Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilt

:lol: never mind bundesliga

How about the 20 goals in his first 14 games in the CL ....it’ll be a rainy day in Hell before anyone ever gets anywhere near that stat.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Haaland is a pure goal scorer with the grit and determination to be the top scorer year on year no matter where he goes. He may well set a CL goals record.

If he doesn't come here I seriously hope he doesn't come to the Prem :lol:

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
:lol: never mind bundesliga

How about the 20 goals in his first 14 games in the CL ....it’ll be a rainy day in Hell before anyone ever gets anywhere near that stat.
As unbelievable as he is, his first 14 games included two against each of Genk, Napoli, Lazio, Zenit, Brugge and Sevilla

Nobody's likely ever going to have a run of fixtures quite that kind to kick off their Champions League careers again.

UTD_Since_1978

I think on the whole & with all things considered I'd like to see him join UTD this summer even at the expense of Greenwood & Cavani, but I can not see any club in the current CV19 climate to stump up more than £80m for him, Real Madid, Barca & us are already pleading poverty.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

As unbelievable as he is, his first 14 games included two against each of Genk, Napoli, Lazio, Zenit, Brugge and Sevilla

Nobody's likely ever going to have a run of fixtures quite that kind to kick off their Champions League careers again.
Sevilla have a great defence to be fair

FatTails

What are you on about? These are not easy games.

Boavista

I think by then he will have found ways to be more dangerous without it. He already has a great sense of where to be in the box, when to make that little burst of speed. I'm not as worried about him when he's going to lose his athleticism, and honestly I think he can keep it into his early 30's the way athletes take care of themselves now.

Btw, I just saw Haaland's second goal against Wolfsburg today, and that kind of illustrates the point about the Bundesliga being a young and pacy striker's wet dream. I just don't see those kinds of goals in the 66th minute of a game anywhere else in Europe, not that I can recall at least.
It's bad defending, but they were pushing for a goal against 10 men, took a risk and paid for it. Nothing that unusual about it, given that game had almost the importance of a knockout tie.

You just have to watch a compilation of Son's goals to see that spaces like that are not that rare in the Premier League either. Rapid players make defenders look silly when given a bit of space.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Erm... ok.

troylocker

Wtf! At least get your facts right, he only played 1 game against Zenit and Lazio, he also played 2 against both reigning champs Liverpool and PSG. That run of fixtures is as easy or hard as any other teams'.
He scored 8 of those goals playing for Salzburg. Hard to downplay the achievement by mentioning Italian and Spanish teams playing in the CL, and playing Sevilla in the KO-rounds. «It was only Napoli, Lazio and Sevilla» kind of works against your downplay narrative here. 9 goals and 1 assist in 5 games against teams outside the top 5 leagues. 11 goals and 1 assists in 9 games against teams from the top 5 leagues.

Harry Kane, who held the record for first to 20 goals before him with 24 games, played Olympiacos (3 goals), Red Star (2 goals), PSV (3 goals), Apoel Nicosia (3 goals) and CSKA Moscow (1 goal) from outside the top 5 leagues. 12 goals in 8 matches vs teams outside the top 5 leagues, 8 goals and 3 assists in 16 matches against teams from the top 5 leagues.

He did it in 10 matches less than the second fastest, and all the top strikers/attackers in world over the last 30 years had a go at it. That record is just insane and deserves all the credit it gets. I really don’t understand your need to downplay it. I really don’t.

Last edited:

troylocker

I think by then he will have found ways to be more dangerous without it. He already has a great sense of where to be in the box, when to make that little burst of speed. I'm not as worried about him when he's going to lose his athleticism, and honestly I think he can keep it into his early 30's the way athletes take care of themselves now.

Btw, I just saw Haaland's second goal against Wolfsburg today, and that kind of illustrates the point about the Bundesliga being a young and pacy striker's wet dream. I just don't see those kinds of goals in the 66th minute of a game anywhere else in Europe, not that I can recall at least.
Vardy says hello

A-man

I have gone from great admirer to something else after the greedy tour. It turned me off in the same way as the Super League and he is less of a likeable person for me now. I wouldn’t even say it’s all his fault but more Raiola and his father maybe, and maybe it was really only gossip with no substance, but can’t help feeling like that. Still enjoy watching what he does on the pitch, though.

arthurka

If he is getting 500k now what the feck will his next contract look like?
I have said it before we shouldn´t be dealing with Raiola.

