Europe Refugee Crisis

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Of course buying a house is out of the question in most parts of the UK, but that applies to most people even the better than average paid people.

But didn't he say the person he is talking about is a single man from Syria? In that context 26k is enough.
Yes but he also said ''all-in-all it's a perfects situation for people really'' which isn't the case when people can't afford homes.

Of course buying a house is out of the question in most parts of the UK, but that applies to most people even the better than average paid people.

But didn't he say the person he is talking about is a single man from Syria? In that context 26k is enough.
And that's hes been over here for 2 years i.e has next to no experience. 26k is a perfectly acceptable salary for what is still a fairly low level job.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
How is someone who is working on a £26,000 salary after feeding, clothing, paying rent etc.(Basically just functioning in society)as well sending money back to relatives. Meant to be able to buy a home and raise a family ?

Who's to say he plans to buy a home & raise a family in the very near future ? I would imagine at this moment in time - as a single person - he's like a lot of migrants insofar they share rented accommodation & all the relevant costs involved. He would pick up somewhere in the region of between £1,650 to £1,750 per month depending on whether or not he's contributing to the company pension scheme. I'd say his surplus income each month after paying out his bills would be fairly healthy. Of course, he could lead an extravagant lifestyle - a bit like the young bloke who's Father gave him the money for a deposit on a house - in which case he could be on double his wage & still struggle to make ends meet. It's all relative, & it's about how sensible & disciplined you are with your money. Look at how many Premiership footballers have declared themselves bankrupt. £50,000 a week obviously wasn't enough for some of them

People are in no way treated equally at all when it comes to race, sex, gender in the UK.

They most certainly are at my place of work.