Europa League / Europa Conference League 2021/22

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Quick sidenote, how have you been satisfied with Juranović?

And @Gio, youse with Barišić?

Question goes for other Celtic or Rangers fans here. :)
We love Juranovic. He's amazing. Very fast, can depend on him defensively and he takes our penalties. Even done a cheeky panenka in the Europa League away to Leverkusen.

This always makes me laugh.. The same Sparta Prague who 12 months earlier scored 8 against Celtic over 2 games. :lol:

You also got bumped out of the CL qualifiers by another one of those easy teams that Rangers always draw(and scudded). But that's none of my business
Yes, the same Sparta Prague that beat what is statistically one of the worst Celtic teams of all time. Your point?

Midtjylland beat a Celtic team with a back line of Scott Bain, Anthony Ralston*, Stephen Welsh, Dane Murray and Greg Taylor with Ismaila Soro in front of them. We were slap bang in the middle of our rebuild.

*more goals and more assists than Ryan Kent. How embarrassing.

Real Name

We love Juranovic. He's amazing. Very fast, can depend on him defensively and he takes our penalties. Even done a cheeky panenka in the Europa League away to Leverkusen.
Really got going at Celtic and seems to love it there. Found his place in national team too, his long balls are really underrated, I think he has fantastic statistics regarding that.
He's decent enough. He had his best season in 2020/21, lots of assists and he was unlucky to get injured just before the Euros. I think he took that injury into this campaign as he's not hit the same heights, his confidence was shot midway through the season and defensively he was a mess. Picked up again and looks more reliable but I don't think he's as essential as he once was.
Yeah, he's a solid player, got his feet at Rangers. But similar, in national team lost his place as a starter.

Thanks guys!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Frankfurt as top seeds in the UCL draw will be interesting.

55titles

Supports
Rangers
Dortmund's stadium being heavily restricted and Haaland being injured.
Haaland injured for R32 games. Morelos injured for quarters, semi and final. Roofe injured for semi and not fit enough for more than a cameo in final. No recognised striker vs Leipzig and Frankfurt. Swings and roundabouts.

55titles

Supports
Rangers
I obviously wasn't there, but was this the case with Frankfurt fans, too? I may sound a bit harsh but if they were treated the same Rangers fans have little to no excuse for not showing up, considering two-third of the stadium was blue.
I think the bigger point here was that Frankfurt gave their full allocation to their ultras, much to the annoyance of the rest of their fans. So they were able to replicate their home atmosphere with their singing section all together. Rangers distributed their tickets much more fairly. But a lot of the neutral tickets went to the highest bidder. With the tifo display, they were able to transport all that in 5 trucks. Rangers didn’t have the opportunity to arrange that kind of thing from such a distance.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Haaland injured for R32 games. Morelos injured for quarters, semi and final. Roofe injured for semi and not fit enough for more than a cameo in final. No recognised striker vs Leipzig and Frankfurt. Swings and roundabouts.
Exactly. I think most people thought our season was over when Morelos got injured.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I think its not right to say the fans didn't show up. Plenty journalists that were there praised the atmosphere from both sides. I just think everyone assumed it would be like the home game vs Leipzig that wowed everyone with its atmosphere, but I still think they did ok. People need to remember that the Germans are well renowned for providing great fan led atmospheres, Franfurt I believe have 1 of the best travelling supports.

I read that the Frankfurt Ultras all received tickets for the game, so it was more easy for them to organise Tifos and things like that, Rangers was just on a purely points based system so they didnt seem as organised that way.
And even when we did organise them, the Spanish police still fecked us over

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
And even when we did organise them, the Spanish police still fecked us over

Looks like those fans fecked themselves over. I think security/police at most places would be uneasy to allow hundreds of wooden sticks into the stadium.

El Buffalo

Supports
Rangers

Yes, the same Sparta Prague that beat what is statistically one of the worst Celtic teams of all time. Your point?

Midtjylland beat a Celtic team with a back line of Scott Bain, Anthony Ralston*, Stephen Welsh, Dane Murray and Greg Taylor with Ismaila Soro in front of them. We were slap bang in the middle of our rebuild.

*more goals and more assists than Ryan Kent. How embarrassing.
Surely even the mighty celtic at their worst should still be able to dispatch the cannon fodder and pond life that rangers seemingly draw. This year's gallowgate globetrotters ultimately didn't really do any better outside of the domestic league...

Nothing will be more embarrassing than the fact Celtic won the league last weekend and all your fans have done is talk about Rangers for weeks.

Your fans care more about what rangers are up to than you do your own team... Change your name to pink moonhowler.

