Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest thing I'd be excited about with him is that (unless he loses all football instincts like half our signings), he'll be making those varied runs when James delivers low crosses into the box. l'm still fuming at that moment when he drove one in after outpacing Baines and only one person was in the box (Rashford at the back post)

gregor

My heart will bleed for Martial if we sign Haaland. Poor lad, what did he ever do to deserve this? :(
He would still get enough games. His best games have anyway been when he was playing from left.

So we should get Haaland, RW and two midfielders.:wenger:

LW: Rashford, Martial
ST: Haaland, Greenwood
RW: Sancho:drool:, James

Josep Dowling

My heart will bleed for Martial if we sign Haaland. Poor lad, what did he ever do to deserve this? :(
Not perform week in week out? He’s so inconsistent. At 24 years old if he is still inconsistent the chances are he will remain that way for the rest of his career.

mu4c_20le

Scenes when he arrives and ends up just as inconsistent as Martial and produces the same output as Minamino who cost a fraction of the price.

yo@Kirk

Surely Haaland knows he can walk into the 1st choice #9 role after watching today's match. Ole needs to get his teammate, Hwang, in as well to play CAM. Lingard, Mata, and Pereira couldn't come close to Hwang's CL production. Greenwood is to good on the ball to be left out of the starting lineup. In Ole's 4-2-3-1 formation, Haaland at CF with Rashford at LAM, Hwang at CAM, and Greenwood at RAM would provide the attacking quality to score goals against teams that set up like Everton did today, imho.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
And how sure are we about this?
Hearsay and all, but from what I've heard, Salzburg put lowish release clauses in all their players contracts.
Apparently they think it's an incentive to the players to say, perform out of your skin for us, and we won't stand in your way.

I know it sounds weird, but thats what I heard, although I can't say for sure he has a release clause :lol:

Fosu-Mens

Hearsay and all, but from what I've heard, Salzburg put lowish release clauses in all their players contracts.
Apparently they think it's an incentive to the players to say, perform out of your skin for us, and we won't stand in your way.

I know it sounds weird, but thats what I heard, although I can't say for sure he has a release clause :lol:
That's what I've heard as well. Just wondered if it was confirmed directly from a reliable source.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Haaland would never have signed a contract and gotten himself into a situation where Salzburg can hold him ransom to a outrageous bid. Salzubrg was always a stepping stone, not a destination. Plus several media outlets of repute have reported on this clause. And on top of that Salzburg is about to sell another player with a low release clause. So it stands to reason that yes, he does have a release clause.

It is my understanding that Manchester United have triggered this release clause and will sign Haaland in January. He's been promised a starring role alongside Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Surely Haaland knows he can walk into the 1st choice #9 role after watching today's match. Ole needs to get his teammate, Hwang, in as well to play CAM. Lingard, Mata, and Pereira couldn't come close to Hwang's CL production. Greenwood is to good on the ball to be left out of the starting lineup. In Ole's 4-2-3-1 formation, Haaland at CF with Rashford at LAM, Hwang at CAM, and Greenwood at RAM would provide the attacking quality to score goals against teams that set up like Everton did today, imho.
Good thing Paul Pogba is returning to play in a week or two then.

Fosu-Mens

Haaland would never have signed a contract and gotten himself into a situation where Salzburg can hold him ransom to a outrageous bid. Salzubrg was always a stepping stone, not a destination. Plus several media outlets of repute have reported on this clause. And on top of that Salzburg is about to sell another player with a low release clause. So it stands to reason that yes, he does have a release clause.

It is my understanding that Manchester United have triggered this release clause and will sign Haaland in January. He's been promised a starring role alongside Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.
Ok. So the previously rumoured £25m-£30m price is most likely correct?

mu4c_20le

The media had been reporting that Salzburg wants 70m for him until recently, the release clause has only been mentioned by tabloids like dailymail and dodgy sites like tribal. I'll only believe it when reputable sources start talking about it, or we see him sitting next to Ole with a pen in hand.

Tony247

Greenwood more than Martial.

If we can get 60m for lazy, injury prone, incosistent martial then it would be a good business overall.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The media had been reporting that Salzburg wants 70m for him until recently, the release clause has only been mentioned by tabloids like dailymail and dodgy sites like tribal. I'll only believe it when reputable sources start talking about it, or we see him sitting next to Ole with a pen in hand.
As far as I know it was actually Bild and Sport Bild who first reported of a clause. And given his visit to Germany I'm inclined to believe them, because Leipzig and Dortmund usually aren't the kind of clubs who would enter a bidding war.

ROFLUTION

My problem with it comes from a fear of the same happening to Greenwood, as has happened with Martial.

When Martial came he was an ice cold finisher, and then got stuck out wide. He's not developed as we'd all have hoped, and I feel that's partly due to shifting position a lot in his time with us.

This year its not much of a problem, but long term Greenwood needs to play up top when he gets his minutes rather than shunting him wide. (We also still need to add to our RW in the summer) which would eat even further into his playing time.

We'll see how it plays out anyways, as this is a signing I expect us to make
Why? His force is clearly cutting in and taking shots like he did so well today. Greenwood isn't physical and we've yet to see him being super good off the ball, so he'd suffer from the same things that makes Martial invisible up front sometimes.

mu4c_20le

As far as I know it was actually Bild and Sport Bild who first reported of a clause. And given his visit to Germany I'm inclined to believe them, because Leipzig and Dortmund usually aren't the kind of clubs who would enter a bidding war.
Interesting, cheers

Red_toad

Could have done with someone like him who’s willing to make runs into the box today. Our wide players simply had no one to cross to.

TheReligion

Abusive
The comments from Ole are very positive. I'm quietly confident this is a done deal. First Ole meets the kids family and him, secondly he comes out and publicly says that the player knows what he wants to do and where to go in January.

Given the history between Ole and him and what's happening now this seems nailed on. Great signing.

Josep Dowling

Are you ITK?

Josep Dowling

There is no way Salzburg will get £70m for him. The club probably isn’t worth that much. I expect he will go for a lot less.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well they signed him for something like 2m this summer, and he wasn't exactly a big name until this summer when he scored 9 in the young world cup match.

Minamino who Liverpool have signed also has a 7m release clause, so if they have a low clause for him, I don't see why 20m release clause for Haaland sounds unreasonable. They probably didn't expect his rapid rise like this either.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not sure that sounds positive for us.
I would've thought Ole would distance himself from a prospective move for Haland if he had snubbed us but he didn't. Simon Stone also reports that United have refused to comfirm if they have made a offer for the player which is also telling imo.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It sounded more negative to me as well, maybe it sounds better in print but Ole seemed to say it with an air of resignation. Maybe reading too much into that, but it didn’t look promising from where I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.