Europa League 22/23 | Final: Sevilla vs Roma (May 31)

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Super happy with the draw. Let's face the best and see where we are at.
Plus if we do get beaten, it's to Barcelona. Better being knocked out by a big club rather than some random team everyone expects us to beat.

Also, big games are more fun.

Siorac

Have you seen them lately? We're favourites.
:lol: Have you seen us lately?

Just a reminder: Barca scored 31 and conceded 4 in La Liga so far - we have a goal difference of -1. I think them getting humiliated twice by Bayern creates a false perception that they're somehow poor. But it's not like we'd fare any better against Bayern...

Knocking them out would be a miracle in our current state: they have a much better squad and we'll miss Martinez in the Camp Nou. At least it will ease the fixture congestion and we don't have the squad to compete on several fronts anyway.

RonaldoVII

Just a reminder: Barca scored 31 and conceded 4 in La Liga so far - we have a goal difference of -1. I think them getting humiliated twice by Bayern creates a false perception that they're somehow poor. But it's not like we'd fare any better against Bayern...

Knocking them out would be a miracle in our current state: they have a much better squad and we'll miss Martinez in the Camp Nou. At least it will ease the fixture congestion and we don't have the squad to compete on several fronts anyway.
Farmers league. I've every confidence in us :D

avgp_1

Don't mind this tie at all. We've got as good a chance as any to knock them out. Thing is we needed to be tighter through the middle and let them go wide as much as possible

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Why are so many people here freaking out about Barca? Just have a look at their European record under Xavi and calm down...

They proceeded against Galatasaray last season in the EL and against Pilsen this season. That's not United's level, so United should have a pretty good chance
For balance...

Have a look at their La Liga record this year :/

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Yup. They are comfortable favourites. And if we're still playing the likes of Ronaldo, VDB and Lindelof they'll pummel us.

MrEleson

Our record against Spanish teams is pretty abysmal. When was the last time we beat one in a KO European tie?…my memory is going as far back as 2008. In between we’ve probably played 10 KO games against Spanish teams without victory.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
For balance...

Have a look at their La Liga record this year :/
Look at what other La Liga teams are currently doing in Europe (not much) and realize that La Liga generally is weak this season, while United did play well against most top PL rivals. That's a much better indication of your chances than the fact that Barca is beating cannon fodder this season.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Haha Just Barcelona then arsenal, easy
I think there is still a same country/group protection in the next draw so we could not get United or PSV if they win their tie.
But if you lose we can definitely get an Arsenal-Barcelona draw :nervous:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d love to knock them out, it’s been a long time coming, but unless we sign a striker in January I think it’ll be a tough ask.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
538 have us fifth favs now post-draw, because of our tough tie. Barca remain favs, then Arsenal, Ajax, Feyenoord, Manchester United, PSV and Real Sociedad.

The bookies have us third favourites still behind Arsenal and Barcelona. Arsenal now slight favs with bookies.

Marooned

Well I just leaned Barca is in europa league, gotta check how that happened hehe

crossy1686

career ending
I think there is still a same country/group protection in the next draw so we could not get United or PSV if they win their tie.
But if you lose we can definitely get an Arsenal-Barcelona draw :nervous:
No I mean the fixture list, United play Barca then Arsenal in the same week. Fun times

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Good draw, Man Utd-Barcelona will be fun to watch, I hope it won't be at the same time as my team's games. Very happy about drawing Juve for us, I wanted Barca or Juve. We were never going to win against any of the teams eliminated from CL so might as well face the biggest ones and get some nostalgia about the great european nights of old at La Beaujoire.

Pintu

Just a reminder, they are in this mess because they got KO:d by a poor Inter (7th in the Italian league). And Ter Stegen is the only reason they weren't humiliated on the Camp Nou on that night... In these 2 seasons, they've gathered 2 points out of 12 against Inter and Benfica.

Since Xavi joined, they've only beaten Plzen or Kyiv in the CL.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
No I mean the fixture list, United play Barca then Arsenal in the same week. Fun times
Err? United will be:

Leeds away (weekend)
Barca away (Thurs)
Leicester home (weekend)
Barca home (Thurs)
Brentford home (weekend)

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Our record against Spanish teams is pretty abysmal. When was the last time we beat one in a KO European tie?…my memory is going as far back as 2008. In between we’ve probably played 10 KO games against Spanish teams without victory.
knocked out Celta Vigo, Sociedad and I think Granada. But overall our record is poor. We’d be relegated in La Liga

Nero

Win-win. A victory eliminates one the stronger remaining teams. A defeat and we don't need to piss about playing Thursday-Sunday anymore.

wangyu

Any Spanish team is favorite versus Utd, our record against them hurts my eyes it is that bad.
These stats are outdated by a year but they provide the proper picture
ClubsMatchesWinDrawDefeatGoals
Manchester United vs. Spain6418242278-82
We actually have a negative goal difference and this is not only because of facing real and barca, the midtabld fodder beats us too usually.

As for the draw itself, this was completely predictable, it was always going to be barca or ajax. They can keep telling people draws aren’t rigged but who believes them? I don’t…

Barca lost points in just 2 games in what is probably the best league (or very close to) in the world and they haven’t even clicked into gear yet. Taking everything into account Barca are massive favorites.

Luckily it is a couple of months away, hopeful things have changed for the better for us by then.
Personally I can.t stand losing to real or barca. I hate them and I am afraid of them, they operate on a different level.

RoyH1

Have all the schools in the area have a big school festival in Old Trafford to mess up the pitch a bit before the match.

Watch Xavi talk about the state of the pitch for 20 minutes each press conference.

redcucumber

Just a reminder, they are in this mess because they got KO:d by a poor Inter (7th in the Italian league). And Ter Stegen is the only reason they weren't humiliated on the Camp Nou on that night... In these 2 seasons, they've gathered 2 points out of 12 against Inter and Benfica.

Since Xavi joined, they've only beaten Plzen or Kyiv in the CL.
I was about to say, they are joining us in the EL for a reason. They were piss poor against an underwhelming Inter and deserve to be where they are. Bizarre that some are proclaiming it to be a foregone conclusion.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Have all the schools in the area have a big school festival in Old Trafford to mess up the pitch a bit before the match.

Watch Xavi talk about the state of the pitch for 20 minutes each press conference.
Exactly, just beat them and watch whatever excuse Xavi makes.

Or just do what Frankfurt did last season, invade Camp Nou with 30,000 fans and have fun how scared Barca looks because of it. I mean, United claims to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, shouldn't be an issue to get the numbers there ;)

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Best possible draw. We've been starved for big european nights in the last years. And if we're not winning this, better get out early. Getting past a couple of shit teams and then getting dicked in the semis by Sporting or whatever would be the worse case scenario.