Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

More or less that he wants to go to United, but that he's open to go many places. It's been reported interest over here from Juventus, Bayern Munchen, Dortmund, RB Leipzig & United, unless I remember wrong.
Solskjær is constantly written about though, he's the biggest legend of Norwegians within the world of football working at the most supported club in Norway so the media will naturally gravitate towards writings about one of the bigger talents from Norway going to United.
Yeah, and when Norwegian media has their own sources (e.g. not from another outlet) they are usually quite credible.

One of them said Raiola advised him to not go directly to EPL just yet though.

What I’m actually abit afraid of is that if we snub Haaland from Dortmund they won’t sell us Sancho. Maybe it’s the other way around though - we lay off Haaland and then get Sancho.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just watched the clip and I too think it means he knocked us back. Although today has been proper shit so I might think differently tomorrow :)

Just lie FFS!

“yes, yes you’re going to start. Now sign the damn contract!”
The demanding a starting stop argument is always a daft one, I'm sure Moise Kean demanded something like that, it's mean jack shit so every manager in the World that wants a player would just say "yeah sure mate, cause, first name on the teamsheet... now just sign here".

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Yeah, and when Norwegian media has their own sources (e.g. not from another outlet) they are usually quite credible.

One of them said Raiola advised him to not go directly to EPL just yet though.
Yeah. I'd agree with that. But it's always important to see when it's just glorified think-piece and when it's been some sort of leak/information given. Morten Pedersen for example is notorious for doing opinion-pieces out of very little information and stating them as news breaking inside-information.

Rajat Jain

Ah did he say it on air? Would like to see the clip.

I agree in any case, if he'd have got him he'd have thrown in a compliment or two. Maybe his flight to visit was a last ditch attempt to change his mind.
It is somewhat clear from his demeanour that he has decided to sign for another club. He wouldn't have sounded cold for an incoming player.
If I had to bet my money, it would probably on Mandzukic or no signing in Jan.

Bratt

What’s the consensus from the Noggie press?
No consensus really, the two biggest newspapers, VG and dagbladet both runs with the “he knows what he’s doing” story, and both of them link to sunday mirror saying that Haaland has chosen United.

TV2 - the tv channel who shows all PL matches in Norway, also has a short interview with him today, where he says almost exactly the same as in the press conference:
“It’s a lot of speculation, and you know I won’t comment on that, but Erling has had a fantastic career at Salzburg, and he knows what he wants to do.” (Translated)

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Are you ITK?
I'd prefer not to answer that, but I'll be careful to not word anything I say as being factual, just my opinion.

I'll just say this though. Erling got Oles number. There is no reason for OGS to travel there for a persuasion meeting, especially a short one. Alf Inge Haaland visited carrington earlier this year. I believe he will sign for us in January and that Ole has been convincing enough regarding his playtime. Future strengthening of the squad has also been a topic that's had some relevance.

It should be mentioned that Haaland took quite some time to break Salzburg's starting XI. 6 months or so. He does not join a club for a guaranteed spot, no one will ever give a teenager that. But they can and will promise frequent playtime, and that we can offer in spades.

Rajat Jain

:lol:

You lot are hilarious, body language and facial expression experts the lot of you.
Not an expert but he would have said a word or two about the player if something was positive, that's probably the general trend.
On a different note, is there anyone similar on the market except Mandzukic in case we miss out on Haaland?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I'd prefer not to answer that, but I'll be careful to not word anything I say as being factual, just my opinion.

I'll just say this though. Erling got Oles number. There is no reason for OGS to travel there for a persuasion meeting, especially a short one. Alf Inge Haaland visited carrington earlier this year. I believe he will sign for us in January and that Ole has been convincing enough regarding his playtime. Future strengthening of the squad has also been a topic that's had some relevance.

It should be mentioned that Haaland took quite some time to break Salzburg's starting XI. 6 months or so. He does not join a club for a guaranteed spot, no one will ever give a teenager that. But they can and will promise frequent playtime, and that we can offer in spades.
‘Got his number’ doesn’t mean squat.

Aaron Ramsey was convinced to sign for Arsenal because Wenger personally met him and his family. Utd sent Giggs because Fergie thought it would be enough.

Sometimes going that extra mile ...literally, helps

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
‘Got his number’ doesn’t mean squat.

Aaron Ramsey was convinced to sign for Arsenal because Wenger personally met him and his family. Utd sent Giggs because Fergie thought it would be enough.

Sometimes going that extra mile ...literally, helps
I understand that, but they have a pre-existing relationship. Ole and Alf Inge Haalands dad are friend and have known eachother for at least 20 years. This isn't a new relationship that need rekindling, they are on first name basis and everyone know each other well. The point is that, with that being the background, a convincing meeting is not something you need, you can pick up and call your friend if you are not interested. Oles meeting was likely only to outline the details they had already agreed on and shake hands.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I understand that, but they have a pre-existing relationship. Ole and Alf Inge Haalands dad are friend and have known eachother for at least 20 years. This isn't a new relationship that need rekindling, they are on first name basis and everyone know each other well. The point is that, with that being the background, a convincing meeting is not something you need, you can pick up and call your friend if you are not interested. Oles meeting was likely only to outline the details they had already agreed on and shake hands.
Righty Oh then

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I agree with you Cato on this subject even if you sometimes over exaggerate or over complicate things a little bit.

