Europa League final: Liverpool vs Sevilla

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
"I think we're getting looked upon from up above. I think this is our year" - Liverpool fan on BBC News.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
I'll develop some sort of horrific disorder if Liverpool win tonight. Which they will. Break out the fecking ale.

Brophs

The One and Only
It's already fecking winding me up. And the media wankathon over Klopp will be insufferable.

Gimps.

SqueakyWeasel

I hate the sight of him to be honest. He's a bigmouth; and not in a cool Morrissey kind of a way.
The irony is it's our manager that I can't stand the sight or sound of! There are not many managers that could come straight into the PL half way through a season and turn round a poor squad like Liverpool's - wonder what he could have done with our lads?

An Irish Red

The irony is it's our manager that I can't stand the sight or sound of! There are not many managers that could come straight into the PL half way through a season and turn round a poor squad like Liverpool's - wonder what he could have done with our lads?
I'm not disputing his talent. He's brilliant unfortunately, and we should have went for him. But his dramatics for the camera irritate the life out of me.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool XI: Mignolet, Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Sturridge.

Subs:
Ward, Benteke, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Skrtel.

Sevilla XI: Soria; Mariano, Rami, Carrico, Escudero; Krychowiak, N'Zonzi; Coke, Banega, Vitolo; Gameiro.

Subs: Rico, Kolodziejczak, Iborra, Cristóforo, Pareja, Konoplyanka, Llorente.

Decent teams for both.

SqueakyWeasel

I'm not disputing his talent. He's brilliant unfortunately, and we should have went for him. But his dramatics for the camera irritate the life out of me.
That's what every supporter wants, rival fans to hate that sort of thing - deflects from the team performance. Think of the hatred Fergie could invoke in rival fans standing on the touchline gesticulating at the ref and pointing at his watch. As you say … unfortunately! :cool::D

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Remember that we beat them twice in the PL and Klopp only managed to get them to 8th placing.

I too can't stand the sight and sound of our Philosophical Manager but he got us to equal points as City and near CL qualification - and we have a poor squad too.

The 'Pool got lucky in the EL and nearly got lucky too in the FA Cup winning one game after another on penalties!

One big difference is that Klopp transmits his enthusiasm to his players from the touchline but ours writes love stories on his notepad, constantly sitting down, and he's such a cold fish.

Zoo

Shoutout to the people who dismiss the Europa League as a second rate competition yet are livid at the thought of Liverpool winning it.
It's because the winner gets Champions League football next season.

SqueakyWeasel

Remember that we beat them twice in the PL and Klopp only managed to get them to 8th placing.

I too can't stand the sight and sound of our Philosophical Manager but he got us to equal points as City and near CL qualification - and we have a poor squad too.

The 'Pool got lucky in the EL and nearly got lucky too in the FA Cup winning one game after another on penalties!

One big difference is that Klopp transmits his enthusiasm to his players from the touchline but ours writes love stories on his notepad, constantly sitting down, and he's such a cold fish.
Points all taken, but, the main differences are that he hasn't had two seasons and spent a fortune on players "he" wants. He came in before Christmas and inherited a squad that is vastly inferior to ours if you were honest. Next season when he adds some of his own choices they'll be annoyingly hard to beat. With Klopp and CL footy to dangle as an incentive I think players will want to come and play for bloody 'pool next season!

peridigm

Klopp, find him hard to hate really. Still like his style and to think, we got van Gaal!

More worried about 'pool next season than Pep at the Emtihad to be honest :mad:
Spot on. Think Klopp with some new players will turn them into contenders. If we still have LVG the highlight of our season will be fighting for scraps.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
BT Sport's buildup is cringeworthy, I've never seen anything so biased. Saying this is like a home game for Liverpool.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I think our ears are the winners today (for wherever is going to be listening to the commentary). No Owen in the comm box.

salford_

I have had to switch off BT. I am sorry but you'd think Liverpool are the only team allowed to win, and Sevilla arent even playing the way theyre going on. The cringe is unreal

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Throwing money on these cnuts to lift the trophy.

If they win, I get money. If they lose, schadenfreude will sooth my financial pain.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It is sort of like a home game for Liverpool. Sevilla didn't sell out their allocation so Liverpool got more (since there weren't any sponsors who wanted them either)

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
The two guests are former Liverpool players, they then speak to Gerrard for five minutes followed by Dalglish. In between interviews they wax lyrical about the support for Liverpool in the stadium, even saying it's 90/10 Liverpool in the ground. The very brief mention of Sevilla's existence is to basically say they've got no chance, clearly forgetting they've won the last two finals.

It's just disrespectful, no wonder everyone hates the English.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The two guests are former Liverpool players, they then speak to Gerrard for five minutes followed by Dalglish. In between interviews they wax lyrical about the support for Liverpool in the stadium, even saying it's 90/10 Liverpool in the ground. The very brief mention of Sevilla's existence is to basically say they've got no chance, clearly forgetting they've won the last two finals.

It's just disrespectful, no wonder everyone hates Liverpool
fixed

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Points all taken, but, the main differences are that he hasn't had two seasons and spent a fortune on players "he" wants. He came in before Christmas and inherited a squad that is vastly inferior to ours if you were honest. Next season when he adds some of his own choices they'll be annoyingly hard to beat. With Klopp and CL footy to dangle as an incentive I think players will want to come and play for bloody 'pool next season!
I agree with your comments and will also add that LVG SOLD so many of our strikers when he arrived that it had to be Martial to 'save' his face!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Whys Konoplyanka on the bench?
Shitting it think with all the hype on us, gotta feeling that Sevilla are just gona come in and do a job

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!

It's just disrespectful, no wonder everyone hates the English.
Sports/Football TV is dominated by 'Pool pundits unfortunately.