g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Evan Ferguson - Top Irish Prospect

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Subbed at half time. Don’t think I’ve seen him much tear things up away from home yet, shines hugely in the odd games when at home though.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Relax he’s 18/19. He won’t be consistent for awhile yet

Ole'sgunnarwin

Not easy for CF when you're taken off at half time so much.The hallmark of a top striker is to score goals even when having a quiet game. It creates a lot of pressure and is quite harsh imo

ti vu

Can see him going to Spurs and becoming the new Kane.
Why would he go to Tottenham though? He's that alike Kane in playing style, not if Tottenham continue with Ange they would alter their current set up for a Harry Kane. Also there is Arsenal, Chelsea who need a proper goal guarantee CF in long run too. These two are more generous payers than Tottenham.

mu4c_20le

Why would he go to Tottenham though? He's that alike Kane in playing style, not if Tottenham continue with Ange they would alter their current set up for a Harry Kane. Also there is Arsenal, Chelsea who need a proper goal guarantee CF in long run too. These two are more generous payers than Tottenham.
Because I don't want to see him go to those two. Hopefully Levy makes an exception.

Oscar Bonavena

Beautiful finish yesterday. He only seems to get runs in the Brighton team in fits and starts, at they're spoiled for choice up front with Ansu Fati, Joan Pedro and Danny Welbeck when fit.

Maybe it's the right way to handle a young talent like Ferguson but I always think a centre forward needs a consistent run of games, and to be left on the pitch, to reach their peak form. At the moment Ferguson mustn't know when he's going to start next, and when he starts he doesn't know when he's going to be hauled off early.

He's just turned 19, I think a year or two from now, if he's still only getting game time in fits and starts, he'll be looking to go somewhere where he's the main man up front if Brighton are not going to provide it.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Beautiful finish yesterday. He only seems to get runs in the Brighton team in fits and starts, at they're spoiled for choice up front with Ansu Fati, Joan Pedro and Danny Welbeck when fit.

Maybe it's the right way to handle a young talent like Ferguson but I always think a centre forward needs a consistent run of games, and to be left on the pitch, to reach their peak form. At the moment Ferguson mustn't know when he's going to start next, and when he starts he doesn't know when he's going to be hauled off early.

He's just turned 19, I think a year or two from now, if he's still only getting game time in fits and starts, he'll be looking to go somewhere where he's the main man up front if Brighton are not going to provide it.
Don’t agree, he’s very young and he’s at a side where he completely trusts the coaches and the plan they gave in place for his development. He wouldn’t have signed a long a new term contract if he wasn’t happy

Oscar Bonavena

Don’t agree, he’s very young and he’s at a side where he completely trusts the coaches and the plan they gave in place for his development. He wouldn’t have signed a long a new term contract if he wasn’t happy
Yeah, I get that point of view. And I think his situation is preferable to, say, Hojlund's, who at 20 is being thrust as first choice centre forward into a dysfunctional team where he'll get little or no service from his attacking colleagues.

But 12 or 24 months from now, I'd be very interested to see his development and how happy he'd still be with a bit part role. But probably by that stage, Brighton will already be planning on cashing in on him, and will probably get an absolute fortune for him. They're such a well-run club.

golden_blunder

Staff
Yeah, I get that point of view. And I think his situation is preferable to, say, Hojlund's, who at 20 is being thrust as first choice centre forward into a dysfunctional team where he'll get little or no service from his attacking colleagues.

But 12 or 24 months from now, I'd be very interested to see his development and how happy he'd still be with a bit part role. But probably by that stage, Brighton will already be planning on cashing in on him, and will probably get an absolute fortune for him. They're such a well-run club.
Oh totally agree, by 21 I expect that they will be looking to move him on and he will be looking for the next stage in his career. I hope that United are in for him then. That gives us 2 years to get our house in order

Oscar Bonavena

Oh totally agree, by 21 I expect that they will be looking to move him on and he will be looking for the next stage in his career. I hope that United are in for him then. That gives us 2 years to get our house in order
But by that stage, Hojlund will be 22 and hopefully a top class centre forward also, if the club hasn't ruined him by then. So we mightn't need Ferguson, certainly not for the price Brighton will be looking for!

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
But by that stage, Hojlund will be 22 and hopefully a top class centre forward also, if the club hasn't ruined him by then. So we mightn't need Ferguson, certainly not for the price Brighton will be looking for!
I just don’t see Hojlund putting up the kind of numbers that Ferguson should (assuming he stays injury free).

Ferguson is much more of a natural goalscorer imo.

golden_blunder

Staff
I’d love to see two up top. Be an attacking threat again

Oscar Bonavena

I just don’t see Hojlund putting up the kind of numbers that Ferguson should (assuming he stays injury free).

Ferguson is much more of a natural goalscorer imo.
That's my impression so far. As much as i like Hojlund, at the moment I can't imagine him casually stroking the ball home like Ferguson did yesterday.

ToToMarshall

I’d have preferred we got him over Hojlund, but now we have the latter I’m not sure we can really get Ferguson and make it work (unless Rasmus flops).

Mwooyo

I’d have preferred we got him over Hojlund, but now we have the latter I’m not sure we can really get Ferguson and make it work (unless Rasmus flops).
Said it even before... given how much he would cost, rasmus is the better option. If Brighton asked for 115m for caicedo, they will demand something in the 120m range for this kid unless he has a really bad season. I strongly believe that time will show that going for rasmus was actually cheap...evan Ferguson, harry kane, victor osihmen would all demand 120m fees the moment manutd get involved