ETH: "We need new players and quality players. We will try and convince them to join." | Mirror: ETH believes FDJ will join Utd over Chelsea

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
3 players, in all, I’d guess.

Probably Rabiot, a striker (someone average like Morata, or that Bundesliga tree), and another Eredivisie affiliate.
I actually wouldn't mind a Morata, wouldn't have minded Werner, not for the goals, but they work really hard. Just tell Ronaldo to be on the end of everything.

Tibs

Ralf being proved right with every passing second.

The board will have delighted when he went...imagine him calling the cnuts out all summer.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Hope ETH is not choosing what he want. Ajax fans wasn't too impressed.

https://ajax.supporters.nl/forums/reacties/22/55/87/Erik-ten-Hag
2 out of the 3 players we've signed were totally unnecessary, familiar to EtH and didn't address any of the problems we've had for fecking years. Our single biggest remaining target is another former player and fellow Dutchman. Arnautovic was said to be one of his other targets.

He's definitely been dictating transfer policy and he's been getting it completely wrong. He needs to concentrate on coaching and back the feck off with transfers. The board needs to prove its moved on from past mistakes and start getting scouting right.

Rajma

I hope the crybabies at our club don't constitute this as manager throwing them under the bus :nervous:

But, the pressure is on the board to get few signings in next 2 weeks. So, what does the Caf think? How many will we sign and who?
Didn’t he say he was happy with the quality the other day? He wanted to learn it a hard way by giving these players a clean slate this summer.

DomesticTadpole

So this guy needed 2 humiliations in order to realize that?
3 months and pre-season were fine and dandy till not, right ?
Problem was pre-season was pretty good on the whole and yet again they fooled a manager into thinking he might not have as big a problem as he was led to believe. The end of last season people just put down to them freewheeling to the end.

Seij

This. It's about time we started seeing things as they are:. Our midfield is shit and our strikers seem to be done with our club. Fair enough - time to clean the slate.

Keeper is the elephant in the room here though. De Gea has been awful for a while now. 5 shots on target 4 goals against doesn't justify 250,000 a week. Need him to be stronger and better on the ball too.
He's on 375k/w, no?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I guess the question for the CAF is: Is Ten Hag just trying to distance himself from failure by calling out the players..? :p

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Seriously anyone blaming ETH for all this should feck off

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Gonna take a few windows I'm afraid,but he's not wrong.

De Gea
Dalot
Maguire
McTomminy
Fred
Rashford
Bruno
Sancho

All got to go
Would add Shaw to the list.

Why Sancho though? Think he needs a little more time.

Orange Tree

We need 2 midfielders, a striker, a right back, and a goalkeeper. Pretty sure, still the same as the end of last season, just added a new goalkeeper. De Gea distribution is not helping at all.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Problem was pre-season was pretty good on the whole and yet again they fooled a manager into thinking he might not have as big a problem as he was led to believe. The end of last season people just put down to them freewheeling to the end.
This.

Should have done more research and looked at the pattern of each player for the last 2 seasons at least. Would have given him a better idea.
Then again, we have an incompetent excuse for a DOF. Stupid that we the fans can see all this, and they are sat right there and didn't figure this shit out? No manager can make this work. Need a whole clean slate.

Aretak

The players are to blame, but Ten Hag is the one who came in, utterly blanked Rangnick and refused to listen to him about them and said he was excited to work with the existing squad. He made his bed in that respect. He gets credit for it only taking two games to realise how desperately wrong his position was, but that credit is probably taken away again by his push to sign the Argentine Warwick Davis to play centre back in the Premier League.

Fooza

He has some blame though, no? Why is it always the finger should be pointed at just one section of the club.

The board, players, and manager are to blame, though EtH should be given time, but he has to learn quick and fast.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
So ETH didn't bother to check facts from the past and only counted the pre-season and training sessions?
Also our players have an agenda into fooling him in friendlies in order to keep their place in the squad?

Rolaholic

A competent club would have already sorted this out
Well we're the furthest thing from that

A competent club wouldn't have scrapped their strategy of integrating an experienced team builder into the fold at the first opportunity.

