us. He needs to go that typical young forwards route, starting on the wings and slowly progressing into CF.

Besides, we're short of strikers. Martial/Greenwood/???????. Don't start with that Rashford is a CF story.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've been a little hesitant on him, but the kid is clearly the real deal.

We have to be in for him this summer.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Great talent but at the moment he would be crazy if he thinking about joining a manager like Solksjaer.

The way United play with Ole as a manager doesn’t suit a striker like him. First 20-30 minutes with a energetic intensive pressing game, then lose almost all possession, drop back and sit deep in a 451 or 631 formation. If he’s lucky we hopefully create a couple of counter attacking situations, maybe a corner or two.

United with Ole is a strikers graveyard. If I was his agent I would wait until United had a possession friendly manager and coach who knows how to develops his player technique and overall movements.

With us Haaland would regress and lose his confidence in the space of a month or two.
Haaland has played under Solskjaer, has recently praised him in the media and has said he wants to play under him again. You could not be more off base if you tried

troylocker

Southgate should come knocking and tell him "you'll be my future Kane"
He's been capped for Norway already, so that one is not possible. Will be very interesting to watch him play for Norway against weaker opposition the next couple of matches, where he should be provided good service.

CR1

Greenwood is not ready for more than cup games plus substitute appearences. Also, he might go out on loan at some point.

Martial is a very talented player but the jury is still out if he can be a title-challenging forward/striker for us. He can certainly contribute but can he be he main man in terms of his mentality/attitude and consistency?

Rashford I also rate very highly but we need more depth.

James I always felt was a fantastic signing but he's not meant to be carrying the team in his first season even though he's done great.

We let go of both Lukaku and Sánchez in the last transfer window so signing two forwards would not be unreasonable at all. There's theoretically two forward spaces open in the squad and we've seen how we are lacking in depth up front when playing two games a week.

Håland along with Werner (or Sancho of course, but I actually think Timo Werner might be the better option) should be our main transfer target as far as forwards go. Sign them up asap.

In the meantime we should maybe look to bring in a short term stop-gap to give us a Plan B against opposition that sits back. Wilson or Pukki would be my suggestions.

Last edited:

settembrini

He seems to be amazing. One of several good options to look at next summer if Martial doesn't do the business this season.

Handré1990

Greenwood turns 18 in the next couple of weeks I think, and as much as I rate him, certainly a bigger talent than Haaland imo (taking the whole package into account), there’s no guarantee he’ll make it at the top level. To not buy one of the best striker talents out there, who’s delivered beyond belief at the highest level at 19, because we might have a player in that position, isn’t a viable strategy.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Greenwood turns 18 in the next couple of weeks I think, and as much as I rate him, certainly a bigger talent than Haaland imo (taking the whole package into account), there’s no guarantee he’ll make it at the top level. To not buy one of the best striker talents out there, who’s delivered beyond belief at the highest level at 19, because we might have a player in that position, isn’t a viable strategy.
Tbh Greenwood will happily be a 2nd striker. He's got the technique, vision and skill to be a number 10. Haaland is more of a 9 (poacher,target man) so they could happily play together.

We should be aiming to sign him whatever happens.

Handré1990

Tbh Greenwood will happily be a 2nd striker. He's got the technique, vision and skill to be a number 10. Haaland is more of a 9 (poacher,target man) so they could happily play together.

We should be aiming to sign him whatever happens.
Yeah, that’s fair. My point was the same, there’s no good reason not to sign him.

CR1

Ole will need a lot more depth if he's going to implement his high pressing game. For 4-3-3 and two games a week one needs a minimum of five players and ideally probably six.

LF: James/Martial
CF: Håland/Greenwood
RF: Rashford/Werner

Plus like I said, long term we don't know if Martial's may want to move on to Spain or somewhere and Greenwood could perhaps benefit from a loan move. So we could be back to just Rashford and James as our only options again, unless we sign more forwards.

If Martial leaves and Greenwood is loaned out we need a minimum of two new forward signings:

LF: James/Rashford
CF: Håland/Rashford
RF: Werner/Rashford

And like I said I would consider adding Wilson or Pukki to that. One of them should actually already have been brought in at the club when Lukaku and Sánchez left.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Ole will need a lot more depth if he's going to implement his high pressing game. For 4-3-3 and two games a week one needs a minimum of five players and ideally probably six.

LF: James/Martial
CF: Håland/Greenwood
RF: Rashford/Werner

Plus like I said, long term we don't know if Martial's may want to move on to Spain or somewhere and Greenwood could perhaps benefit from a loan move. So we could be back to just Rashford and James as our only options again, unless we sign more forwards.

If Martial leaves and Greenwood is loaned out we need a minimum of two new forward signings:

LF: James/Rashford
CF: Håland/Rashford
RF: Werner/Rashford

And like I said I would consider adding Wilson or Pukki to that. One of them should actually already have been brought in at the club when Lukaku and Sánchez left.
Where is this coming from? Martial just signed a massive long term contract with United.

Zlatattack

We should throw everything and the kitchen sink at signing this kid. Get it done in Jan and let him continue at RB Salzburg for the rest of the season.

arthurka

Greenwood and Halaand are as far from each other as players can get. If there is a chance of signing this guy we should go all out and do it.

