Europa League / Conference League 23/24

antk

Does VAR exist in the Greek league? An AEK player just dived like I haven't seen for a long time as if it had any chance of resulting in a pen.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wasn't Jordy Claise supposed to be a generational talent once or am I imagining it?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
PL teams bar City haven't been doing so great in Europe this season so far, have they?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
To the relative strength of the Premier League thread!
At least Villa turned it around, so only United, Liverpool and Newcastle lost. However at least two of those three should have won so it's a bit embarassing for the PL.

Meanwhile the BL clubs with 6W 1D:drool:

Cyanide

Does VAR exist in the Greek league? An AEK player just dived like I haven't seen for a long time as if it had any chance of resulting in a pen.
I sense a bitterness with AEK, I wonder why.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Arsenal are first in their CL group.
So are West Ham and Liverpool in Europa. Brighton are a good second in a tough group.

Villa are joint first in their ECL group. All in all, it's only United letting the country down considering Newcastle are Saudi long outside of the European cups and have a thin squad made worse by injuries.

ti vu

I'm quite impressed with Dallinga, Toulouse striker. Not crazy prolific but quite decent, and seems to be hitting form lately this season (a goal or one assist in 8 of their last 10 games. The two games without goal contribution were when he didn't play for more than 30 minutes). I know people here may raise eyebrow with him being Dutch. To be fair, he didn't have much time in Dutch top division. He had a record scoring season in second division before moving to Toulouse for last season.

Decent pace, tidy, good movement, capable of physicality play.

Edit: top scorer of French domestic Cup last season which Toulouse ended up winning and gained entry to this season Europa League. Their first top flight trophy in the history if I read it correctly.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
I sense a bitterness with AEK, I wonder why.
A PAOK player done one of the worst dives against Aberdeen yesterday aswell, ref gave it and VAR told him to have another look. It was like gilardinos dive vs Celtic in the 08 or so.

Last edited:

always_hoping

They make it look so easy. cnuts :(
Playing In the Europa league group stage has to equally annoying and frustrating for Klopp and his players.

Elsewhere Brighton top of their group with another win. Their last two Europa league wins was followed by draws at home to Fulham and Sheffield United. They are away to a rested Chelsea this weekend.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Good week for England's coefficients. 5 teams in the CL looking likely.
Germany and Spain are number 1 and 2, England are 4.

Though ofcourse after the knockouts we'll see Germany drop down, same thing happened last season.

That 5th place is such a stupid rule though, having a team that is 5th in their league in the "Champions" league.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Neutrals must love Marseille - Ajax. Squeeky bum time for me.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Klopp has always been a bit dumb overpaying players. Why is Salah playing in all these Europa matches. Pointless, he could burn out, it's happened before.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Klopp has always been a bit dumb overpaying players. Why is Salah playing in all these Europa matches. Pointless, he could burn out, it's happened before.
Afcon coming up. Hopefully he racks up those 120 mins and loses on pens in the final again :drool:

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Ajax being thoroughly fecked by the ref tonight.
yup. The penalty was the one of the weakest penalties i've ever seen and the Berghuis thing was borderline, but not a red in my opinion.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
yup. The penalty was the one of the weakest penalties i've ever seen and the Berghuis thing was borderline, but not a red in my opinion.
It was a red because of his behaviour before.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Ajax getting shafted again, this ref should be banned for life

PoTMS

Onana better start every fecking game in this competition.