Now we're still left requiring...an experienced team builder :lol: :houllier:

Crashoutcassius

If ole said it he would be panned. If Ralf said it people would love it. On one hand it's sad the excuses have started already. On the other hand, he needs to apply pressure on the upstairs function

mu4c_20le

He has some blame though, no? Why is it always the finger should be pointed at just one section of the club.

The board, players, and manager are to blame, though EtH should be given time, but he has to learn quick and fast.
It's not his squad.

DomesticTadpole

This.

Should have done more research and looked at the pattern of each player for the last 2 seasons at least. Would have given him a better idea.
Then again, we have an incompetent excuse for a DOF. Stupid that we the fans can see all this, and they are sat right there and didn't figure this shit out? No manager can make this work. Need a whole clean slate.
Trouble is if you have people at the club chipping in with opinions about the players, trying to big up players who do not deserve it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We know that a few of our players don't belong in a high press team. DdG and Ronaldo are the obvious ones. We also know we don't have a decent defensive midfielder. None of that has changed so if we play high press and out from the back we are going to be easy meat for a few months till it gets fixed.

So we need to accept this season isn't going to be much fun. All the fantasists who thought ETH would have us back in contention in a few weeks can now wake up and smell the reality that this club is a crumbling mess.

Gordon S

How do Brighton and Brentford manage to play some decent footy with just a tiny fraction of our budget? I’m sure it is possible to do better with the players available to him..

Rajma

Warning for Insults
If ole said it he would be panned. If Ralf said it people would love it. On one hand it's sad the excuses have started already. On the other hand, he needs to apply pressure on the upstairs function
Because Ole built this joke of a team you dumb feck.

steffyr2

By convince them he means pay them insane wages right? The United way!

Where was this in all summer? Why does it take a trashing for this to happen? It's all passive at this club.
My question exactly. What has ETH been doing? What has the club been doing?

mshnsh

ETH needs to stop restricting himself to eredivise. The difference in quality between the Dutch league and the Premier league is huge.

Superunknown

I don't entirely blame Erik for giving these players a chance. He's used the preseason and these opening games to assess them, and now he is fully justified to replace any of them with a number of potential replacements. He's seen how shite they are for himself. I'm sceptical that we will actually go out and get the players needed, because recent history tells us that we are not amazing during the transfer window.

Greck

Are we also going to accuse him of being negative? He's speaking the truth and it's unfortunate our directors let him see it for himself. Unlike ETH they had all the necessary information to know this.

Mike Smalling

How do Brighton and Brentford manage to play some decent footy with just a tiny fraction of our budget? I’m sure it is possible to do better with the players available to him..
Our players think they are a lot better than they really are, and that they are entitled to win because we are Manchester United. Teams like Brighton and Brentford play with a tenacity, focus, structure and togetherness we can only dream of.

Fooza

It's not his squad.
Everyone here keeps harping on about this not being his squad, yet he's believing in them. If he has to sod the lot of them on the bench and play the youngsters to prove something to the board, I'll have more respect for him

He is in a tough position, but I just think he's been a bit naive in thinking his style could be done with this team.

DomesticTadpole

So ETH didn't bother to check facts from the past and only counted the pre-season and training sessions?
Also our players have an agenda into fooling him in friendlies in order to keep their place in the squad?
Sancho looked great in preseason where did that go? Martial great in preseason now injured. Rashford great in preseason, not looks completely disinterested. Ronaldo end of last season appeared to be no problem, then his agent whores him round every CL club in Europe. Barcelona being t*ts. I think he had a good idea where the problems lay and the club, yet again, promised the earth, but yet again are not doing what they should to give the manager a good chance. They can't sell the players, they know they can't sell the players, unless they do he will not get all he wants. That is due to mismanagement for years. We have average players on elite players wages. An elite wage will not turn an average player into an elite one.

daveskimufc

What we needed was players in early to prevent this desperation with 2 weeks left of the window.

I don't see anymore than 2 coming in, id like to see 5!

Lentwood

At this stage nothing more than a total clearout will suffice. That means going with the young lads and potentially struggling badly for 2/3 seasons but if we don't, we can forget about winning trophies anytime soon