Devil81

I'd sign him now with the view to him coming in January, Chelsea did it with the American kid and Liverpool did it with Keita.

The only thing that will happen if we don't act now is his fee will grow and grow.

redshaw

One of those signings that should've happened and should happen but won't.

ICHM

No thanks, a flash in the pan. I would much rather have Kane or Nick Jovic from RM.

Last edited by a moderator:

lurkingfan

No thanks, a flash in the pan. I would much rather have Kane or Nick Jovic from RM.
And how is Jovic doing at RM? Deary me. I think Håland is worth picking up now for 30-40mil. He has the right mentality.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Haaland has played under Solskjaer, has recently praised him in the media and has said he wants to play under him again. You could not be more off base if you tried
I smiled a little bit when I read this. What do you expect him to say? No offense but don’t be naive.

I think Håland and his advisers are smart enough to avoid United as long as Ole is in charge. Stay in Salzburg or move to Leipzig is better for him atm. It would be a really bad carrier move to join one of PL worst managers and a team who’s struggling to make top ten. Maybe he will come in one or two seasons when United has a more competent manager in charge.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I smiled a little bit when I read this. What do you expect him to say? No offense but don’t be naive.

I think Håland and his advisers are smart enough to avoid United as long as Ole is in charge. Stay in Salzburg or move to Leipzig is better for him atm. It would be a really bad carrier move to join one of PL worst managers and a team who’s struggling to make top ten. Maybe he will come in one or two seasons when United has a more competent manager in charge.
Dude, this is Manchester United. Get a grip.

troylocker

I really think you are off on this one. He has massive respect for Ole (Not all share your opinion that Ole isn't a competent manager), and he helped him a lot in his time with Molde.

I think the connection between them could be valuable for us if he decides (and RB is willing to let him go) to move while Ole is here. His only bond with this club will be gone with Ole.

Last edited by a moderator:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
I smiled a little bit when I read this
You probably did not. You just felt that writing it would give you some sort of «condescending edge». It really dont. I’m not sure why you would resort to it. Maybe you dont trust that your arguments would give you enough edge.

These type of remarks, and similar with «laughing emojis», in here is so sad. You can in many cases sense that people are not smiling or laughing at all. Instead they seem tense and frustrated, unable to get their opinion across in a decent manner.

CR1

Where is this coming from? Martial just signed a massive long term contract with United.
Yes but so did the likes Young and Jones. Anyways, its just speculation on my part. I'm just saying that even though he's very talented the jury is out on whether Martial can be the main forward/striker in a title-challenging team due to his mentality. I think that's a fair assessment. But in any case I hope stays.

Fosu-Mens

He can score goals in a functioning attacking system but needs to work on the elements of his games that are relevant outside the 18-yard box. As of now, he is a poacher, and while that might work in a team able to create a number of chances, it will not in a counter-attacking team like ours.

Resch

Haaland:"I have to score more goals!" Scored 2 against Napoli yesterday and told the Media he should have scored 4 or more. Would be nice to have such a striker at United.

Champagne Football

Last summer most fans on here thought we were easily going to sign De Ligt, Thomas Partey, Sancho, Koulibaly and Luka Jovic.

Without top 4 it's probably unlikely we can land Mr. Erling. But for sure with the Ole factor, that most certainly gives small hope.

BarstoolProphet

Håland basically called Ole his father-figure during their time together in Molde.

Champagne Football

It's still too early to make such a childish comment about Ole. Ole is clearly at least 2 top players away from having a team that does not have giant holes in it, whether he can last long enough to get those 2 players remains to be seen.

But if we're judging him by how he manages young players, Daniel James and Scott McTominay have been our 2 best players this season, with Tuanzebe looking like he'll make a big impact too. So in terms of getting the best out of kids, Ole seems to be doing something right.

I'd like to see an Ole team with Zakaria and a top striker added like Erling or Moussa Dembele before we can truly judge.

meamth

My eyes bleed reading this.

Yeah mate, pick Salzburg over United any day.

You'd be dumbest footballer to deny United when they are crying for a striker.

Join here, be a world renowned star. Just like that.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And how is Jovic doing at RM? Deary me. I think Håland is worth picking up now for 30-40mil. He has the right mentality.
Why do some fans on here think clubs will sell to United for ridiculously low fees?

30-40m? Why in the world would Salzburg do that deal? That money doesn’t get close to buying you a top talent now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why do some fans on here think clubs will sell to United for ridiculously low fees?

30-40m? Why in the world would Salzburg do that deal? That money doesn’t get close to buying you a top talent now.
Just because PL clubs are loaded doesn't mean every club is loaded with shit loads of money. 30-40 million would be record breaking deal for Austrian league player.

lysglimt

Scout

This could possibly be the dumbest thing I have read in a long time.

lysglimt

Scout
We don't want to miss another De Ligt/Joao Felix level talent do we?

This is the player we have to sign moving forward, no matter what the cost.
Ok - but if this turn into an auction where other clubs are willing to pay £80-90 million ? In our current position - unless we have £200 million+ available for transfers - he will be too expensive.