Europa Semi Finals

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
I'm confused, are there actually people in here claiming the two tackles last night were not both yellow card offences.

Completely cut and dry for me.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
What fecking rules does tell refs to send off a player for a tactical foul in the 2nd minute and a mistimed challenge in the 10th? He is there to manage the game and show understanding of it, not just throw yellows for the first two fouls, if he followed the rules he should have sent off couple of others.
The first yellow was a little harsh, but the second one was very clear. He did the right thing with that second yellow. Get over it.

Kostov

The first yellow was a little harsh, but the second one was very clear. He did the right thing with that second yellow. Get over it.
There's nothing to go over mate, we've already agreed to disagree @The Bloody-Nine and Arsenal did feck all anyway, I almost forgot. :lol:
It was one shambolic refereeing performance and it was mainly due to the referee not showing a bit more sense.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
What fecking rules does tell refs to send off a player for a tactical foul in the 2nd minute and a mistimed challenge in the 10th? He is there to manage the game and show understanding of it, not just throw yellows for the first two fouls, if he followed the rules he should have sent off couple of others.
I'm all for refs handing out bookings for early tactical fouls. It stops teams adopting the tactic of having different players foul the same key threat to avoid punishment. It also lays down the marker early on that players can't get away with it. The proper reaction to that should be to adapt your defending to suit the situation, not go flying into a tackle less than 10 minutes later.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the red.

Should others have received similar punishment? Perhaps, but I always find it odd when people moan about refereeing inconsistency by arguing that the ref should have sent other players off while simultaneously saying that the decision they have an issue with wasn't a red. Pick one line and go with it. Either it was a red and others should have gone, or it wasn't a red and the rest of the game wasn't officiated as badly as you're making out.

Kostov

I'm all for refs handing out bookings for early tactical fouls. It stops teams adopting the tactic of having different players foul the same key threat to avoid punishment. It also lays down the marker early on that players can't get away with it. The proper reaction to that should be to adapt your defending to suit the situation, not go flying into a tackle less than 10 minutes later.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the red.

Should others have received similar punishment? Perhaps, but I always find it odd when people moan about refereeing inconsistency by arguing that the ref should have sent other players off while simultaneously saying that the decision they have an issue with wasn't a red. Pick one line and go with it. Either it was a red and others should have gone, or it wasn't a red and the rest of the game wasn't officiated as badly as you're making out.
It wasn’t necessary to go into details as much as you did, people running their mouth off how it was by the rules seem like they expect players to be robots and so do the referee. Zero understanding and feel of the game. It wasn’t a red and it was shambolic refereeing afterward. Now feel free to disagree, but I’m done on this subject.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Excited for today. It has been time since i felt in this way for an Arsenal game. Just give everything you can :) ;)

Kapardin

For all their weaknesses, I'd back Arse slightly over Atletico, but if Costa returns, latter would be favorites.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
For all their weaknesses, I'd back Arse slightly over Atletico, but if Costa returns, latter would be favorites.
Nope. Atletico are phenomenal at home and will grind out a clean sheet. No way are we going to score over there. Wenger's away record in the CL has been awful unless the team has already lost the home leg.

extincti fugax hominum

Have a soft spot for Arsene and Arsenal for years now. If they feck around and try to pass the ball into the net instead of shooting in the six-yard box like they did in the first game, they will win feck all this season again. Just try to be a little bit more pragmatic ffs. I know it sounds a bit strange but i just hope they do it for this man and he goes out on a high. And not letting Simeone to win the thing would be a bonus too.

Hammerfell

I genuinely can’t see why you’d back them over Atletico, especially away from home.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope Costa shows hands today.
Been a while since I've watched AFTV.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Expecting a solid Atletico victory. Rooting for Arsenal though.

ZAGREB RED

Can't see Arsenal doing this, they need at least one goal and I'd be amazed if Atletico didn't score tonight, so it will take a monster of a performance from Arsenal to get through, unless Atletico have a bit of an off night.

Canagel

Arsenal must score first to have a chance of winning. It really depends on the first goal. If Atletico get it Arsenal need at least 2 to win in normal time and that's against a team who don't concede goals at home. Atletico will just sit back and invite them on to wait for their mistakes the back like they did in the first game. Early goal for Arsenal and Atletico will be in trouble.

Peanut Butter

Really looking forward to the Atletico/Arsenal game, it’s perfectly poised.

I actually fancy Arsenal to give them a game tonight.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Atletico 4-0, please.

EDIT: I'm not buying into the Wenger romanticism at all. If you want to get nostalgic about Wenger and Arsenal, it's worth remembering the absolute disdain his team/club held for our Treble-winning side, the greatest English club side of all time. Wenger, at his purest, most stubborn best, was the instigator of that animosity and emanated a distinct air of superiority which attempted to belittle our achievements. I don't mind wishing Arsenal well in meaningless league games to allow him leave on a somewhat positive point, but I do wish defeat and humiliation on Arsenal and their fans when the stakes are as high as they are now in a European semi-final. If you think they'd think otherwise if we were in their shoes tonight, you're delusional.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I shudder, but should arsenal and pool both end up winning their European competitions - & chelsea end up 4th - would Arsenal be included in the UCL at the expense of Chelsea?

I’m sure you’re allowed 5 teams in Europe but I’m unaware of 6 teams from 1 country being allowed? Well here’s hopping it doesn’t happen - especially the Pool bit. They can drop out the top 4 though :D

Classical Mechanic

I shudder, but should arsenal and pool both end up winning their European competitions - & chelsea end up 4th - would Arsenal be included in the UCL at the expense of Chelsea?

I’m sure you’re allowed 5 teams in Europe but I’m unaware of 6 teams from 1 country being allowed? Well here’s hopping it doesn’t happen - especially the Pool bit. They can drop out the top 4 though :D
Yeah, 4th spot loses out in that case.