Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Shaky source but sounds like Raiola alright...
Seeing this account pop up a lot in recent days with some pretty outlandish stuff. One to watch out for.

GoldanoGraham

Think that Dortmund will make top 4 so they will qualify for the CL - will be interesting to see how Raiola plays this.....Dortmund won’t let him go cheaply this summer and don’t think anyone is going to pay the huge fee that they want......the following summer he has a cheap release clause and that is when Mino will also rinse any buyer with all his fees as there will be plenty who want Haaland.....Raiola is such a scumbag and so predictable.....one thing is certain though, he won’t end up at Utd

Redcy

You're a much more hopeful bloke than myself if you think we are getting anywhere near that amount of spending in this current climate.
We won’t get cavani for a start, one big signing is my guess

mshnsh

To be fair, winning the ballon d'or as a striker isn't that difficult. Join a big club, win CL with them, there's your ballon d'or.
True. Top scorer in a team that wins the CL is a surefire ballond'or winning season. That has been true since Kaka won in 2007.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So Messi has dropped his salary so that Barca can get involved.

madrid being called out by slimer as having the money.

what a surprise. Hope they both go bust

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
So Messi has dropped his salary so that Barca can get involved.

madrid being called out by slimer as having the money.

what a surprise. Hope they both go bust
It's just paper talk... Barcelona will go bust unless they get €265m to pay banks back by end of June. Let alone any transfers. Neither has the money for an €100m+ transfer. Madrid are talking about swaps for Pogba etc.

Both will be trying to cut wages and sell players this summer imo.

Raiola seems desperate to move Haaland this summer, seems to me like he's majorly struggling to get the fee for himself and one Dortmund will accept. Maybe because agents fees will be capped probably by next year.

arthurka

Sadly for him the only clubs available for a deal without going bust are English. He Raiola isn't in good terms with Guardiola so that leaves him Utd and Chelsea.

UTD_Since_1978

If Chelsea had any sense they'd really go for him this summer as they look to have a virtually free run at this from what I can see even if their rich Russian owner has to stump up £100m of his own money.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If we really want Halaand, we should tell him it's now or never. If he's says "no", we should go hell for leather for Kane (although admittedly I can only see him playing abroad if he leaves Spurs - unless he's not quite as much "one of us" as we are led to believe).

No other CF comes to mind who would guarantee the goal haul these two do (as much as any guarantee is a guarantee in football). I thought Werner and Havertz would fire Chelsea much closer to the title than they have so if not Halaand or Kane, then who? I love Cavani but he is honest enough to admit he can't play two full games a week. Zlatan is clearly happy in Italy, so the only other possibility is to buy and play Ronaldo there...

UTD_Since_1978

If we really want Halaand, we should tell him it's now or never.
Not sure that would be the smartest move to be honest considering next summer his buy out clause will probably knock about £50m off his summer 2021 price tag & he'll still only be 21.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not sure that would be the smartest move to be honest considering next summer his buy out clause will probably knock about £50m off his summer 2021 price tag & he'll still only be 21.
unless he signs an new improved deal...

copen1945

Against PSG, City played a defensive and disciplined 442. A physical and productive striker added to that team would be flying in Europe. United should spend the necessary sum this summer to prevent it from happening.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Against PSG, City played a defensive and disciplined 442. A physical and productive striker added to that team would be flying in Europe. United should spend the necessary sum this summer to prevent it from happening.
I mean i think they are already kinda flying in Europe this season:

played 12 - won 11 and drawn 1
scored 25 - conceeded 4

No doubt Haaland would offer something different to them as well but honestly they are flying without him

So far this season they have won (over both legs)

4-1 vs psg
4-2 vs Dortmund
4-0 vs Monchengladback
6-0 vs Marseilles
4-0 vs Olympiakos
3-1 vs porto

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
:lol: Of course, they are just pals who wanted to hit the road for a bit. Have a good time and meet some friends. :lol:
You have to admit that this is one of the better excuses compared to the usual diplomatic stuff that is usually said in such situations :lol:

copen1945

I mean i think they are already kinda flying in Europe this season:

played 12 - won 11 and drawn 1
scored 25 - conceeded 4

No doubt Haaland would offer something different to them as well but honestly they are flying without him

So far this season they have won (over both legs)

4-1 vs psg
4-2 vs Dortmund
4-0 vs Monchengladback
6-0 vs Marseilles
4-0 vs Olympiakos
3-1 vs porto
This is more the reason why they shouldn't be allowed to buy him without a legitimately viable bid from the United board. They have made the league boring. They will be doing the same to Champions League. With much of the ESL 12 in financial troubles, they are buying themselves a gap between them and the 11.

jesperjaap

Even in the current climate, buying Haaland now has to be £150-170m odd deal let alone the agent costs and salary. City are never spending that, I dont see how the Spanish sides do when they have so much rebuilding numbers wise and debt, Italy cant afford him.

