Europa League / Europa Conference League 2021/22

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

A really nice field this year and the group winners aren't even included yet.

NYAS

The token Maradona tie for TV: Barca v Napoli. I’m shocked, shocked I tell you!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Some tasty ties in there. Too bad Napoli will likely be missing their african players i think? Which are kind of like their 3 best players too...

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Some tasty ties in there. Too bad Napoli will likely be missing their african players i think? Which are kind of like their 3 best players too...
Yep, the Europa League should be interesting. Some teams relegated to it that really should see it as an opportunity to save their season, as well as the usual strong contenders for this title.

I really have no idea who will win this.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

It's hard to believe in the times where Scottish clubs have been relegated to "bye"-status internationally, but Ranges actually have a good record against Dortmund.

Gandalf

Didn’t West Ham qualify? I didn’t see them in the draw
Group winners are through to the last 16. This is for the knockout round which is 3rd place CL clubs versus Europa league runners up. The winners of these ties go into the pot to play the group winners who will all be seeded for the last 16.

Conference league is the same. Winners skip this knockout phase hence Jose being delighted that Roma won their group whilst the runners up play the 3rd place Europa teams such as Leicester.

nikineil

Group winners are through to the last 16. This is for the knockout round which is 3rd place CL clubs versus Europa league runners up. The winners of these ties go into the pot to play the group winners who will all be seeded for the last 16.

Conference league is the same. Winners skip this knockout phase hence Jose being delighted that Roma won their group whilst the runners up play the 3rd place Europa teams such as Leicester.
Thanks! Had no idea about this. Is this a change from this season?

Gandalf

Thanks! Had no idea about this. Is this a change from this season?
New this season. There were 12 groups instead of 8 in previous years for the group phase so the last 32 saw the group winners plus the 4 CL teams with the best 3rd place record seeded and the 12 runners up and the other 4 third place CL clubs unseeded. The addition of the Conference league has essentially allowed more teams to play in Europe whilst reducing the number of teams in the Europa League itself and so the bye for the first knockout round is an additional incentive to win the group even if you know you are already qualified.

PoTMS

UEFA Europa League | Round of 32

Barcelona vs Napoli - 5.45pm
Borussia Dortmund vs Rangers - 5.45pm
Sheriff Tiraspol vs Braga - 5.45pm
Zenit vs Real Betis - 5.45pm

Atalanta vs Olympiakos - 8pm
FC Porto vs Lazio - 8pm
RB Leipzig vs Real Sociedad - 8pm
Sevilla vs Dinamo Zagreb - 8pm

UEFA Europa Conference League | Round of 32

Fenerbahce vs Slavia Prague - 5.45pm
PSV Eindhoven vs Tel-Aviv - 5.45pm
Rapid Vienna vs Vitesse - 5.45pm
FC Midtjylland vs PAOK - 5.45pm

Leicester City vs Randers FC - 8pm
Marseille vs FK Qarabag - 8pm
Sparta Prague vs Partizan Belgrade - 8pm
Celtic vs Bodø/Glimt - 8pm

Some tasty ties today. Pity the first two games are on at the same time.

PoTMS

Hopefully we get to see Amad at one point tonight against a decent Dortmund side.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This commentator on my stream is really condescending towards Barcelona. "Eric Garcia, left City to play in games like this I guess".

Lay

Ferren Torres misses a very good chance, Napoli score a minute later.

PoTMS

Anguissa is ragdolling Barcelona's midfield. De Jong, Pedri and Nico don't know what's hit them.

PoTMS

Dortmund without Haaland wouldn't make the top 10 in the Premier League.

Lay

More proof the Bundesliga is trash.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Fabian Ruiz is really showing up the barcelona midfielders here

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Dortmund have been hilariously bad, it's not even jammy by Rangers, they have been the better team. Really a lot of questionmarks regarding Rose so far this season.

Lay

Crowd getting on Torres's back it seems. Adama Traore seems to get stuck when he should just attack the fullback, he stops and passes back more than he should IMO.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Rangers are performing a lot better away to Dortmund than they did against Celtic. It seems their manager has let the shackles off as his tactics against Celtic were very defensive.

PoTMS

Crowd getting on Torres's back it seems. Adama Traore seems to get stuck when he should just attack the fullback, he stops and passes back more than he should IMO.
If Rashford thinks he has it bad at OT, he should visit Camp Nou or the Bernabeu on any given day.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Rangers are performing a lot better away to Dortmund than they did against Celtic. It seems their manager has let the shackles off as his tactics against Celtic were very defensive.
Taken a bit of time to strike the balance in the defensive line, press and midfield make-up, but looks spot on now.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's so stupid. There was a barca counter and he got the ball on the wing. Aubameyang was running through the middle trying to make himself onside and he does a step over, turns and passes back :lol: