g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Europa League / Conference League 23/24

AlexiV

Supports
FCB
Maybe so but you're still farmers. Amazing city though, best thing about facing you in europe :drool:
Yes that's actually our nickname and we sing about it too. Goes like BOEREUH BOEREUH BOEREUH like Chelsea does their Chelsea chant :)

BorisManUtd

Olympiacos are a weird team though. They have a decent record against English clubs, including yourselves and Arsenal.
They've got 5 defeats in 6 games vs us. That one win was February 2014 2-0 in Greece but we got through winning 3-0 at Old Trafford. Against Arsenal you're right - 6 wins for Olympiacos and 6 wins for Arsenal.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They've got 5 defeats in 6 games vs us. That one win was February 2014 2-0 in Greece but we got through winning 3-0 at Old Trafford. Against Arsenal you're right - 6 wins for Olympiacos and 6 wins for Arsenal.
Yeah, I meant to refer to the last 10 or so years rather than going back to the early 2000s.

BabySinclair

Not for this season but for the next season.......that would be amazing :D

FC Triesenberg, who play in the 7TH TIER of Swiss football, could secure a place in the UEFA Conference League qualifying rounds today!

They are in the Liechtenstein Cup final against FC Vaduz, who are targeting a 50th title - already a world record for most domestic cups.

Source: Twitter - @SweeperPod (I'm not allowed to post media)

thisisnottaken1

Not for this season but for the next season.......that would be amazing :D

FC Triesenberg, who play in the 7TH TIER of Swiss football, could secure a place in the UEFA Conference League qualifying rounds today!

They are in the Liechtenstein Cup final against FC Vaduz, who are targeting a 50th title - already a world record for most domestic cups.

Source: Twitter - @SweeperPod (I'm not allowed to post media)
How are a Swiss team allowed to compete in the Liechtenstein cup? Is that because there aren’t enough teams in Liechtenstein?

G3079

Supports
Nobody in particular
How are a Swiss team allowed to compete in the Liechtenstein cup? Is that because there aren’t enough teams in Liechtenstein?
Because both Triesenberg and Vaduz are in Liechtenstein.
They're just allowed to play in the Swiss league because, well, look at the size of Liechtenstein.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Fiorentina are the first UECL finalist.

They now hope to face Aston Villa given the final would be played in Greece. Olympiacos in the final means the whole stadium to root for them.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Two finals in a row. Hope they win it this time. Italian teams have now reached every final of this competition

BorisManUtd

Fiorentina are the first UECL finalist.

They now hope to face Aston Villa given the final would be played in Greece. Olympiacos in the final means the whole stadium to root for them.
Wouldn't they give equal amount of tickets to both clubs or something like that? Not sure Villa will be able to turn it around, their form has worsened and they have to come back from 2-4 away from home. Historic chance for Olympiacos to win an European trophy so tomorrow night is probably one of their biggest games in years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Changing the club you support always looks bad.
Why not:
Supports: [Former] Bayern München [midfield legend] ;)
Much bigger Madrid legend and turned Bayern down to take over in Madrid next year. We beat them even in this :D

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Much bigger Madrid legend and turned Bayern down to take over in Madrid next year. We beat them even in this :D
How many tears will you shed if he doesn't actually join you next summer? :D

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Interesting lineup from Leverkusen today:
Kovar
Tapsoba - Tah - Hincapie
Frimpong - Xhaka - Palacios - Grimaldo
Hofmann - Adli - Hlozek

Defense looks like the usual first choice (except maybe Hincapie for Kossounou), but Wirtz, Boniface and Schick all on the bench is unexpected. No idea if they are not fully fit, but to me this speaks to a more fast/counter attacking approach than usual.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Interesting lineup from Leverkusen today:
Kovar
Tapsoba - Tah - Hincapie
Frimpong - Xhaka - Palacios - Grimaldo
Hofmann - Adli - Hlozek

Defense looks like the usual first choice (except maybe Hincapie for Kossounou), but Wirtz, Boniface and Schick all on the bench is unexpected. No idea if they are not fully fit, but to me this speaks to a more fast/counter attacking approach than usual.

Wirtz was not even on the bench last game and it seems as if that was more than just rotation. That aside, it seems to me he's playing the same system as in the away match without a true striker.

RedRocket9908

I hope Villa turn this around tonight, Unai Emery and his team deserve a final after the way they've performed this season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Lukaku :drool:

No idea he had gone to Roma. Is he still owned by Chelsea?

And Mourinho has left Roma. I need to pay more attention :lol:

Blood Mage

Beyond impressed with how Leverkusen play. Xabi might be the real deal.

I hope Madrid get him signed up before a PL club does.

cj_sparky

I know he was there before he joined Wolves, but how is Podence not somewhere a little higher up.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Stick a fork in Villa. They're done.
That’s the thing with Emery sides. They play so high so can concede quite a bit and give away leads. People wanted him here. I’m not sure he’s a good fit. He’s done a decent job at Villa though if he gets top 4 but shouldn’t be bottling this trophy with teams that are left

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Apologies if covered off earlier in the thread, but I'm assuming if villa pull a miracle off and win the EC, England doesn't get an extra European place as they are going into the CL?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Leverkusen are like the anti us. Always making the right pass in the final third.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Roma won't be with 11 players for much longer at that rate of tactical fouls