Music Eurovision 2024

Withnail

He had something to say about Israel not required to answer a question that was asked. I think it all stemmed from that.
Yeah he does seem like he's being punished for more than just this incident, given there was no physical altercation, and he'd already asked them not to film him a few times which they weren't supposed to be doing so in the first place.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Yeah he does seem like he's being punished for more than just this incident, given there was no physical altercation, and he'd already asked them not to film him a few times which they weren't supposed to be doing so in the first place.
Meanwhile the Israeli contingent has allegedly been taunting more than one contestant and yet no disciplinary actions has been taken against them. Their contestant has been hailed a hero for participating and facing all the challenges they have been encountering.

90 + 5min

Are most the contestants mentally unwell? They all seem batshit crazy.
Long gone are normal days with normal music where the only thing artist needed was microphone. No half naked people, no screaming, no jumping around, no wierd clothing. Just normal music. One more thing where you can say, it was better before.

However, it is pretty incredible how good staging is. So maybe, not everything was better before.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Long gone are normal days with normal music where the only thing artist needed was microphone. No half naked people, no screaming, no jumping around, no wierd clothing. Just normal music. One more thing where you can say, it was better before.

However, it is pretty incredible how good staging is. So maybe, not everything was better before.
What days are those? All the past bands from the 80's like Kiss, Metallica, Queen were all very extravagant.

Sylar

Was this Roman times? Or earlier ?

Withnail

I don't remember this but it sounds boring AF. Who wants normal?

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I only listen to chipmunk music.

90 + 5min

90 + 5min

Ah, that changes things a bit. Though I should remind you that two years before that song, Norway won with a song that definitely had some screaming, jumping around and weird clothes.

I think you might just be getting old.
I don't think that comes near how artist today are on stage. I understand we don't live in the past but I think it has become to much with wierdness. This year, if we are honest, I don't think there are 4-5 artist that actually are good singers. It is all about being "cool".

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't think that comes near how artist today are on stage. I understand we don't live in the past but I think it has become to much with wierdness. This year, if we are honest, I don't think there are 4-5 artist that actually are good singers. It is all about being "cool".
I think you're letting your issues with the style and presentation of the music cloud your judgement when it comes to the quality of the singing. There are always contestants who can't really sing, but there are quite a few this year who are legitimately good singers.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Also I have to be honest and say I don't fully actually understand the Eurovision rules around being non political anymore (especially after they already took the political decision to exclude Russia).

So a kefiyyeh is a political statement,even when worn by someone who is half Palestinian.....would the same apply for someone wearing a somali flag if they were half somali half Norwegian?

How was Klein's song not banned outright considering it involves EU flags everywhere, an organisation that is inherently a deeply political undertaking?

Are people banned from taking pride flags in, even though gay marriage is not allowed in 9 of the 26 finalists?

Etc etc.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
What actually happened here? I have only read that she complained about something, but never what it actually was.
At a minimum, there were multiple instances of the Israeli delegation filming them and posting the videos to socials with comments on them. Then there's the part about what the KAN commentator said during the semi final. I don't think it's public if there are other complaints too.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Also I have to be honest and say I don't fully actually understand the Eurovision rules around being non political anymore (especially after they already took the political decision to exclude Russia).

So a kefiyyeh is a political statement,even when worn by someone who is half Palestinian.....would the same apply for someone wearing a somali flag if they were half somali half Norwegian?

How was Klein's song not banned outright considering it involves EU flags everywhere, an organisation that is inherently a deeply political undertaking?

Are people banned from taking pride flags in, even though gay marriage is not allowed in 9 of the 26 finalists?

Etc etc.
There are technically rules, but yes usually they ignore some of them. You often have non-participant flags in the arena, but this year they are definitely enforcing it harder. As for the EU flag, it was actually originally just the flag of Europe, not the EU, so it probably wouldn't be a problem.

I believe the Pride flag is actually the one stated exception to the "no non-participant flags" rule. Pride is obviously political, but Eurovision has never actually been apolitical.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
At a minimum, there were multiple instances of the Israeli delegation filming them and posting the videos to socials with comments on them. Then there's the part about what the KAN commentator said during the semi final. I don't think it's public if there are other complaints too.
Thank you. What did that commentator exactly say?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Kaarja just withdrew as the Finnish representative (who gives out the points), same as Alessandra. Not too surprising, given he ended his semi final appearance by shouting "stop war".

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There are technically rules, but yes usually they ignore some of them. You often have non-participant flags in the arena, but this year they are definitely enforcing it harder. As for the EU flag, it was actually originally just the flag of Europe, not the EU, so it probably wouldn't be a problem.

I believe the Pride flag is actually the one stated exception to the "no non-participant flags" rule. Pride is obviously political, but Eurovision has never actually been apolitical.
Interesting, I didn't know that that flag was assigned as the flag of the whole of Europe originally!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Has anyone actually had a big break and had a stellar career from eurovision in the last 20 years?
Lena is still successful and relevant in German speaking countries. Maneskin are extremely successful in all of Europe. They are headlining festivals this summer.