Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holters

Fjørtoft is STILL thinking he is German-bound when on a plane to Manchester. WTF?

He must be paid by the Haaland's to deliberately give false information, or he is the most ITK i've ever saw.

Or just plain bad at this.
To be fair, Haaland has also visited clubs in Germany... He might just be visiting all interested clubs and then make up his mind.

Meep

He's flying Norwegian, which means a regular passenger plane. Probably someone at the airport tipping the media off.

We can't even afford to send a private jet. How far have we fallen?! Liverpool would send a private jet. Because they are the best.
The club surely has some environmental guidelines nowadays? Norwegians are fuelled with viking power.

mav_9me

Can't quite get excited by this. Not the player we need in my mind.
I hear you but this does not mean that we won't sign others.

Even if we don't I am excited to get a striker who wants to be the one to tap in goals.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
To be fair, Haaland has also visited clubs in Germany... He might just be visiting all interested clubs and then make up his mind.
That’s almost certainly what’s happening. Hot young players in high demand do things like this often.

Odegaard visited Arsenal and Liverpool before he signed for Madrid, for example.

It’s positive news, mind.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Feck it, play 4-4-Fecking2 and have him and Martial up front. I don't care if it doesn't work, just line up with it.
Would love to see 4-4-2 again, especially against mid-bottom table clubs. It'll work me thinks.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Ole should unveil him in his press conference.

elánius

I didn't say He is. I asked you was Lukaku a CL top scorer at some point when He was 19? Because Halaand was after 4 match days in CL. Seven goals in four matches, above Robert fecking Lewandowski (even now, He's only 2 behind Lewa). That is an impressive number for someone his age, in such a high level competition.

Those numbers in how many minutes / matches? If Haaland is only comparable to Lukaku then We might as well never sign a young player anymore out of fear that They'll not live up to expectations. In that case our manager shouldn't be Ole. Just buy old players that's a bit better than Lukaku like Mandzukic. The point of signing youngsters with talents is to develop them further. And to be fair Lukaku type of striker isn't bad, as long as He doesn't have such a horrid first touch and can actually play modern football than hoof football.
Dude at some point Sardar Azmoun was top scorer at CL. They score many goals as a team (only one game they didnt score this season and it was the second game against Liverpool in CL last week). He is good striker, no doubt about that, but he scored half of his goals against Gent and more than 1/3 in one game. Its pretty soon to judge him based on those games.

I never said that he is only comparable to Lukaku, I just said that he is similar type of a striker and I believe I am right, even though many people says the complete oppossite right now. Austrian league (believe me, Austria is our neighbour) is tier potato, its even worse than our (Czech) league and that really means something. :D I have no problem with signing like that, I just dont understand why we sold Lukaku 4 months ago to buy a similar type of player from austrian league. Lukaku was proven striker at the top level, but Halands is not and to be honest, we are not in the position to give pople time. We need to get better right now.

Judas

Open to offers
Feel a bit bad for miserable souls who can't get excited about this possibility. We've needed a striker like him, I'd be delighted if this does happen.

Maybe we'll actually have a great winter window?!

Wheato

Can't quite get excited by this. Not the player we need in my mind.
He is exactly what we need. He is much more than a six yard area tap in merchant, he scores a variety of goals, he is quick, strong, can hold up, play others in, and most of all is his attitude. He busts a gut to be on the end of a cross. He is always making himself available, constantly on the move. It the recent Everton game, where Martial was having a day off on the pitch, we were crossing ball's in, but there wasn't anyone challenging for it. When was the last time that we actually scored from a corner. I can easily see Haaland ousting Martial to the bench, and becoming our number 1 striker. If he scores a goal a game he will.

hungrywing

Probably a good idea for someone to go find Woodward and distract him for however long the visit takes. Tie him up and leave him in a walk-in vault so he's not unhappy.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
IF it is true that he wants to go where he is first no9 option then we will not sign him.
In Dortmund he is nailed starter and will play every week. In United he is backup(rotation) option. We all know how big snowflake is Martial and he will not accept to be in rotation with Haaland.
I know what all of you will say; feck Martial, let him fight for his spot, he is payed a lot etc..and i agree with that but in reality if Haaland becomes our first choice striker that will be the end of Martial in this club.

We must have 2 strikers where one will accept to be second option or in best scenario where both are mentaly strong to fight for that spot(and in another case, to be on the bench and wait their chance).
Having 2 strikers who think "first 11 or i will cry" is not good.
Shh!

youngrell

I wanna join in and go full muppet but didn’t he grow up around the Manchester area? Could be coming for loads of different reasons.

But it’s definitely to sign for us, obvs.

Status
Not open for further replies.