Erling Håland

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
he does seem to know where to be to score! we don't have that at the moment but I had no idea he was such a "large unit"! Depending on cost, he might be a better bet than some of the other names being banded around

troylocker

Goal or assist every 39 minutes is pretty decent for a 19 year old. Isn't it?
I read in another thread here that Martial delivered a goal or assist every 160 minutes in his first season here when he was 19 (his best season here in numbers btw), and got praised for that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I read in another thread here that Martial delivered a goal or assist every 160 minutes in his first season here when he was 19 (his best season here in numbers btw), and got praised for that.
And deserved it. It's slighly different playing in the weak league that Halaand is. Yes his CL numbers are impressive but let's see how he does in a top league at a big club with high expectations. Also he's a goalscorer. Martial has always been a completed forward with exceptional qualities on the ball. Hence he's played as a winger too.

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Resch, you're from Salzburg; What does the Salzburgers think about this guy? Have you ever had a bigger talent in the league before?
Definitely had bigger talents in Austria before, Matthias Sindelar spent his entire career playing in Austria and Håland isn't going to be one of the 50 or so greatest players in the history of game.

If you mean in recent years, then ... yeah, he's definitely near the top of the list. Mane & Keita were huge talents, but maybe not as polished as
Håland is already. Guys like Alaba and Kovačić were born in Austria but never featured in the Bundesliga (Alaba was at Bayern by the time he was 16, Kovačić was like 12 or 13 when he went to Zagreb).

Stookie

Nurse bell end
It’s amazing. Awesome stats those are.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
It’s amazing. Awesome stats those are.
Yes, they are. In particular, I think his CL stats are remarkable. But those are such a small sample size. So his league stats are probably more telling.

But it is worth remembering that Salzburg average approx 4 goals a game in the league. If they played the same amount of games as in PL they would probably score more than 150 goals. The level in Austria is good, but significantly below PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and Ligue 1. Probably even below Portugal, Holland, Russia and Belgium, ref http://clubelo.com/.

1,5 goals per game is insane at that age anyway, and it amount to approx 37,5 % of his teams goal (when he is on the pitch). That is similar to Vardy and Abrahams «share contribution to their team» in the PL.

I understand that he, given age, pace and frame, is a great prospect. But it is very difficult to compare him to players who had played 20-30 + games at a much higher level at that age.

A9X SJ

I'd say he's worth the gamble before we miss out on him, Ole has worked with him previously so may have some incentive to come here