ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Kick off: 8pm UK time.

Where to watch: TNT Sports or Discovery+

Line-ups

Atalanta XI:
Musso, Djimsiti, Hien, Kolasinac, Zappacosta, Ederson, Koopmeiners, Ruggeri, De Ketelaere, Lookman, Scamacca.

Bayer Leverkusen XI: Kovar, Tapsoba, Tah, Stanisic, Frimpong, Palacios, Xhaka, Hincapie, Wirtz, Grimaldo, Adli.

Odds

Atalanta win 16/5

Draw 27/10

Bayer Leverkusen win 4/5​

Last edited:

Bogga

Always had a soft spot for Leverkusen, it's time for them to make up for the 01/02-season when they ended 2nd in everything. Must've been especially rough for the german Leverkusen fans back in 02 :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Always had a soft spot for Leverkusen, it's time for them to make up for the 01/02-season when they ended 2nd in everything. Must've been especially rough for the german Leverkusen fans back in 02 :lol:
I think they'll do it but I also think it could be a high scoring game.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Liverpool fans have a few spare tickets.
I bought 3 tickets yesterday for €65 each.

Looking forward to the show. My two lads are football mad so they are buzzing.

Compare that price to 300 for 3 tickets for a poxy United friendly last pre season.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Come on Atalanta!
Would love it if Gasperini were to get his hands on a major trophy. The football he's got Atalanta playing over the years has been a breath of fresh air.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Bayer Leverkusen XI: Hradecky; Kossounou, Tah, Tapsoba; Frimpong, Xhaka, Andrich, Grimaldo; Adil, Wirtz; Boniface.​
They will definitely start with Kovar in goal, Alonso confirmed that (as they did for the whole season in the EL)
It's also possible that they start Palacios instead of Andrich.
Depending on the tactical setup they could also play with a false nine, that would move Adli up top instead of Boniface and most likely see Hofmann play alongside Wirtz.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They will definitely start with Kovar in goal, Alonso confirmed that (as they did for the whole season in the EL)
Depending on the tactical setup they could also play with a false nine, that would move Adli up top instead of Boniface and most likely see Hofmann play alongside Wirtz.
Changed Kovar, I saw it on another site and just wanted to have a more interesting OP. :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Atalanta lost a final last week. They'll most likely lose another

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
The Europa League often gets looked down on, but I actually really like how open it is as a competition.

I know Sevilla have won a few of them but teams like the 2 finalists this year, Frankfurt, Rangers, Villareal, Ajax etc can go into it knowing if they play well and have a bit of luck, they have a chance of going a long way, whereas in the Champions League these teams would rarely make it to a quarter final, and you can almost predict 6 or 7 of the quarter finalists at the group stage.

Looking forward to this game, surely will be goals in it with the football these 2 teams play.

aeh1991

Best scenario would be if Kovar plays well and becomes their no.1 for the next season. In 2 years he should come back via buyback clause and replace Onana.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Against Atalanta you want to play your best 1vs1 players. The false 9 scheme doesn't work against them, they just man mark everyone all over the pitch

Boniface will start

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Against Atalanta you want to play your best 1vs1 players. The false 9 scheme doesn't work against them, they just man mark everyone all over the pitch

Boniface will start
Probably, I just mentioned it as a possibility. In the end it comes down to the question: Do you want to beat them with speed (Adli) or strength (Boniface)? Atalanta will defend a lot 1v1 anyway.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Probably, I just mentioned it as a possibility. In the end it comes down to the question: Do you want to beat them with speed (Adli) or strength (Boniface)? Atalanta will defend a lot 1v1 anyway.
Why not both? As I said, the key is mismatches, you want to create as many as you can in your favour

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Best scenario would be if Kovar plays well and becomes their no.1 for the next season. In 2 years he should come back via buyback clause and replace Onana.
I’d say the best scenario would be Onana improving and becoming a United legend.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
What the feck is this lineup from Alonso. Grimaldo playing as an attacking midfielder with Wirtz and no striker (though he did the same in the two legs against Roma).

Going a bit too defensive today and maybe overthinking, hopefully it doesn't kick them in the arse.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
What the feck is this lineup from Alonso. Grimaldo playing as an attacking midfielder with Wirtz and no striker (though he did the same in the two legs against Roma).

Going a bit too defensive today and maybe overthinking, hopefully it doesn't kick them in the arse.
To be fair he’s done alright this season with his decisions.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Atalanta XI: Musso, Djimsiti, Hien, Kolasinac, Zappacosta, Ederson, Koopmeiners, Ruggeri, De Ketelaere, Lookman, Scamacca.

Bayer Leverkusen XI: Kovar, Tapsoba, Tah, Stanisic, Frimpong, Palacios, Xhaka, Hincapie, Wirtz, Grimaldo, Adli.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Atalanta XI: Musso, Djimsiti, Hien, Kolasinac, Zappacosta, Ederson, Koopmeiners, Ruggeri, De Ketelaere, Lookman, Scamacca.

Can't work out who plays where with the extra defender. surely not Hincapie at LWB?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Can't work out who plays where with the extra defender. surely not Hincapie at LWB?
Hincapie as LCB, Grimaldo as usual LWB, Frimpong RW ahead of Stanisic as RWB would make sense.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
This could be a cracking game with lots of goals. I'm on team Atalanta.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Reckon it will be the most difficult test for Leverkusen this season.

always_hoping

Now I know Leverkusen are on unbeaten and all that but If in it Liverpool would be favourites for tonight's Europa league final yet you can get odds of 7/2 for Atalanta who beat Liverpool 3-0 in Anfield. A bit of value in those odds?

FujiVice

So when are Leverkusen scoring the winner? 96th or 97th minute?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Now I know Leverkusen are on unbeaten and all that but If in it Liverpool would be favourites for tonight's Europa league final yet you can get odds of 7/2 for Atalanta who beat Liverpool 3-0 in Anfield. A bit of value in those odds?
I had a free bet to use. Went Atalanta & BTTS 6/1

marktan

Might actually watch this, haven't seen Leverkusen this season so curious to see them.

But I'm rooting for Atlanta, I'm a fan of Lookman so hoping he does well.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can't watch it for free this year on Youtube. Instead it's free on Discovery+. Just sign up with an account.

Lyricist

Defensive solidity with one defensive wingback.

--------------Wirtz-------Adli------Frimpong
Grimaldo-----Xhaka-----Palacios----Stanisic
----------Hincapié------Tah-----Tapsoba
----------------------------Kovar

90 + 5min

Would be nice if Bergamo could celebrate tonight. I’m giving them a chance tonight.

izec

Adli as a striker is weird. Should have gone for a proper 9 and Adli/Tella RW, Frimpong RWB.

Xabi doing a Pep in the final and overthinking?