Team Haaland obviously feels safe and confident with having a friend as their counter part and manager so I don’t think Ole has to promise anything outside the normal.

If we offer the best deal then we don’t have to worry. Ole together with the most promising young Norwegian talent in the same team will put the whole Norwegian country on overdrive. Only his local sponsor deals will make him a multi millionaire in £. You can easy compare his commercial potential to Zlatan and the figures are unreal. If Erling sign with us he's independent for the rest of his life, that’s hard to turn down even if you have wealthy parents.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I agree with you Cato on this subject even if you sometimes over exaggerate or over complicate things a little bit.

Team Haaland obviously feels safe and confident with having a friend as their counter part and manager so I don’t think Ole has to promise anything outside the normal.

If we offer the best deal then we don’t have to worry. Ole together with the most promising young Norwegian talent in the same team will put the whole Norwegian country on overdrive. Only his local sponsor deals will make him a multi millionaire in £. You can easy compare his commercial potential to Zlatan and the figures are unreal. If Erling sign with us he's independent for the rest of his life, that’s hard to turn down even if you have wealthy parents.
Is Ole going to Real or is Ødegaard coming here?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
None of those two can play 10. I'm the opposite. We don't need to sign him this January. We can do it in the summer.

This January, we need a #10 or someone creative to be in the front four.
Agree, the midfield needs urgent attention aswell as the left back position.

Dve

Haaland is coming to United. Ole would be a terrible poker player, and his fool smile when asked about Haaland, is not to be mistaken. Also the way he´s wording it: "I don´t comment on any speculations (although my smile says I´m bursting to, so I telling some anyway). Haaland knows what he wants to do (join United), and what he is going to do (follow his heart, not Raiola´s advice, and join United).

talking robot

Get this one done asap. It'll give a lift to the club over the Christmas period, and at 20 million it's a no brainer. Add a number 10, a clear improvement on Lindelof at CB, and a ball playing DM, and we'll be looking like a very strong outfit. For LB, I think Williams will pull ahead of Shaw, and between the two we're sorted. RB is sorted as well.

Dve

Not an expert but he would have said a word or two about the player if something was positive, that's probably the general trend.
On a different note, is there anyone similar on the market except Mandzukic in case we miss out on Haaland?
He absolutely did. Not through words, but if it was decided that Haaland was going to Germany, Ole would not have been sitting there with that smile. I think it´s done deal.

mav_9me

Not sure if that's a determinant. It just sets a base price but others can bid higher too. Plus we are united, we tend to over-pay ala Felliani.
Sure others can bid higher but if the player is agreeable to join you, all you need to do is pay the release clause, no?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Haaland is coming to United. Ole would be a terrible poker player, and his fool smile when asked about Haaland, is not to be mistaken. Also the way he´s wording it: "I don´t comment on any speculations (although my smile says I´m bursting to, so I telling some anyway). Haaland knows what he wants to do (join United), and what he is going to do (follow his heart, not Raiola´s advice, and join United).

Armchair body language and poker face experts in the house!

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
As far as commenting on other players, Ole has made a pretty strong point about not talking about other teams players, period. He made that point several times this summer when Zidane was flirting publicly with Pogba. And again yesterday

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Haha I get that. But Haaland together with Rashford and Martial could lock Greenwood out of the team for years. Would we not be better getting someone towards the end of their career whilst Greenwood matures?
Martial wont be at the club long if he continues this half arsed form. Also top teams need 4 very good attackers. Ole knows that as well as anyone.

Tiber

If he is coming (especially if the release clause is real) I sure hope we get this sorted at the very start of the window

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Seems too convenient that Haaland and Minamino both missed Salzburg's final game of the year and for them both to have had injuries once the CL is done with sales looking inevitable. Not certain we will get Haaland, but I'm sure he's played his last game for Salzburg.

lysglimt

Scout
I know 2 very credible sources from Norwegian media (and since norway is so small - these guys know everyone in Norwegian football) - have both said that Haaland wants to play for OGS, but both have also said that the one thing that could stop it is a certain agent.

Josep Dowling

I know 2 very credible sources from Norwegian media (and since norway is so small - these guys know everyone in Norwegian football) - have both said that Haaland wants to play for OGS, but both have also said that the one thing that could stop it is a certain agent.
I don’t really get this. Why would Raiola stop Haaland joining us? If Haaland wants to join United there is very little Raiola can do about that. The guy is an asshole to deal with but there is a reason so many players use him as an agent. He gets the player the move they want on a very good salary.

It’s an easy story to write given the recent history between Raiola and United.

Acquire Me

I don’t really get this. Why would Raiola stop Haaland joining us? If Haaland wants to join United there is very little Raiola can do about that. The guy is an asshole to deal with but there is a reason so many players use him as an agent. He gets the player the move they want on a very good salary.

It’s an easy story to write given the recent history between Raiola and United.
This. I would jump on this rumour if the Raiola part was not a part of it.

That said, I think it’s done.Ole looked very confident imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.