g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Everton vs. Manchester United

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
Scumbag Wayne is going to get it big time from the Everton crowd after tomorrow's revelations in the Sunday papers. The timing couldn't have been much worse.

Well done Wayne.

Berlinknives

Scumbag Wayne is going to get it big time from the Everton crowd after tomorrow's revelations in the Sunday papers. The timing couldn't have been much worse.

Well done Wayne.
Might have to avoid Switzerland game, basically meaning only Nani from the United players has two highly competitive internationals to play in this week.

Devil may care

Can't see him missing the game against Switzerland since it's away from home, but the Everton game will be ugly if Fergie plays him.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Might as well leave Rooney out, he always plays like an angry pub player against Everton anyway. Well, expect THAT game.

Bread

Might as well leave Rooney out, he always plays like an angry pub player against Everton anyway. Well, expect THAT game.
Was saying before all this that we could do with agood home came after his best performance in a while (england) to get him on his way, annoyingly its the away game that he usually plays pretty badly in even when in form

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
Owen-Berba will start at Everton.
Rooney shouldn't be starting/playing in this one

zub2007

Its a tough one but if we were not to play him it would be fully justified as can not afford a bad performance

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
I'd start Rooney. Great players play well when the chips are down inspite of things like crowd abuse and personal issues. Maybe he needs something to get him fired up as long as he handles it the right way.

Berlinknives

Can't see him missing the game against Switzerland since it's away from home, but the Everton game will be ugly if Fergie plays him.
Why are you implying that abusive fans are a bigger worry than the personal issue with his wife ... I would've though they may've needed a bit more time to sort things out ... but silly me England fans provoking their own player to get sent off is a far bigger issue here, or even Everton fans to United.

Idiotic logic.

Untied

I honestly have no idea if Fergie will play him or not. Probably depends on how he does in Switzerland and training once he is back. My instinct is that he won't start.

mufcwarm92

This will be tough, very tough. I'm predicting a draw, but a win would really kick on our season.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
With Scholes,Giggs and Berbatov not playing Internationals expect all three of them in starting line-up. Can see Valencia on the bench (due to time zones he'll had to switch and not so great form on the begging of the new season) and expect us to play 4-4-2 with VDS;O'Shea,Vidić,Evans,Evra;Nani,Fletcher,Scholes,Giggs,Rooney,Berbatov.

If Sir Alex decides to start with Rooney on the bench then could see Carrick in and Berbatov up-front of his own.

Either way expect us to win as draw wouldn't please me. We did lose last match there,but overall have good record on Goodison and hope we can maintain pressure on Chelsea by winning 3points.

CentreForward

Berba's bitch. A Bulgarian dEvil
With Scholes,Giggs and Berbatov not playing Internationals expect all three of them in starting line-up. Can see Valencia on the bench (due to time zones he'll had to switch and not so great form on the begging of the new season) and expect us to play 4-4-2 with VDS;O'Shea,Vidić,Evans,Evra;Nani,Fletcher,Scholes,Giggs,Rooney,Berbatov.

If Sir Alex decides to start with Rooney on the bench then could see Carrick in and Berbatov up-front of his own.

Either way expect us to win as draw wouldn't please me. We did lose last match there,but overall have good record on Goodison and hope we can maintain pressure on Chelsea by winning 3points.
Look who is here. Black Adder welcome up

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Nani certainly is top form, played well for Portugal too so he's hoping he starts on his favored position which is on RW, Valencia can rest for now.... Scholes Fletch in the CM again with Giggs on the Left, Berbs and Owen should start as we don't want Rooney to risk getting injured in this match for the sake of killing off the scousers next week...

Berbs-Owen, Berbs-Hernandez will do fine

Havak

Pokemon master
I think Ferguson will 'show faith' in Wayne by starting him, rather than basically joining in on the bandwagon of everyone ribbing him by not playing him. Unless of course, it's in Wayne's best interests to have the week off to try and sort things out.

The good thing about the somewhat expected starting line-up of:

van der Sar; O'Shea, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Nani, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs; Rooney, Berbatov

is that we can easily switch to a 433, with Giggs tucking in and Rooney going further out wide. Rafael or Neville may push for a start (but I doubt Neville will start if both Scholes and Giggs do) and Carrick may also, but I'd expect Rafael, Valencia, Carrick, and Owen to start on the bench, along with Ferdinand and Hernandez, which looks very strong (though I wouldn't be surprised if Ferdinand starts either).

zub2007

Am looking forward to see Berba play again. He seems to be on good form, let's hope it can continue

Berlinknives

I'm going to make a bold prediction here ...

PARK JI-SUNG will play ...
  1. Valencia will have to play two games and travel between venues
  2. Nani will have played two competitive games in a week
  3. Park's return from international football is earlier than Valencia's and he will have only played one game
  4. This game is away from home.
... baring injury of course

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
i doubt we will see rooney and expect berba to start up on his own maybe with some good attacking players behind....

always a hard one to call but we will win this year at goodison...2-1....

Kelvin

I do think it better to leave rooney out and save him the torrid of abuse he might get, berba and javier is also a good partnership.

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
I'd go for a solid build up like the one we played against Bayern, to solid MF's who has a lot of work rate ( Anderson Fletch ) with Scholes in dropping very deep to be our quarter back and just let the attack for either Giggs/Nani/Valencia ++ CF - Rooney to attack...

