Music Eurovision 2024

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Well, genocide aside, you have to respect Israelis level in organization. Obviously, every Israeli outside Israel is voting 20 times for their singer.
"You are booing our singer. Watch this space then". They will probably win this shit. :lol: .
Is the voting opened to the world ?

Dan_F

So who are you all supporting tomorrow and why is it Greece.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Yep. It is 20 votes per phone number. And USA can vote too.
Israel will destroy in televoting. If they get something from jury, they will win this.
@nimic , can countries outside competition vote?

Edit: i just checked. Yes, they can.
Hmm if all those protesters around the US finds out about this, they won't win.

PSV

I think Israel is going to cruise this unless the jury has it out for them. A lot of the other artists have given themselves a massive competitive disadvantage with their behaviour.

Humourously I would like to add that if Israel winning means "the end of ESC" then that's a win, not a loss, so let's go! :lol:

Wilt

So who are you all supporting tomorrow and why is it Greece.
Israel are the favourites to win the public vote, who knows who’s going to win

Austria look good

nimic

something nice
Scout
Looks like the Netherlands might have been... disqualified? Voluntarily withdrawn? Or possibly neither. But they're starting jury performance now, and the Netherlands aren't on the schedule. I guess they could always show the jury the semi final performance, but I bet this means they won't be performing tomorrow.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Looks like the Netherlands might have been... disqualified? Voluntarily withdrawn? Or possibly neither. But they're starting jury performance now, and the Netherlands aren't on the schedule. I guess they could always show the jury the semi final performance, but I bet this means they won't be performing tomorrow.
Allegedly, someone in the Israeli contingent made fun of the Dutch entrants parents being killed and he hit one of them.

So, they’ve stopped him from going on in the rehearsals.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Well this is all going about as well as expected from the EBU.

klsv

How pathetic and immature can you get.
Oh people can get very pathetic and immature. For an example, I just saw a video of an israeli journalist going towards the Dutch area yelling "Mr. Klein, where were yoi, we missed you on the stage". Before that I saw two members of the Israeli delegation taking selfies of themselves laughing, while making sure Joost Klein was in the background. They even added "he doesn't like us" as the caption. Proper pathetic and immature that.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Oh people can get very pathetic and immature. For an example, I just saw a video of an israeli journalist going towards the Dutch area yelling "Mr. Klein, where were yoi, we missed you on the stage". Before that I saw two members of the Israeli delegation taking selfies of themselves laughing, while making sure Joost Klein was in the background. They even added "he doesn't like us" as the caption. Proper pathetic and immature that.
Said it in the Israeli/Palestine thread, they’ve got away with so much for so long, they feel immune and entitled.

Not really into Eurovision that much (the voting used to be funny but now it’s ridiculous) but if all the other acts refused to come on stage, that would be worth watching. Eurovision made the comp political, so can’t complain about it when contestants do.

Pav1878

Israel are the favourites to win the public vote, who knows who’s going to win

Austria look good
how the feck do Israel win the public vote? If that happens the world is officially fecked

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Wtf. No wonder the Dutch contestent decked someone. Should have hit that journo as well.

PSV

how the feck do Israel win the public vote? If that happens the world is officially fecked
Creating a us/them scenario they only need like 5-10% on their side because there's 25 (?) options on the other side. It's smart.

Pav1878

Hope Eden Golan wins it, with all the vile abuse aimed at her just because she was born in Israel.
It’s not vile abuse if it’s justified. She chose to represent a country that oppresses, occupies and murders Palestinians and has done for decades.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Creating a us/them scenario they only need like 5-10% on their side because there's 25 (?) options on the other side. It's smart.
We've got Norwegian christian conservatives bragging on Twitter that they've never watched Eurovision, but they've got their whole family voting 20 times for Israel. The sad irony (or hypocrisy) is that these are people who have actively opposed any equality for gays, and now they're throwing money at an event which has been embraced by the queer community more than any other (except Pride).

Wilt

It’s only the bookmakers view ….Israel 25/1 to win jury vote ….4/6 to win public televote

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
We've got Norwegian christian conservatives bragging on Twitter that they've never watched Eurovision, but they've got their whole family voting 20 times for Israel. The sad irony (or hypocrisy) is that these are people who have actively opposed any equality for gays, and now they're throwing money at an event which has been embraced by the queer community more than any other (except Pride).
If i was a journo with some followers I'd start posting things like "Eurovision: conservative Christians finally embrace homosexuality". Just to take the piss.

Pav1878

why are Norwegian Christian conservatives voting for Israel?

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
They're just rubbing it in at this point. Proper bully behavior.

nimic

something nice
Scout
If i was a journo with some followers I'd start posting things like "Eurovision: conservative Christians finally embrace homosexuality". Just to take the piss.
It's not quite that, but this is the current top story on NRK.no, the national broadcaster:

The guy on the left is a very vocal (and popular) left-wing politician, the guy on the right is one of those Christian conservatives, and the editor of a Christian media organization. And if you're a Christian media organization in Norway you're definitely on the fringe already.

Pav1878

They love Israel. God's people, the holy land, judgement day, all that stuff.
Weird. Gods people according to the Jews only. And the Holy Land is the centre of three faiths last time I checked.
These people love Israel despite the atrocities they are committing. Tells you a lot about these Norwegian Christian Conservatives then.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Weird. Gods people according to the Jews only. And the Holy Land is the centre of three faiths last time I checked.
These people love Israel despite the atrocities they are committing. Tells you a lot about these Norwegian Christian Conservatives then.
Christ can't come back before the Jews control the holy land, or something like that. This is a thing in the US too, and probably all over Europe. It's insane.