European Super League

Do you want the ESL to happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DoomSlayer

Makes perfect sense. Just look at Perez deal with the Saudis. :lol:

We need to fight this as hard as possible, I'd actually be in favour of FIFA and UEFA punishing Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus with the strongest possible actions for the way they keep pushing this corrupt narrative.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Meanwhile per other thread quotes from Perez:

Looks to me like a new variant of the super league will be back soon. Probably with Merit based qualification of some kind and potential access to all European leagues one way or another.
Which Wouldn't be at all for me

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Really poor from Klopp.

Aye. Comes across as if it’s more important that his club don’t get criticised, rather than fans, players and pundits continue to lobby for the change to ensure this cannot happen again.

90 + 5min

Looks to me like a new variant of the super league will be back soon. Probably with Merit based qualification of some kind and potential access to all European leagues one way or another.
Well, you don't have to be "state owned" to get some help from government or the city. Or did he forgot?

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

They have lived over they income. Now the reality is catching up with some clubs and they suddenly want change to suit them.

caid

Why is FFP about about dragging City and PSG's spending down to Reals level. Why not dragging Reals down to Bayer Leverkusens level. I hope he keeps harping on about this and forces more serious people to address the actual problems, rather than Perez's childish little temper tantrum

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Why is FFP about about dragging City and PSG's spending down to Reals level. Why not dragging Reals down to Bayer Leverkusens level. I hope he keeps harping on about this and forces more serious people to address the actual problems, rather than Perez's childish little temper tantrum
Perez simply can't compute that something hasn't gone his way. Tw@t

Love to see him try to sue United and the other five English clubs. Apart from the fact that collectively, we've got deeper pockets, if he won, Real would be the pariah of European/world football...

.... which sounds ok too.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...annot-leave-as-manchester-united-fans-protest

caid

Perez simply can't compute that something hasn't gone his way. Tw@t

Love to see him try to sue United and the other five English clubs. Apart from the fact that collectively, we've got deeper pockets, if he won, Real would be the pariah of European/world football...

.... which sounds ok too.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...annot-leave-as-manchester-united-fans-protest
The stupid thing is they can afford the money they're spending, theres minimal danger of them going out of business. Real cant they're the ones who's finances actually need to be regulated.

RoyH1

Well, you don't have to be "state owned" to get some help from government or the city. Or did he forgot?

https://www.ft.com/content/750e14a2-3f94-11e6-9f2c-36b487ebd80a

They have lived over they income. Now the reality is catching up with some clubs and they suddenly want change to suit them.
Real Madrid later went on to win the case against the European Commission in a European court. I know we're pissed at Florentino Pérez but let's try to be right on the facts.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'm not sure if Klopp is being deliberately dense (to support the owners) or just dense..... and ignorant of the issues.

It's nothing to do with the media winding up the fans. Yes, the ESL has died this time but it can come back and that's not the only issue... the fans of most of the club's involved were unhappy to differing extents before. Just because it's failed and the owners have given their pathetic "we're sorry", that doesn't mean we say "oh that's ok then". (1) we still don't trust them and (2) we see this is an opportunity to push for something else, something we wanted pre ESL ..... change of ownership.

I get his point about CV19 (and MUST have been very clear protests should be legal and safe) but for Klopp not to see what the problem is, is amazing. Especially when Liverpool fans (including their official fan groups) have said this isn't over.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I guess the thinking is that Asian fans don’t give a shite about sides like Burnley or the prestige associated with certain competitions. They’re only interested in a very limited number of clubs and would like to see them play each other more often.

I don’t know to what degree that is true, but it may have been a factor in this.
Might be true somewhere else, but all the people I know who watch (and play) football here thought the ESL was shit.

::sonny::

Madrid and Barça still in 100%

Juve as well

Florentino will build his league and then will find other clubs in financial trouble to complete the league

The bankruptcy league

Makelele

Klopp makes sense. It’s all so hysterical. Not helped by the media fanning the flames.

90 + 5min

Real Madrid later went on to win the case against the European Commission in a European court. I know we're pissed at Florentino Pérez but let's try to be right on the facts.
The point was not about winning in the court. The point was that he can't talk about state owned clubs when he isn't that innocent when it comes to getting a bit help from government or the city.

dpansheth

Madrid and Barça still in 100%

Juve as well

Florentino will build his league and then will find other clubs in financial trouble to complete the league

The bankruptcy league
yeah. He’s bit desperate. Even then they’ll never get required or projected money if EPL clubs are not involved

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
They should have just changed the relegation promotion part. That was the main problem, wouldn't it have been easier to do that than let it fall apart?
Would have defeated the whole purpose of it though.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
I for one thought he would welcome the distraction from his team’s string of poor results. Maybe that’s the plan. Get angry at him due to his poor takes on the ESL, and not for Pool’s underperformance.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Would have defeated the whole purpose of it though.
I think they would want to bring it back with a very half assed relegation upgrade. But having overplayed their hand so badly they will be unable to regroup.