Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

So true. When did a player sign for United via anything over than private plane?

Why would he fly in now anyway when the window isn't open yet?
I agree with the first point, but Liverpool just had Minamino fly in and sign

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I'll be honest I don't get your logic. Because its a big story in Norway to go to Utd that's why he should? I'm confused.
Yes. If Liverpool or United come calling for a Norwegian player, it's different. The PL has more clout to Norwegians than the Bundesliga.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Crap, always late for a party, missed the flight tracker. Maybe good thing. Last one I followed did f...all for United. Bastian..
Anyway, Ole is not going to say done deal, before talks with player and his father, what if it goes bad, and no deal? He would look pretty stupid if he said done deal before. And he proved before he knows how to play media people, say a lot without saying much.
Where have you been!

SteveW

So true. When did a player last sign for United via anything over than private plane?

Same as Minawhatever. To get it sorted for Jan 1st. Have my doubts though

hungrywing

OK but you can say this about any answer.
Uh, no, you can't. Since it's specifically regarding the 'not through me' part.

So Ole has said something to suggest the trip is unrelated to the club but you're saying he could be lying.
Uh, no. This brief exchange started from a post where I say he could be telling the truth in every single 'got nothin' to do with me' response he gave at the presser and it doesn't necessarily conflict with Halaand coming just to visit/tour the club.

Fosu-Mens

This is true, we need a big improvement in creating chances, but James has been throwing great balls into the box and no ones been there to finish them off, thats where Haaland comes in.
Haven’t we all been lambasting Rashford and Martial for not getting on the end of James’ numerous crosses across the front of goal?

Haaland may be the guy to poke them home.
Martial drops deep to help in the build-up given that our midfielders are not really good on the ball or at passing between the lines and our no. 10 is trying to hide and our fullbacks can't attack. James is rarely able to put in those crosses against a balanced defense and similar to Rashford dependent on space to be efficient. Getting a poacher in will not make us better in counter-attacking situations nor improve our chance creations in non-transition situations... The only way I see this strengthening us is if Martial is played deeper, but then again we will have some major issues when not on the ball...

Judas

Open to offers
Martial drops deep to help in the build-up given that our midfielders are not really good on the ball or at passing between the lines and our no. 10 is trying to hide and our fullbacks can't attack. James is rarely able to put in those crosses against a balanced defense and similar to Rashford dependent on space to be efficient. Getting a poacher in will not make us better in counter-attacking situations nor improve our chance creations in non-transition situations... The only way I see this strengthening us is if Martial is played deeper, but then again we will have some major issues when not on the ball...
I don't think Martial playing deeper is going to help anything at all, but this isn't the thread for that.

fergosaurus

Trying not to get sucked in but it looks like it's happening. :drool: Would be great to get this done early with minimal fuss.

hungrywing

Trying not to get sucked in but it looks like it's happening. :drool: Would be great to get this done early with minimal fuss.
Did you miss the part where it turned out he wasn't on the plane and the thread let out a collective sigh.

So true. When did a player last sign for United via anything over than private plane?

Actually crossed my mind to ask that earlier. I'd bet a hefty sum that someone out there has stats on how many of our signings flew in by private/commercial and another person out there has those stats for all major clubs.

Tarrou

Can someone who saw the presser confirm. Did Ole explicitly confirm Haaland was coming to Manchester?

RamblingRebel

Hitler dead!
Supports
Burnley
Just watched the press conference and Ole looked very upbeat before it started. Grinning like a cat that got the cream he was. Looked like he was telling porkies too about not knowing about Haaland coming, but then went on to say that he knows the lad, and his friends (his son is around the same age no, and could be buddies?) and that they are going on a Christmas holiday. He did mention a few times about nothing being set in stone yet, with regards to other transfers, which seemed to be an odd turn of phrase to me...He couldve just trotted out the usual nothing to report, There is something going on I reckon, but he's just here to have a look round and see if Martial is up to much in training before he steals his place!
:lol:

Oh and for the haters.....he did say it's like having 4 new players in the team with the injured players almost ready! :lol:

Rooney24

No photos of him at Manchester Airport then? Would have thought something would have surfaced by now.

Madzik_92

Have you guys seen Simon Peach instastory? He just posted a cartoon-like Haaland near the Carrington signboard.

ArjenIsM3

Can someone who saw the presser confirm. Did Ole explicitly confirm Haaland was coming to Manchester?
He confirmed he wasn't.

“I don't think he [Haaland] is en route here to be fair,” Ole said at his press conference, ahead of the game with Watford.

“Not through me, anyway.

”Well, he's not coming to Manchester... because, well... I know the boy and I know his friends. He's on a Christmas holiday.

“You can't fly anywhere from Stavanger, can you? So you need to go via [somewhere].

”You know I can't comment on other teams' players. I've said that many a time.

“That's just one of those things in this job - you get so much speculation all the time.”

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
First Ole says he doesn't know where Haaland is going. Then he says he knows him and his family etc and he is just going somewhere via Manchester. Liar liar! Can body language experts fill me in about Ole's behaviour in press conference while answering 'them questions'?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
No photos of him at Manchester Airport then? Would have thought something would have surfaced by now.
Maybe he was on the plane dressed as 78 year old man with a mask like Tom Cruise had in MI movie?!
Noone noticed him, as he passed next to press people shaking and relaying on kane. Not Harry.

I will stop now, promise.

Acquire Me

I just texted a friend of mine who works at Sola. He should be pretty easy to spot imo.

I can’t help it, I love muppet season :nervous:

Castia

Ole knows.

He would have denied interest if he thought this deal wasn’t happening.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Salzburg don't have any fixtures until February. There's no real reason for him to be there right now as a lot of the players and staff have gone for a break. I imagine this is just a trip back to see his family in Leeds and nothing more.

fergosaurus

Still more realistic than me. I'm choosing to believe the Scott Harrington guy is a deep cover 00 agent assigned with Halaand's security while in transit.
Sounds plausible enough to me. Off to watch a Haaland compilation vid on youtube while listening to a bit of Marvin Gaye music.

Status
Not open for further replies.