g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Europa League / Conference League 23/24

Pintu

I'm not allowed to use a Twitter link but the guy Dale Johnson has made a big update for the extra CL places.

Serie A is nearly there.

West Ham must beat Freiburg......otherwise the other place will very likely go to the Bundesliga.
I’d say it is the other way around. With Italy almost guaranteed to finish top, Freiburg must qualify to keep Germany in the fight. Next week Bundesliga clubs will play 3 european games while English clubs will play 5 and all 5 at home. Meaning 2 more chances to grab coefficient point.

I am personally of the opinion that West Ham Freiburg is given too much importance. Either of them would likely lose the 1/4 without taking more points there. Aston Villa losing to Ajax would be a bigger blow to PL. Because in the ECL there is potential for Villa to gather many points... Same applies to Leverkusen for Germany’s chances.

Yes. But it’s now becoming a 2 horse race for 1 place, Italy are very close to securing thhe first position… Last night wasn’t good enough for England. Germany has a tough route to the top 2. France could be back in it… England is still the favourite. Arsenal and Aston Villa have to win next week.

Opta statistical predictions:

BabySinclair

I’d say it is the other way around. With Italy almost guaranteed to finish top, Freiburg must qualify to keep Germany in the fight. Next week Bundesliga clubs will play 3 european games while English clubs will play 5 and all 5 at home. Meaning 2 more chances to grab coefficient point.

I am personally of the opinion that West Ham Freiburg is given too much importance. Either of them would likely lose the 1/4 without taking more points there. Aston Villa losing to Ajax would be a bigger blow to PL. Because in the ECL there is potential for Villa to gather many points... Same applies to Leverkusen for Germany’s chances.
Do you support the Premier League or Bundesliga for the extra two spots? :confused:

Pintu

Do you support the Premier League or Bundesliga for the extra two spots? :confused:
I am torn actually. I am supporting the PL because I believe it will serve United... but if this goes to the wire and we have to cheer on the scousers and Abu Dhabi fc as they play CL and EL finals I don’t think I can do that.

Last edited:

PoTMS

Moyes and West Ham doing their bit to keep up our (slim) chance of getting top 5/Champions League football. Good lads.

The Purley King

Moyes and West Ham doing their bit to keep up our (slim) chance of getting top 5/Champions League football. Good lads.
BBC article today shows that the hammers really have to go through if England will get a 5th place.
Come on moysey!!

DavidDeSchmikes

Liverpool XI: Kelleher; Bradley, Quansah, Gomez, Robertson, Endo, Szoboszlai, Clark, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo.

Subs: Adrian, Mrozek, Van Dijk, Diaz, Mac Allister, Elliott, Tsimikas, Gordon, McConnell, Koumas, Danns, Musialowski.

RedRocket9908

BBC article today shows that the hammers really have to go through if England will get a 5th place.
Come on moysey!!
We will still be 3rd in the ranking table so wont get an extra place as it stands, Italy and Germany who are the top 2 would get them and Roma beating Brighton and Atalanta beating Sporting will pretty much guarentee one of those spots for Italy as AC Milan are heading through already.

The Purley King

We will still be 3rd in the ranking table so wont get an extra place as it stands, Italy and Germany who are the top 2 would get them and Roma beating Brighton and Atalanta beating Sporting will pretty much guarentee one of those spots for Italy as AC Milan are heading through already.
Yeah I think Italy are nailed on we just have to catch Germany hence the importance of Freiburg getting knocked out

RedRocket9908

Yeah I think Italy are nailed on we just have to catch Germany hence the importance of Freiburg getting knocked out
Im might be wrong but Leverkusen likely to beat Qarabag and West Ham beating Frieburg we need Villa, Brighton, and Liverpool to win to move above Germany in to 2nd.

Boavista

Really lacklustre performance from Freiburg here. They weren't great in the first leg but I think in the end deservedly won against a disappointing West Ham. But they're showing so little energy and drive today

PoTMS

This Turkish left back for Rangers is possibly the worst player I've ever seen.

PoTMS

Fecking Kudus. Ten Hag is a terrible judge of character.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Fecking Kudus. Ten Hag is a terrible judge of character.
Ajax supporter grateful for what he did fully agrees. The man has zero eye for talent unless it's FdJ or Ligt kinda talent.

always_hoping

"Uefa admits Liverpool v Rangers Europa League final in Dublin could be ‘extremely challenging’" They don't need to be concerned about that anymore with Rangers knocked out tonight by Benfica.

antk

Marseille as dreadful tonight as they were dominant last week. What a weird tie.

PoTMS

"Depending on extra time, as they say"

Amazing from the interviewer.

The Purley King

Im might be wrong but Leverkusen likely to beat Qarabag and West Ham beating Frieburg we need Villa, Brighton, and Liverpool to win to move above Germany in to 2nd.
For now I think you are right but Liverpool surely must be favourites to win the whole thing which will get extra points.
We might be in the uncomfortable situation of hoping pool win the europa to give us a CL place (if we make 5th)
Also dortmund surely won’t go too much further…..whereas city and maybe arsenal might

Pintu

Yes it’s hard to move above Germany tonight.. but to get passt them in April is becoming all the more likely as they will have fewer sides. Theoretically, England can still carry 6 teams to the quarters.

This is how it stands now.

Teja

Make it happen you bastards.

and then we can feck up the 5th place finish and cry in silence.

United Hobbit

This Liverpool game is an embarrassment

He didn't need to start with this strong a line up, let's hope they pick up some knocks before Sunday

We are getting battered if we aren't careful

Ole'sgunnarwin

These feckers are 3 up already. Can't wait to see Klopp feck off they look brilliant despite not having a great team on paper