I think this summer it is really only us and Chelsea could buy him as cant see PSG in for him. Obviously an amazing player but even without the problems his agent brings and to me the look of a self serving player with his career planned out, I wouldnt sign him for us if Cavani stays.

Sign Haaland and unless we are seeing major sales (which I am not adverse to but dont see happening), that is our only deal.

Playind devils advocate, if we could sign whoever we liked this summer, would you rather have for example

Haaland and no other signings OR........ DeLigt, Camavinga and Kamara for example.

For me Haaland is obviously exceptional, but as we need 3-5 signings, he is simply too expensive this summer I feel

Even in the current climate, buying Haaland now has to be £150-170m odd deal let alone the agent costs and salary. City are never spending that, I dont see how the Spanish sides do when they have so much rebuilding numbers wise and debt, Italy cant afford him.

I think this summer it is really only us and Chelsea could buy him as cant see PSG in for him. Obviously an amazing player but even without the problems his agent brings and to me the look of a self serving player with his career planned out, I wouldnt sign him for us if Cavani stays.

Sign Haaland and unless we are seeing major sales (which I am not adverse to but dont see happening), that is our only deal.

Playind devils advocate, if we could sign whoever we liked this summer, would you rather have for example

Haaland and no other signings OR........ DeLigt, Camavinga and Kamara for example.

For me Haaland is obviously exceptional, but as we need 3-5 signings, he is simply too expensive this summer I feel
there will de downward pressure on his fee due to the release clause next summer.

I can’t see any club spending £150m on him this year, if then can get him for £60m (or whatever it is) next year. Clearly there’s a big risk that many more teams can afford his release clause, but in this market I don’t see anyone spending that sort of money on him.

cpresc

Genuinely don't want Haaland and hate all the media circus and agent crap around him.

And as Pogba. No matter how good he is I just don't want him spoiling our club.

Cavani is turning into a bit of a legend too. How about we just keep him as main striker next year and then look to bring in Lewa as the next senior figurehead

Sancho and Rice in
Pogba out

We're set
Solid AF Foundation for the next ten years

UTD_Since_1978

So, with Cavani staying after all & a £150m price tag slapped on his head by Dortmund this summer, it looks like this thread will have to be resurrected in a year's time unless by some miracle he moves this summer.

jesperjaap

there will de downward pressure on his fee due to the release clause next summer.

I can’t see any club spending £150m on him this year, if then can get him for £60m (or whatever it is) next year. Clearly there’s a big risk that many more teams can afford his release clause, but in this market I don’t see anyone spending that sort of money on him.
You are probably right, outside of Chelsea and PSG if they realy want the 3 pronged attack of dreams which is possible, nobody really can afford to buy him this summer.............but when has that stopped Real Madrid. With there side and needs and having Benzema, they really shouldnt be buying him anyway....I dont know why, but I have a funny feeling he is going to end up there for well over £100m this summer.
Lets face it "They are in turmoil, in debt, they cant afford him" etc etc etc, they are nearly always in debt, this is a team lets not forget that are in the middle of spending £500m on a roof for there stadium

You are probably right, outside of Chelsea and PSG if they realy want the 3 pronged attack of dreams which is possible, nobody really can afford to buy him this summer.............but when has that stopped Real Madrid. With there side and needs and having Benzema, they really shouldnt be buying him anyway....I dont know why, but I have a funny feeling he is going to end up there for well over £100m this summer.
Lets face it "They are in turmoil, in debt, they cant afford him" etc etc etc, they are nearly always in debt, this is a team lets not forget that are in the middle of spending £500m on a roof for there stadium
It wouldn’t surprise me to see it happen, even though I don’t think it will.

we have two potentially massive transfers in Mbappe and Haaland this summer, but next year one is on a free and the other has a release clause. A rational club wouldn’t buy either this summer… but then this is Real and PSG…

croadyman

So, with Cavani staying after all & a £150m price tag slapped on his head by Dortmund this summer, it looks like this thread will have to be resurrected in a year's time unless by some miracle he moves this summer.
Yeah may as well close until next summer and same with the Kane thread too

dinostar77

Transfer Window Podcast. Barcelona have made an unofficial offer of €105mil for haaland. Expected to be rejected. Barcelona chairman really wants him. Madrid wont go above €75mil as they think they can wait till next year and buy him for his release clause fee.

Polar

Watched Haaland make fun of Dayot Upamecano yesterday. His first goal was high class. What an athlete and what a talent :drool:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Some media are now reporting that he is looking for a new home - in Dortmund. Looks like he definitely wants to stay this summer and don't transfer somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.