Kill their game off with pressing and just go for the quick attack. I've always enjoyed this tactic and we need three points against Everton because Chelsea do not look like losing at this moment

Berlinknives

International hangover analysis:

Who's all injured from international duty?

Jonny Evans - possible ankle/foot
John O'Shea - possible hamstring
Nani/Fletcher - two difficult games
Rooney - rested before 80 minutes
Park - beaten 1-0 but should arrive in England later.

Ecuador and Mexico still to play.

My Predicted team:

Van der Sar, Rafael, Brown, Vidic, Evra, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney

Subs: Kuszczak, Neville, Smalling/Ferdinand, Fletcher, Nani, Valencia, Hernandez

Even Owen, and Anderson for Valencia and Hernandez

Not sure what to do if Evra picks up a knock, Smalling leftback or move Rafael over there and stick on Evra, or just play Fletcher/Giggs there and hope for the best.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Do you think Ferfie is afraid of boo birds? If so he would never have started Ronaldo after the 2006 World Cup.

Some of you think we shouldn't start Rooney against Everton because of the booing he will get. This is absolutely ridiculous. Ya lets not start OUR BEST PLAYER against a tough opponent.

I know Rooney was crap against Everton last season but almost all of our players were. Goodison is a tough place to play and we will need our best players out there regardless of how many people boo them

Berlinknives

Javier Hernandez (Mexico 1-0 Colombia) - came off after 71 minutes

John O'Shea (Republic of Ireland 3-1 Andorra) - came off after 75 minutes

Darron Gibson (Republic of Ireland 3-1 Andorra) - came on after 61 minutes

Nemanja Vidic (Serbia 1-1 Slovenia) - booked, played 90 minutes

Wayne Rooney (Switzerland 1-3 England) - scored, came off after 79 minutes

Nani (Norway 1-0 Portugal) - played 90 minutes

Darren Fletcher (Scotland 2-1 Liechtenstein) - played 90 minutes

Park Ji-sung (Korea Republic 0-1 Iran) - played 90 minutes

* Should also be noted that Rafael da Silva was training playing in a 10 man Brazil B side which drew with the main Brazil side, and half a game in Brazil's 3-0 defeat of Barcelona B

Mano’s Starting XI in Training - Brazil

* Also that Valencia (1-0 loss to Venezeula) as well as Smalling, Bébé, Norwood, Devlin and Brady were in action midweek.

EVERTON

Marouane Fellaini (Turkey 3-2 Belgium) - played 90 minutes

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov (Russia 0-1 Slovakia) - came on after 81 minutes

Johnny Heitinga (Netherlands 2-1 Finland) - played 90 minutes

Phil Jagielka (Switzerland 1-3 England) - played 90 minutes

Man-United

VDS
O'Shea Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Scholes Carrick Nani
Rooney Berba

I'd save Fletcher for tough battle against Rangers and Liverpool as he also played two hard international games.
I would rather have Wes instead of O'Shea as RB, but I dont think it will happen this game.

Berlinknives

VDS
O'Shea Rio Vidic Evra
Valencia Scholes Carrick Nani
Rooney Berba

I'd save Fletcher for tough battle against Rangers and Liverpool as he also played two hard international games.
I would rather have Wes instead of O'Shea as RB, but I dont think it will happen this game.
O'Shea picked up a knock yesterday, Evans also has a knock, Rio's working his way back ... there's definitely room for one or two from Neville, Smalling, Brown and Rafael here.

As for Valencia and Nani, Valencia is bound to be the most jetlagged player here, Nani might be rested now or in the Rangers game instead.

I'd say Giggs and or Park to start this, Park would've been the first back out of Hernandez, Valencia and himself and would keep Baines at bay, particularly if Rafael plays.

Berlinknives

Do you think Ferfie is afraid of boo birds? If so he would never have started Ronaldo after the 2006 World Cup.

Some of you think we shouldn't start Rooney against Everton because of the booing he will get. This is absolutely ridiculous. Ya lets not start OUR BEST PLAYER against a tough opponent.

I know Rooney was crap against Everton last season but almost all of our players were. Goodison is a tough place to play and we will need our best players out there regardless of how many people boo them
Rooney was taken off in the England, if he doesn't start, it'll be for that reason. However Hernandez will be just back from México so if you do take off Rooney, you'd have to either consider 4-5-1 with Berbatov on his own or playing Owen or Hernandez here .... neither is ideal.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Reckon it would be wise to take Wazza out of my fantasy team? He always does shit against Everton, plus with this whole palaver going on.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm going to make a bold prediction here ...

PARK JI-SUNG will play ...
  1. Valencia will have to play two games and travel between venues
  2. Nani will have played two competitive games in a week
  3. Park's return from international football is earlier than Valencia's and he will have only played one game
  4. This game is away from home.
... baring injury of course
I'm not sure how "bold" a prediction it is suggesting a player that has regularly played between 20-40 games for us over the last 5 years might get a game :confused:

Devilton

tough tough tough game...

hope we can get a 1-0. But a draw looks the safe bet.

Kelvin

I don't want a draw, a win is needed to keep the pressure up on chelsea.