Europa League Draw

Ixion

Ajax would be nice, but maybe better later in the competition.

padzilla

Hipster
If we were languishing about mid table in the league for a while, expectations would drop to the point that getting into the Europa league would be wonderful for many United fans. But we were in the finals of the Champions League last spring ffs
It's a handy reminder to large sections of our fans who fully expect us to win everything in sight that it can all disappear in the blink of an eye and how spoiled we've been over the last number of years with Fergie and that we should enjoy it more rather than moan. Some muppets were on Five Live calling for him to be sacked because we lost to Basle.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If you're so upset about it don't watch it.Like we were going to win the CL this season.
Yeah because that's everyones main gripe about going out. If we go out to good opposition, fair enough. We went out in the easiest group.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
God, I can't believe we're in the Eurovision Song Contest. :(

Heardy

Some of you guys need to lay off of the "shower of sh*te competition" type comments.

Yes we're there, and we should be dignified as fans in support of the team irrespective.

So many of you will be blowing your tops if the likes of Berba don't put in a performance against teams such as Ajax, Lazio, Udinese or even City.

You can't say you wouldn't be pleased at winning the competition. I expect Fergie to take the opportunity to bleed a few of the more inexperienced players in Europe, and a decent run would do wonders for the young lads confidence.

We don't have a divine right to qualify for the CL knock out stages every year, especially on the merits of some of the performances this year. It happens, get over it - we can't exactly moan given our progress in the Champions League over the last 5 years.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
How did that happen? I thought both clubs were seeded?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Ajax. I'll take that! A little bit of excitement anyway.

Ralaks

and thus their wievers dropped like flies after the two only interesting names are drawn!

MUFCgal

It's a handy reminder to large sections of our fans who fully expect us to win everything in sight that it can all disappear in the blink of an eye and how spoiled we've been over the last number of years with Fergie and that we should enjoy it more rather than moan. Some muppets were on Five Live calling for him to be sacked because we lost to Basle.
That's dickheads for you. Of course I want us to win any competition or trophy we're involved in. I'm just surprised we're in it, that's all. If you asked every United fan at the start of the season that come the New Year whether we'd be in the CL or Europa, we'd all have said CL everytime.

I will watch the matches with interest as usual, and wouldn't mind getting over to OT for one or two hopefully. A United supporter that works with me actually said he won't be watching them because he's not interested in the Europa League. That's up to him.

I'd love us to get to the final and win it.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
And again? Clearly I have no idea how this thing works. Is there no seeding for this draw?

Sylar

I stopped listening, can winner of our tie play winner of city/porto?