Last edited:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Surely even the mighty celtic at their worst should still be able to dispatch the cannon fodder and pond life that rangers seemingly draw. This year's gallowgate globetrotters ultimately didn't really do any better outside of the domestic league...

Nothing will be more embarrassing than the fact Celtic won the league last weekend and all your fans have done is talk about Rangers for weeks.

Your fans care more about what rangers are up to than you do your own team... Change your name to pink moonhowler.
Wow. Inject those tears right into my veins.

You're absolutely raging :lol:

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
There’s a well known phrase that if you want to find out anything about Rangers, ask a Celtic fan.

Strange set of fans.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'm nervous for tomorrow. I can't imagine us beating a Mourinho side, that sly cnut. I should just start drinking now, but I foresee trouble at work when I arrive pissed tomorrow morning.

I also just applied to a position at Feyenoord. Though I imagine recruitment is not tasked with recruiting players.

Oh well.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'm nervous for tomorrow. I can't imagine us beating a Mourinho side, that sly cnut. I should just start drinking now, but I foresee trouble at work when I arrive pissed tomorrow morning.

I also just applied to a position at Feyenoord. Though I imagine recruitment is not tasked with recruiting players.

Oh well.
Reads like a Leslie Davidson tweet. Very good. But don't worry, Slot will avenge the honor of bald Dutch coaches.

Pintu

You weren’t supposed to beat Marseille either. You gotta believe.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Reads like a Leslie Davidson tweet. Very good. But don't worry, Slot will avenge the honor of bald Dutch coaches.
I just read some of his tweets. This is definitely a compliment. My night just got a lot better. Thanks.

::sonny::

Looking for to watch Guus Til, Tyrell Malacia, Luis Sinisterra, Marcos Senesi, Geertruida

Irwin99

Oh well.
I'm completely ignorant of Feyenoord and how they play but do they have the same total football philosophy as Ajax? Don't wanna be negative but if that's the case it could be another Ajax vs Man United re-run :nervous: . Roma actually play some decent stuff from what i've seen of them but I expect Jose's legendary pragmatism will be on view.

Good luck for the match.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'm completely ignorant of Feyenoord and how they play but do they have the same total football philosophy as Ajax? Don't wanna be negative but if that's the case it could be another Ajax vs Man United re-run :nervous: . Roma actually play some decent stuff from what i've seen of them but I expect Jose's legendary pragmatism will be on view.

Good luck for the match.
The narrative in Holland is that Ajax play pretty football and Feyenoord.is sweat and guts football (I don't think either are accurate, but it sounds polarizing, which fits the rivalry)
Feyenoord's style changes quite a bit depending on their manager. Ajax is more consistent in this regard.

ETH's Ajax isn't identical to Bosz's (funnily enough a former Feyenoord player) Ajax and I disagree with the mainstream view that the Europa final was won through shithousing/Mourinho pragmatism, but that is for another topic.

Slot's Feyenoord is fairly similar to ETH's Ajax in terms of pressing, but their backline is slower ( Senesi especially is a snail) and they're not as good with the ball in small spaces.
Mourinho is definitely favored from a tactical perspective. Parking the bus and hitting long balls is effective against Slot's Feyenoord and when that tactic is effective, Mourinho will adapt it. Feyenoord have a poor record against back 5s domestically as well.

Slot definitely fits the "total football" label, but then again, so do the majority of Dutch (and Spanish) teams.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Good luck for the match.
Historically no, mostly the opposite, we love hard working players with a no nonsense attitude. Slot has us pressing like maniacs and we've been more sinilar to Ajax this season, but obviously with 1/10 the of the budget.

We have more fight in us than that Ajax side that lost to Mou though. Ajax were choire boys. Not anynore mind, the have a whlle sleugh (is that a word?) of cheating cnuts in their team now which in world football means fighting spirit.

Roma are the favorites by far though. They have way more qualitt and a manager who has seen and won the bigflgest finals in the game.

As @VanDeBank says, parking the bus is effective against us, since we lacj the quality and creativity up front to break down a wall. I cant imagine Roma will fully do that though.

I also disagree that Mou won through shithousing in 2017, he just scored a jammy goal and hoofed it to Felaini, skipping the midfield entirely. I would say that's pragmatic though.

Last edited:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s live on Bt Sport YouTube from 7:30 if anyone is interested.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Hoping Feyenoord get the upset here. See some Jose tears :drool:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Robbie Savage couldn't sound any less interested if he tried :lol: mentioned about how narrow feyenoord are about 5 times already too.