g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Eurovision 2024

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Christ can't come back before the Jews control the holy land, or something like that. This is a thing in the US too, and probably all over Europe. It's insane.
Isn't it funny how all the hate in this world is somehow linked to or fueled by some religious belief?

PSV

Wtf. No wonder the Dutch contestent decked someone. Should have hit that journo as well.
Sorry but from what is being reported in this instance the Dutch guy is basically the kid that starts things and then someone gets him back he can't handle it and turns violent. Not normal behaviour at all.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Isn't it funny how all the hate in this world is somehow linked to or fueled by some religious belief?
Nah I don't think I agree with that. People are just hateful and they'll always find a reason.

Religion, race, sexuality, gender etc. There's always something to hate.

Pav1878

Gaza is a colonial land grab framed as some existential crisis for the Zionists. They will make it about religion but it isn’t. The Palestinians just want their land and their rights. It’s not about religion for them.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Nah I don't think I agree with that. People are just hateful and they'll always find a reason.

Religion, race, sexuality, gender etc. There's always something to hate.
Which doctrine and faith teaches that homosexuality is wrong? Where is that more prevalent? Yes there are naturally hateful people but they are heavily influenced by all these religious nutcases who uses their teachings as a way to brainwash them even more.

Gaza is a colonial land grab framed as some existential crisis for the Zionists. They will make it about religion but it isn’t. The Palestinians just want their land and their rights. It’s not about religion for them.
I was referring more to the point about Christians basing their prophecy on Jews being chosen to inhabit the earth etc.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It'll be interesting to see if any of the singers have the balls to protest while it's live tomorrow night. If they do it's an instant vote from me.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Which doctrine and faith teaches that homosexuality is wrong? Where is that more prevalent? Yes there are naturally hateful people but they are heavily influenced by all these religious nutcases who uses their teachings as a way to brainwash them even more.
True but at the same time, that still exists and always will. Look at the police/black Americans situation that always pops up. Nothing to do with religion.

I think religion definitely adds to hate because of how people interpret things but without it, there would still be tribalism etc.

I think it's too simplistic to say religion is the main issue when the real issue is people themselves. Plenty of religious people live peacefully and fanatics ruin it for them and everyone else.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It'll be interesting to see if any of the singers have the balls to protest while it's live tomorrow night. If they do it's an instant vote from me.
Didn't Iceland do some pro-palestine thing a few years back and got fined? I would vote for them if I voted.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Someone has to manage to sneak a Palestine flag on stage, although the cowards will probably cut the TV feed if they did.

Redstain

That's a subjective view, the same way people or a culture can embrace racial views is no different to people being homophobic.

We all in some way conform to subconscious biases and presupposed judgements, that can be influenced by many things outside of religion.

Giggsyking

Absolutely mind-blowing that we've gotten to the day and Israel are actually going to be allowed to perform. It's abhorrent.
It's a stain in the European history to be part of whitewashing an apartheid state for many years, and now whitewashing a genocide.

Giggsyking

I read there were boos on the news, but I did not expect to be this big.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If the people were heckling him over his dead parents I hope he broke their jaw.

Giggsyking

Fairly comprehensive thread of the rumours that were flying around. It's a total shitshow and the EBU should be deeply ashamed.

They banned all Kufiyahs at the event, fascism as a word can not even describe the situation, imagine banning a piece of clothes that is Iraqi in origin and not even Palestinian just to whitewash the image of an apartheid state.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They banned all Kufiyahs at the event, fascism as a word can not even describe the situation, imagine banning a piece of clothes that is Iraqi in origin and not even Palestinian just to whitewash the image of an apartheid state.
Money talks as always (one of the reasons at least). Main sponsor of Eurovision is Israeli company.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Fecking hell, really? :lol:

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
As per that lengthy thread, members of the Israeli delegation are targeting the Dutch, Irish, Greek, and Spanish contestants. Completely against the competition's rules. The Spanish media team released a statement about them being hassled.

As a tweet said... It's the Eurovision! Who the feck behaves like this??

The EBU are actually going to kill the Eurovision this year.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Before things get out of hand in this thread, according to the Dutch media Joost Klein threatened some female worker off the Songfestival organization.

Smores

I can't see them banning him because of an accused threat. He'll probably go on and win now.

Mike Smalling

Can they just cancel the event for good?

Works for me.
I’m just happy my country sucks at it, so we don’t end up winning and getting the hosting responsibilities. It was a huge shit show last time that happened.

Spark

I can't see them banning him because of an accused threat. He'll probably go on and win now.
Hope so, got him at 15/1 three months ago :lol:

Ideal scenario is the whole event is cancelled. Would be amazing.

Wilt

Before things get out of hand in this thread, according to the Dutch media Joost Klein threatened some female worker off the Songfestival organization.
Threatening a woman? Ooo he’s hard