Erling Haaland | Dortmund player

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
His number are even more insane in CL.

Topscorer last CL season.
2nd UCL top scorer in 2020 behind only Lewandowski.
Scoring those against Sevilla was pretty good, but Lazio, Brügge and St. Petersburg aren’t really that great, right? No doubt if he was playing in the PL he wouldn’t get these numbers. He’s exceptional, obviously, but it’s still the perfect plan to use Dortmund as a stepping stone.

Powerhouser

Supports
Bayern Munich
Scoring those against Sevilla was pretty good, but Lazio, Brügge and St. Petersburg aren’t really that great, right? No doubt if he was playing in the PL he wouldn’t get these numbers. He’s exceptional, obviously, but it’s still the perfect plan to use Dortmund as a stepping stone.
Why wouldnt he get these numbers in the PL? Salah broke the all time record and he never scored more than 15 in Italy.
It really depends on who hes going to play for, PL teams arent as good going forward as Dortmund, apart from Liverpool and City and maybe United this season.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
the buyout clause is about 75 Million Euros. That is really cheap for him but it was impossible to get him without giving that clause. But hey: having the best striker of the future for 2 1/2 years and getting on top a win of 55 Million Euros is not bad for a selling club
I am sure he will have done well for you in the meantime. You will find a way to reinvest I reckon.

adriano144

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I am sure he will have done well for you in the meantime. You will find a way to reinvest I reckon.
i think so. I really hope he is going to join United. He would be that little peace which takes you on another Level. The final one for Championships.

by the way: sorry im my english is not really good.

Chief123

He would be the leading scorer in the premier league if the supply is right.

Scoring those against Sevilla was pretty good, but Lazio, Brügge and St. Petersburg aren’t really that great, right?
4 against Genk, 3 against Napoli, 2 against PSG and 1 against Liverpool in 19/20. 10 In 524 minutes, most of the minutes for a small Austrian club. Also 3 against Bayern Munchen in BL last season. He scores no matter who the opposition is.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do you think strikers rack up their silly numbers against the top teams? Salah's top 3 victims in terms of goals per game are West Ham, Bournemouth and Watford.

Haaland scored 6 in 3 against Leipzig, 4 in 4 against Bayern and Gladbach, 4 in 2 against Sevilla. 3 in 3 against Napoli.

It still made sense for him to join Dortmund first, because they guaranteed him a key role in a very productive setup when bigger clubs might have tried to easy him in more slowly or put undroppable players in front of him (Juventus/Ronaldo), but you don't get very far when trying to discredit him based on his victims. He does it against anyone.

Last edited:

TrustInOle

Is it me or does he seem even faster now? When he has the ball he is like a powerhouse with speed, hope we try everything to get him next year! Phenomenal performance.

MadMike

The reason why I really wanted us to get rid of some of our surplus players this summer (Lingard, Pereira, Matic and James) was to use the funds to buy a DM this summer.

And the reason why I wanted the DM this summer was not only to further bolster our chances of a title push this season, but also because I want us to go balls deep for Haaland next summer and spunk all next year's budget on him.

Cause he'll probably cost well above 100m when Lukaku and Grealish cost that much.

Last edited:

bosskeano

He won't be going to chelsea....city look dead set on trying to buy Kane so he won't go there

seems like the main clubs vying for him are munich, juve, madrid and united

i suspect he will want to play outside of germany and if Juve don't resign Ronaldo they'll make a bid for him but if he resigns then i don't see Haaland going to Juve.

Madrid could try to sign both he and mbappe next summer considering mbappe comes on a free transfer but that would be two massive contracts

United look to be in great shape because they can afford him PLUS he would walk into the starting XI as the #9 playing with Sancho and Rashford or Greenwood.

SprintTriathlon

Is it me or does he seem even faster now? When he has the ball he is like a powerhouse with speed, hope we try everything to get him next year! Phenomenal performance.
I saw some stats during the match, him being the fastest with 35.9 kph (high 35 anyway). He had 36.04 against Stuttgart in april, the fastest player in Bundesliga all season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He won't be going to chelsea....city look dead set on trying to buy Kane so he won't go there

seems like the main clubs vying for him are munich, juve, madrid and united

i suspect he will want to play outside of germany and if Juve don't resign Ronaldo they'll make a bid for him but if he resigns then i don't see Haaland going to Juve.

Madrid could try to sign both he and mbappe next summer considering mbappe comes on a free transfer but that would be two massive contracts

United look to be in great shape because they can afford him PLUS he would walk into the starting XI as the #9 playing with Sancho and Rashford or Greenwood.
Don't underestimate the lure and power of BM in the transfer market. Does depend a hell of a lot on how they do under Julian the wonder boy though

MadMike

Don't underestimate the lure and power of BM in the transfer market. Does depend a hell of a lot on how they do under Julian the wonder boy though
Both BM and United can offer something the other can't.

Bayern can offer certainty. Almost guaranteed league titles (9 in a row currently), guaranteed CL participation and good runs into that competition with QFs almost guaranteed as well. United have not been anywhere near that stable since Fergie left, in EPL or Europe.

On the other hand United can offer the most challenging and competitive league at the moment, unpredictability and uncertainty (if that's your thing) and probably the better financial package especially if Pogba leaves.

If Haaland wants to get more medals, Bayern is certainly the safer choice. But he might regret not trying his powers in a more competitive league than the Bundesliga.