Gandalf

Still think we might just end up signing him this summer. I don't really have much faith that the Glazer's will sanction any big deals this year but this is far more realistic than Kane. The owners are always looking at the bottom line and it is not hard to imagine that despite costing a fortune we can get 5 years or so out of Haaland and still sell him on at a big profit if he is determined to go to Spain at some point whereas Kane would be a sunk cost after 5 years with little resale value.

lex talionis

Realistically, we’re looking at a fee of at least 120m plus likely weekly wages around 400k, so let’s round that up to 20m annually.

I don’t see this happening.

Member 101269

A striker like Haaland is reliant on service. The left and right sided players seem to be playing as L&R striker mentality. It would be intriguing to seem how many shots they take v assists/potential assists they create and whether Haaland would be frustrated. I suspect RVP in this team wouldnt be happy..

I have doubts Haaland would fit.

youmeletsfly

A striker like Haaland is reliant on service. The left and right sided players seem to be playing as L&R striker mentality. It would be intriguing to seem how many shots they take v assists/potential assists they create and whether Haaland would be frustrated. I suspect RVP in this team wouldnt be happy..

I have doubts Haaland would fit.
I think he would. A lot of times I see Pogba and Bruno trying the through or smart pass and nobody is making a run. Haaland is great at making those runs and he'd also help making some space between the defenders for Pogba/Bruno to move up between the lines a bit more often.

Member 101269

I think he would. A lot of times I see Pogba and Bruno trying the through or smart pass and nobody is making a run. Haaland is great at making those runs and he'd also help making some space between the defenders for Pogba/Bruno to move up between the lines a bit more often.
So is Cavani; you can see his frustration with L&R. Haaland is main man mentality. I just dont see it working.

youmeletsfly

So is Cavani; you can see his frustration with L&R. Haaland is main man mentality. I just dont see it working.
Yea, in some way Halaand or any other stiker being a success here would also depend a lot if we improve on RW & RB.

qzizzle

Supports
Bayern Munich
Haaland is a bit overrated to be honest In the sense that people pencil him in as a surefire ballon d’or winner.
To be truly great he has ways to go still. He wouldn‘t be the first young striker who is physically ahead of his age and scoring for fun (Mario Gomez 24goals in league and 8 in Europe at age 23, Lukaku etc).
Haaland is better than them but I am not sure he can learn the skill and finesse of a Lewandowski to break his current archetype.

croadyman

Still think we might just end up signing him this summer. I don't really have much faith that the Glazer's will sanction any big deals this year but this is far more realistic than Kane. The owners are always looking at the bottom line and it is not hard to imagine that despite costing a fortune we can get 5 years or so out of Haaland and still sell him on at a big profit if he is determined to go to Spain at some point whereas Kane would be a sunk cost after 5 years with little resale value.
We need Dortmund to make top four so that he is still on the market next summer

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Haaland is a bit overrated to be honest In the sense that people pencil him in as a surefire ballon d’or winner.
To be truly great he has ways to go still. He wouldn‘t be the first young striker who is physically ahead of his age and scoring for fun (Mario Gomez 24goals in league and 8 in Europe at age 23, Lukaku etc).
Haaland is better than them but I am not sure he can learn the skill and finesse of a Lewandowski to break his current archetype.
Being "physically ahead of ones age" is a huge advantage in youth football. While in senior football it just helps you to close the gap.

If you mean that he scores for fun because he's physically ahead of his opponents, well that's great.

Would love to see him in the PL and think it will happen.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

To be truly great he has ways to go still.
To be fair, winning the ballon d'or as a striker isn't that difficult. Join a big club, win CL with them, there's your ballon d'or.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To be fair, winning the ballon d'or as a striker isn't that difficult. Join a big club, win CL with them, there's your ballon d'or.
And explain why Firmino didn’t win Ballon D’or when Liverpool won CL...

beingshe7don

Shaky source but sounds like Raiola alright...
After the ruckus Raiola committed with getting Mhiki out of Dortmund, you'd think they wouldn't do business with any of his clients. I hope Ole and United move away from Haaland and focus on getting Sancho, Grealish, and a CB and keep Cavani for another year.

Womp

idiot
After the ruckus Raiola committed with getting Mhiki out of Dortmund, you'd think they wouldn't do business with any of his clients. I hope Ole and United move away from Haaland and focus on getting Sancho, Grealish, and a CB and keep Cavani for another year.
You're a much more hopeful bloke than myself if you think we are getting anywhere near that amount of spending in this current climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.