Last edited:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I saw some stats during the match, him being the fastest with 35.9 kph (high 35 anyway). He had 36.04 against Stuttgart in april, the fastest player in Bundesliga all season.
For his size, it's incredible, but isn't Alphonso Davies the fastest player there?

SprintTriathlon

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'd love him, he's a one off, but no idea how he'd fit in.
You put him as a striker and he feeds off Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford and breaks all EPL records.

Marwood

You put him as a striker and he feeds off Bruno, Pogba, Greenwood, Sancho and Rashford and breaks all EPL records.
It'd be amazing but you can't have all them. You couldn't keep them happy.

It also decides Greenwood is forever a right sided player which is a big decision.

Josh 76

If Utd win either the PL or CL this season, then Haaland is a dead cert next season.

The profile of the club after wining either of them two trophies will get it over the line.

(not saying the profile of the club is not big enough now)

Chief123

You sound like a proper bitter fan. Ahh yes Shalke supporter.

If it’s not that impressive, why are other strikers in Europe not delivering the same numbers? They get to play against weaker teams too right?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It'd be amazing but you can't have all them. You couldn't keep them happy.

It also decides Greenwood is forever a right sided player which is a big decision.
Five players for four positions? I think we’d cope.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We should sign him in this season by giving VDB/Amad on loan.
I'm sure that sounds a lot better to Dortmund than 130-150m from Chelsea. Especially as he's just scored two and assisted two today.

Marwood

Five players for four positions? I think we’d cope.
6 with Haaland is it not? Him, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno. Then there's Amad we've invested heavily in.

It's not just the numbers either. Everyone talks about rotation but clubs don't really change the front four that much. Certainly not enough to keep happy players of this profile want to play every week.

To get Haaland you'd have to make some big decisions on one or two of the existing players.

Erm, in the striker position where we need a striker?
Greenwood then a confirmed right sided player? Which means Sancho goes where?

DickDastardly

Freak of nature.

Looks like a young Arnold and plays like a young Arnold in a certain Terminator movie.

Cut his hair, dress him in leather, throw his ass over a HD fatboy and bring him to OT.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Only had an assist against City in the knockout stages so no bigbad team to play that season, but season before that he netted two against PSG with Dortmund and , 1 against Liverpool and 3 against Napoli with Salzburg. You can only play the team on the pitch.

Last season he scored 3 against Bayern, 2 against Leipzig, etc. There's no real indicators that any different league is going to have a net negative impact on his scoring. Sure having historically better teams in the top4 is a difference, but EL teams teams routinely get knocked out by average european competition, so the level isnt THAT much higher in the Premier League compared to the Bundesliga, contrary to popular opinion.

The only striker better in world football is Lewandowski himself

retired_muppet

I'm sure that sounds a lot better to Dortmund than 130-150m from Chelsea. Especially as he's just scored two and assisted two today.
Probably Dortmund will be open if we offer guaranteed 90 million Euro transfer fee or whatever fee that's slightly higher than the release clause and loan haaland back to them for another season.

That'd mean they get higher than release clause fee and 1 more season of Haaland. for United that'd mean we'll avoid bidding war with other clubs who can give mino the highest fee.

I'm not sure Haaland camp will open to this idea though. The player and the agent can get much higher fee and salary next year compared to this year.

hungrywing

Things could get interesting if Mason scores around twenty five+ this season and we seriously have to entertain that 'Haaland-would-just-block-Greenwood's-development' thing.

6 with Haaland is it not? Him, Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, Bruno. Then there's Amad we've invested heavily in.

It's not just the numbers either. Everyone talks about rotation but clubs don't really change the front four that much. Certainly not enough to keep happy players of this profile want to play every week.

To get Haaland you'd have to make some big decisions on one or two of the existing players.

Greenwood then a confirmed right sided player? Which means Sancho goes where?
4-4-2 (4-1-3-2)

-----------------------Back four----------------------
------------------Proverbial CDM------------------
-------------------------Bruno--------------------------
Sancho Greenwood Haaland Rashford

The midfield would get overrun but on the other hand it would only happen once or twice per match because the entire other team would be under strict orders not to set foot out of their own box.

On a more serious note, you can get six players around 3800 minutes in a sixty game season across four positions, (providing you go deep in all the cups).

Say realistically around 3500 minutes per player, the equivalent of around forty starts. SAF seems to have tried to give them around that. Regarding rotation, 'member when SAF would put out "those lineups" that made everyone scream and holler and rend their garments.

Rooney, for example, had like around 3000-3500 minutes most seasons, even though it feels like he started every single match. (Probably would have been 3500-4000 without the injuries, of course.)

The problem would be Bruno "playing every match" meaning five players for three positions (or six if you count Martial and seven if you count Amad, as you pointed out). If Ole and the staff can handle the minute-planning so that Pogba gets some of Bruno's minutes (and the latter gets some freakin' rest every now and then) it's not un-doable, I think.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I love Mase but suggestions he has more to his game than Haaland are absolutely rubbish. This guy is a completely different beast and has no serious weakness. He's really absurd.
That's simply not true. His left foot is quite weak, and he could be a lot better at heading the ball. And despite of this he is already absolutely world class.

Suedesi

Ole needs to use some Norwegian sorcery to get this guy at OT. FFS he can't go to City or Chelesa or Bayern or even Real Madrid.

EDIT: Assuming Juve/Barca are out of contention

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

He'll break the single season goal-scoring record in the Prem once we sign him.

He's a monster of a player.